Sponsored

Weird tinny tail gate creaks? Made new extended bump stops!

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the same issue but with normal Sasquatch package, so it can’t be an issue with length of the stops for me
Thanks. Im thinking its either license plate bracket, plastic trim on the inside of tailgate or something behind that "accessory ready" trim piece or something inside the cargo bin..
Sponsored

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SOLVED: I found that the sounds was indeed coming from the spare tire tailgate mount itself. It was inside the tailgate too. I removed the plastic accessory cover on the inside of the gate. In there I could see the bolts that held the spare tire mount in place. I took some teflon spray grease and shot each of the bolts I could see and BAM that solved it!!!

No more annoying clicking sounds!!!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
SOLVED: I found that the sounds was indeed coming from the spare tire tailgate mount itself. It was inside the tailgate too. I removed the plastic accessory cover on the inside of the gate. In there I could see the bolts that held the spare tire mount in place. I took some teflon spray grease and shot each of the bolts I could see and BAM that solved it!!!

No more annoying clicking sounds!!!
Wait, can you please explain the solution ilke I'm 5? I removed the accessory panel early in my process but if I remember correctly, there were only little holes behind it and I wasn't able to get a good view of the inside of the tailgate, like bolts etc.

I'd _love_ to hear specifically what I should do to fix this annoying pinging issue!

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@NotApplicable You're right there is no direct access to all the bolts. If you get a spray can with a nozzle it helps. You can see most of them with a flash light but really just spray in the general direction. It will not hurt anything inside the gate.

Ford Bronco Weird tinny tail gate creaks? Made new extended bump stops! PXL_20210928_223625206

Ford Bronco Weird tinny tail gate creaks? Made new extended bump stops! PXL_20210928_223522879

Ford Bronco Weird tinny tail gate creaks? Made new extended bump stops! PXL_20210928_223548404.MP

Ford Bronco Weird tinny tail gate creaks? Made new extended bump stops! PXL_20210928_223602061

Last edited:

Broncoboyz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone found another solution to this issue? I’m experiencing the same tail gate rattle without success in fixing it.

Sponsored

JayhawkJake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Scion FR-S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Effectively following, this has driven me insane. Gonna try the grease method here in a minute and report back if it works.

EDIT: At first I could only see 3 of the bolts, sprayed them, it did not work. Was able to angle myself to see two more, didn't immediately test because I'm not optimistic and it's late. We'll see tomorrow.

Last edited:

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone found another solution to this issue? I’m experiencing the same tail gate rattle without success in fixing it.
i removed the accessory panel and put in the garage and so far i haven't heard the noise again... will by driving 3 hours tomorrow and am leaving it off so will update ... if that is it, i will try some stick on felt and resin tall the accessory plate to see if that solves it...

Heynongman

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gonna try this grease method. Having this exact problem with stock sasquatch.

BroncoBuddy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue. I tried greasing the bolts that I could see. It has been a few days and still creaking. Anyone have a solution?

BroncoBuddy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some reason I feel like this is coming more from the passenger side. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the passenger side rear quarter panel around the tail light and next to the rear window. That small section of metal above the tail light seems like it isn’t held in place very well….no clue really…I’m just hunting for a solution.

Sponsored

Morningview

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2-door 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I came up with a temporary "solution". I put tennis balls between the bumps and spare tire. I added a little foam to make it a tighter fit. Nothing else is needed. The pressure alone holds them in place. This will do until they come out with an actual solution. Doesn't completely get rid of the shaking/rattling, but it is clearly improved.
Ford Bronco Weird tinny tail gate creaks? Made new extended bump stops! tempImage6WYCuH

Ford Bronco Weird tinny tail gate creaks? Made new extended bump stops! tempImagegfWsvK

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Effectively following, this has driven me insane. Gonna try the grease method here in a minute and report back if it works.

EDIT: At first I could only see 3 of the bolts, sprayed them, it did not work. Was able to angle myself to see two more, didn't immediately test because I'm not optimistic and it's late. We'll see tomorrow.
Did you ever find a solution? The noise is driving me batty.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever find a solution? The noise is driving me batty.
The bumpstop solution pretty much got rid of some of the sounds for me... The tailgate support finished the job. No more rattles or pinging. I have the Hammerbuilt one, but I'm sure they all pretty much work. Just my experience!
Sponsored

Last edited: