Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s a EPA no no (not that a lot of us care) but will also void your warranty through ford
Yep, I have no cares about the EPA, nor the warranty. I suppose I could whip up a test pipe if I really wanted to.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Injen Technology
First Name
Injen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
injen.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will the intake box fit if I have a dual compressor sitting behind the factory box location
So after some inspection of pictures of the different mounting options for the dual compressor, it looks like it will not work with our intake system. There is a portion of our intake that protrudes into the fender for the optional snorkel that we have in development. It looks like that portion will interfere with the available mounting brackets for the compressor.

Destination Bigfoot Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Limited, 2022 Bronco OBX Cyber Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So after some inspection of pictures of the different mounting options for the dual compressor, it looks like it will not work with our intake system. There is a portion of our intake that protrudes into the fender for the optional snorkel that we have in development. It looks like that portion will interfere with the available mounting brackets for the compressor.
Yeah that was the piece I was worried about. It looked like it would interfere. Damn I was so looking forward to running another one of your intakes.

Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any way to make a version that doesn't have that optional portion? There are other vendors that would be next on my list but also don't fit with the dual compressor... running out of options : )

OP
OP
Injen Technology
First Name
Injen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
injen.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any way to make a version that doesn't have that optional portion? There are other vendors that would be next on my list but also don't fit with the dual compressor... running out of options : )
I'm sure that if there is enough interest and especially orders, we can look into it. ;)

InjenJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 Diesel, 2021 Bronco, 1977 Porsche Targa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordering tomorrow! Will get back to this group with my impressions both stock and jb4 #2 tune on 91
That is awesome to hear and we're looking forward to the review. Any questions at all, please free free to reach out to me or Randy. We're here to help!

InjenJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the intake box fit if I have a dual compressor sitting behind the factory box location
The problem we face is the amount of brackets currently on the market for the Bronco. Without fitting every bracket with our intake system, it's very difficult to say one will fit and one will not without fitting them all with our system. That said, our kit is very form-fitting to enhance the looks of the installed kit. By designing the kit in that manner, we've left a minimal amount of room in the area needed for that dual compressor bracket. While there are brackets that probably fit, we just aren't sure at this time which ones will and will not.

We're unable to remove that section of the air box here, but that is a decent option for the installer. It's impossible for us to know which bracket is being used and where to cut. It'd be far easier for us to just design a new bracket for the dual compressor setup that fits with our system.

Our intake kit is manufactured from XLPE cross-linked plastic and the installer can easil trim to fit aftermarket items around it or even bolt items to the box itself. Please remember that you might end up with a hole in the box if you trim too much, but the hole will be before the air filter, so all incoming air will continue to be filtered entering the engine. In other words, it wouldn't hurt anything other than possible aesthetics.

If all else fails and the demand is there, we might end-up designing and offering a dual compressor bracket that fits specifically with our intake. We're a ways off from that, but the option is there in the future.

Last edited:

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem we face is the amount of brackets currently on the market for the Bronco. Without fitting every bracket with our intake system, it's very difficult to say one will fit and one will not without fitting them all with our system. That said, our kit is very form-fitting to enhance the looks of the installed kit. By designing the kit in that manner, we've left a minimal amount of room in the area needed for that dual compressor bracket. While there are brackets that probably fit, we just aren't sure at this time which ones will and will not.

We're unable to remove that section of the air box here, but that is a decent option for the installer. It's impossible for us to know which bracket is being used and where to cut. It'd be far easier for us to just design a new bracket for the dual compressor setup that fits with our system.

Our intake kit is manufactured from XLPE cross-linked plastic and the installer can easil trim to fit aftermarket items around it or even bolt items to the box itself. Please remember that you might end up with a hole in the box if you trim too much, but the hole will be before the air filter, so all incoming air will continue to be filtered entering the engine. In other words, it wouldn't hurt anything other than possible aesthetics.

If all else fails and the demand is there, we might end-up designing and offering a dual compressor bracket that fits specifically with our intake. We're a ways off from that, but the option is there in the future.
Any interest in having some guinea pigs in exchange for waived restocking fees if it doesn't work? I have the KR bracket with the dual compressor.

Sponsored

InjenJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any interest in having some guinea pigs in exchange for waived restocking fees if it doesn't work? I have the KR bracket with the dual compressor.
Not entirely against it, but we're not to that point yet. Instead of shipping a bunch of kits and doing returns for installed parts, it'd be far easier for us to do the R&D here.

It's not out of the question, but not at this time.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bit -am now 'inline' ...Just ordered your new intake. Likely interested in your future snorkel in development too.
And with a little B6G discount encouragement, there is likely more of your gear... required!?

LazygonInfinity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D 2.7L Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates that you can provide on the eta for the 2.7 intake, charge pipes, and intercooler? The website still says that these parts were expected in January.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you have any pics of the CAI, looking from straight above the airbox with the Bronco computer module next to it? That will give us a better idea of fitment with some of the air compressor brackets on the market.
Sponsored