Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll go wherever I want...he offers great deals and sales service. How exactly would you handle Raptor sales with very limited allocations? You wouldn't sell to those whould pay the most? You don't like the deal, don't take it. It was fully transparent. How exactly is offering a deal that is optional, "robbing" you? Go somehwere else where you can beat the deal if you can.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What was the bronco raptor deal? I don't know why people would be mad about it...if you don't want the deal don't take it.

I look forward to buying my bronco from @DealerInsider and a maverick in 2022 or so as well.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was the bronco raptor deal? I don't know why people would be mad about it...if you don't want the deal don't take it.

I look forward to buying my bronco from @DealerInsider and a maverick in 2022 or so as well.
Yeah, I saw he offered a smoking deal on Maverick too...I think he took 400 orders and then closed it. He's killing it with his deals.....

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I saw he offered a smoking deal on Maverick too...I think he took 400 orders and then closed it. He's killing it with his deals.....
yup, I think he was the cheapest nationwide at 4% under invoice on an already cheap truck

pretty sure everyone buying those could turn around and sell them immediately for a profit

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Theyre blatantly trying to rob people on the Raptor price, get the fuck outta here with that BS.
Go try buying any nice car right now on the lot at under msrp. It’s way tougher than it used to be. It’s a miracle that Tom is even offering a bronco raptor at msrp. There’s people buying base Broncos for over msrp.

Some people will never be happy lol

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah unfortunately I'm not ready, my wife's car is still kicking and we're in no rush. I will wait until things are back to "normal" and we can just buy one off the lot. Maybe that's 2022 or 2023.

Edit we find 3-4 car dealerships on here willing to communicate and not screw people over and people have to go and ruin it. Fuck outta here.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So he’s willing to sell Raptors at MSRP and people are mad about it? I mean TBH why would you buy a V6 raptor when you could order a TRX from him at $7500 off MSRP.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford was delivering Broncos consistently the last 6-8 months and things were peachy with orders being filled, I'd bet the Raptor post by Tom would've been received different than it was.

Ford and their cat/mouse games have caused some much of the angst and even anger on the forum. People in general have become increasingly aggressive with their opinions over the last 18 months, which I find appalling since I thought it was terrible pre-Covid.

Just another opinion... they're like ________, everyone has one and they all stink. LOL

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So he’s willing to sell Raptors at MSRP and people are mad about it? I mean TBH why would you buy a V6 raptor when you could order a TRX from him at $7500 off MSRP.
Kinda. He posted a thread that broke down potential Raptor pricing starting at MSRP and increasing in 5k increments (plus a make-an-offer option) with instructions to contact him with which category you wished to be considered for. And since this is 6g, people went ballistic and the thread was locked and deleted.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kinda. He posted a thread that broke down potential Raptor pricing starting at MSRP and increasing in 5k increments (plus a make-an-offer option) with instructions to contact him with which category you wished to be considered for. And since this is 6g, people went ballistic and the thread was locked and deleted.
He was doing us a favor!
Normally their available Raptors would have gone to other dealerships at a markup.... and then those dealers would add another markup.
He gave us a chance, and the big-mouthed a-holes on the board blew it for all of us.

Tom, it's been great having you on the board, hope you stick around. You are truly appreciated by many.

Sponsored

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I second the opinion that those who cursed and degraded Tom and his offer should be banned. He is transparent, upfront, communicative, and reasonable. Exactly what some of us are sorely missing from our local dealers.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. @DealerInsider has been a good contributor here. He had a standing offer on Broncos for months to compete with Granger and Stephens. I think we all need to take a step back and realize the Bronco Raptor is more like F150 Raptor (limited in nature and production) than the regular Bronco. At least that's my take on what the Bronco Raptor will be. It isn't attainable for the masses, like the regular Bronco might be. When all the supply chain chaos is over... Bronco Raptor will have the disclaimer that it isn't available under any financing or discount type deals.

Options were given in his post for those interested in the Raptor. Just like F150 Raptors, people will pay over MSRP for them. I'm not one of them, but I also am not one to pay that type of coin for a vehicle either.

Good luck to those of you in search of the Bronco Raptor.
I wonder why people don’t understand that?

this is true for many auto brands with limited availability /higher end / special models

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang I wish I had seen that thread! Mostly out of curiosity for his deal

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone who took delivery through Chapman added Ford accessories at pick-up? What was the process, pricing etc?
Funny you should ask - UPS just delivered some stuff I ordered from them. They were holding until I got the Bronco, but with the delays it ended up being easier to just ship them to me than deal with it then.

My accessories were 10% off list. (and I simply emailed them the part numbers and descriptions of what I wanted).

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dang I wish I had seen that thread! Mostly out of curiosity for his deal
It basically said "instead of selling our allocations to 3rd parties, we're going to let our customers make offers in one of several categories, and then we'll start at the highest group first." The categories were something like: MSRP, 5k over, 10k over, 15k over, 20k over, and then an open-ended option. In my humble opinion, a blind auction, which any dealership is entitled to do. But a stark contrast to how some dealers handled regular Bronco orders.
Sponsored