Well I did it. 99'd my 7/13 reservation

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
I see you live in Florida. For many of us winter delivery can also mean really crappy weather that just sucks to be outside in let alone enjoy a new vehicle. But it would be great testing the goat modes to find what would work best in a blizzard.
I want to test the trail turn in the snow

Advertisement

Reactions: BD1

MtnRanger

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I 99’ed in early March because I wanted a basemansquatch as a toy but I’m thinking of reverse 99ing and going with a manual badlands lux as a daily because yolo. Still can’t fully decide

kje22kje

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
I have a silly question...
I’m seeing a lot of peeps not wanting a “winter delivery”, why is that?
I get you can’t have the “open air experience”, but you can still use it on trails? Also you’d have a very low mileage vehicle and a first release. I’m confused what the downside are?
Yes i get the possibility of added features and upgrades for future years, but not really into all that. I was never “iffy” on any of my build choice selection.
Grangetober reservation here so I didn't think I would get one till late in the year at best. Missouri is a property tax state so if my Bronco shows up before the Jan 1 tax statement date I'd owe more property taxes on it than if I just owned my 4Runner. So a December delivery would cost me more.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Apache, 19 Z71 Silverado, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I did it today as well. Never, ever thought I would. Not going to get it by crunch time, potentially a cool green available...I emailed the dealer and told them to defer me to a ‘22. Paid cash for this at a price where I can sell it for no loss to enjoy and get some smiles in until delivery day.
As long as I don’t KO it on some rocks.

Edit: Day 1, AM reserve. Those of you who benefit, glad to help. Hope it does help, and can't wait to see some of ya'll on the trails and byways.

620CF177-E9B3-4D3C-87EF-FD5801EE7FC2.jpeg

Last edited:

AZshot

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Clubs

I'd prefer a winter delivery in Arizona. Summer is where you put the camping gear away and hole up, waiting until the heat is below the surface temperature of Venus.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Apache, 19 Z71 Silverado, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Didn’t care for the painted-with-a brush flat Grey...
So I painted it within 24 hours of purchase!!😂

27E093A9-BD43-4159-B63E-5512CE3CF159.jpeg

BroncoMoreno

Outer Banks
First Name
Gil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
With a early Day 2 reservation I seen this coming in March. I thought, might as well wait for the body color modular top in 2022.
Is it allowed for someone to trade their reservation or transfer it to someone else?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2011 Explorer
Vehicle Showcase
Is it allowed for someone to trade their reservation or transfer it to someone else?
Only to another member of your household, from what I hear.

Gabeguy

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJCruiser, 18 Jeep JL Rubicon 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
After all the delays and uncertainty, I figured I'd just wait until the '22s and be one of the first in line. The biggest concern is that by the end of May, Ford actually comes out with everyone's VIN and expected build date for '21. Then you are stuck with the timing and can't 99 it until next year. I originally was thinking I'd be driving mine this summer but as a 2dr Badlands manual Lux Tow, I probably won't see if for awhile. And if in a week I get a build date of say Nov 15th, I'd be pissed to be taking delivery in the winter with the '22's about to be built. Looking forward to not overthinking it in the short term and hopefully someone gets a '21 now that wouldn't have.
I didn't see your post till I got back from my dealer this morning where I had just done exactly the same thing on my July 13 order for exactly the same reasons!!! :rolleyes:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Has the body color mod top been officially confirmed?
Its been official confirmed since the early days. Just a matter of when they are going to make it. If they can barely get MIC tops going by the end of this year I bet Black MODs and maybe White MODs will be the only ones availble early next year.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Sorry that ya left, but helps push the rest of us 7/13's up the line.

Cya in '22
Or more post-13’s which is the way things are going…..

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts

Advertisement