Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think as a community we’ve done enough to show @kfralin what we think...

I want to take a moment and focus this thread back on @DealerInsider , where the focus should be.

As my username probably tells you...I’m new to this car buying thing.

I’ve been dreading the whole experience. Trying to figure out pricing, what the difference between MSRP and invoice was, all these Ford alphabet soup abc/xyz plans (lol), etc.

Do I negotiate? What can I negotiate?
Do I need something in writing?
Am I going to get screwed down the line?

My local dealer did not leave me with a very good impression. I couldn’t help but feel like he was trying to get the most of the situation by keeping me in the dark, using scare tactics, etc.

Lucky for me B6G and all you awesome people were here. You guys kept me informed.

Then I found Tom at Chapman and he has been so damn helpful, responsive, and transparent.

At the same time - he is one of the most authentic dealers/people I’ve gotten to talk to. He got a bad rep upfront for the way he typed and talked...but I actually like the way he communicates. It’s authentic to who he is and he isn’t changing.

And he shouldn’t! He’s a professional at his work and that’s all that counts. (I feel the same way about my line of work)

My order is officially placed and I could not be more confident in my decision to go with him.

As someone who’s “new at this”...he’s fostered a sense of trust in me. Doesn’t matter if I get a MY21, MY22, or if something goes wrong down the line. I know he has my back and I’m here having his now.

Thanks for everything so far Tom! You’re a brother for sure!
appreciate you my friend!...especially taking the time to write all of this!
Sponsored

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like 56% of 1025 (that's 574 for the mathematically challenged) U.S. adults find car salespeople somewhat highly trusted. That's not terrible. If you factor in that there is no "margin or error" stated, we could be talking north of 60%. Given that the poll was from 2018, I'm guessing Police officers and Lawyers have probably dropped a bit, so we might be at least as trusted as say a banker by now. Do you think CDC officials might be included on the next survey?
“...D-Plan (dealer) pricing, when available, is generally right at our slightly above invoice...”

I’ve tried to keep it light, but how are you a general sales manager of a Ford store?...This is the stupidest non-factual thing u said
I meant X-plan just above invoice...D-Plan just below invoice (before incentives).

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know...it’s in the running as the stupidest and most non-factual statement, but it faces very stiff competition.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I honestly don't know why ANY of you are still arguing over this shit?!?!

Its a beautiful snowy day outside.. Depending on where you are. It's Superbowl Sunday, perfect for hanging out with friends or family and have a good time.

Maybe it's time to let it all go, and get things back on track here...
Seriously.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As my username probably tells you...I’m new to this car buying thing.

I’ve been dreading the whole experience. Trying to figure out pricing, what the difference between MSRP and invoice was, all these Ford alphabet soup abc/xyz plans (lol), etc.

Do I negotiate? What can I negotiate?
Do I need something in writing?
Am I going to get screwed down the line?

My local dealer did not leave me with a very good impression. I couldn’t help but feel like he was trying to get the most of the situation by keeping me in the dark, using scare tactics, etc.

Lucky for me B6G and all you awesome people were here. You guys kept me informed.

Then I found Tom at Chapman and he has been so damn helpful, responsive, and transparent.
Glad you got locked in with Tom at Chapman, a number of us try to help newbie's for the very reason's you cited. That is why I freely share my pricing spreadsheets so buyers can be informed about Bronco pricing to be better equiped in the buying process.

Official 2021 Bronco INVOICE Price / MSRP Price List [Jan 19]

2021 Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Invoice and Below Invoice)

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And the Caps/Flyers game already has 6 goals!!

lock in at the 3% under and we will get a uship.com quote when it arrives...I just shipped last month from Alabama to me for $800, so Florida shouldn’t be that much more
Hell, give me $600 and I'll drive it down for @Southern Girl and then continue on to Key West, spend a week on vacation and fly back.
(y)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I honestly don't know why ANY of you are still arguing over this shit?!?!

Its a beautiful snowy day outside.. Depending on where you are. It's Superbowl Sunday, perfect for hanging out with friends or family and have a good time.

Maybe it's time to let it all go, and get things back on track here...
Seriously.
It's not wonderful for Jets fans, we're not allowed to have people in the same room as us either. C'mon man, this is 1984!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not wonderful for Jets fans, we're not allowed to have people in the same room as us either. C'mon man, this is 1984!
Dude, you live in Masta2shits don't you? How the hell are you a Jets fan? Shit, I do t even think I can talk to you anymore 😂

At least I'm a Steelers fan and Penguins fan... So yeah I hate all things Philthadelphian 😁

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Dang, that looks cold. Was -15 earlier but has warmed up to a balmy -2. That’s still warmer than some of the posts in this thread!
:cool:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The flyers can lose every game for the rest of the season and I would still be happy since they swept the penguins in back to back games and I think the goal difference was 11 to 5 [Maybe 6]
:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, you live in Masta2shits don't you? How the hell are you a Jets fan? Shit, I do t even think I can talk to you anymore 😂

At least I'm a Steelers fan and Penguins fan... So yeah I hate all things Philthadelphian 😁
I'm not a Jets fan. Just a forlorn Pat's fan that wants Gronk to lose very badly.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang, that looks cold. Was -15 earlier but has warmed up to a balmy -2. That’s still warmer than some of the posts in this thread!
:cool:
You live in Coldville. No.thank.you. I believe my thoughts would freeze in that.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Philadelphia, we've got a lot down here. We've got a lot of........,..... Culture."

Wish I could remember the commercials' product though. Mid 1990s maybe?
Sponsored