Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well if I lived in FL, I definitely wouldn't care. Come November in the northeast, its cold and grey for 5 months. Just not fun to have it sit outside in the cold and not be able to take the top off.
Not to mention all the salt, brine and cinders on the road.
Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was a later reservation holder but did the same thing. I want my Bronco the way I want it and just don't have any confidence in their ability to produce with quality in their current state. I think once all these production issues are ironed out, they will get back on track and the 22's won't seem so rushed. Ford just looks a little bit disorganized right now.

And now we have the Lighting which I suspect will take the spotlight and start consuming resources that would have otherwise been allocated for Bronco production. They are also going to be under enormous political pressure to get these EV cars rolled out. I hope the Bronco doesn't just become a distraction for Ford.

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would hold off until you get your email with the estimate. You're locked in with a 2021 price. If you cancel, you're going to have to pay 2022 prices. At the rate the current vehicle market is going the 22's could cost thousands more. If you are buying a new car, now is the time to buy.
I talked with my dealer and the estimate may come with a VIN in which you can't change it to a '22. if you 99 you're '21 order, you get price lock for '22.

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only flaw that I see in your logic is the assumption that body color modular hard tops will actually be available immediately on early '22 builds.

The way things are going, I would surmise that you probably won't be able to get a body color match hard top until sometime later in the model year. So, you may still be in the same boat where you get a '22, but you still will have to either go with a MIC or Black top if you want it when your number is called.
I actually like the MIC and want it anyway.

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a later reservation holder but did the same thing. I want my Bronco the way I want it and just don't have any confidence in their ability to produce with quality in their current state. I think once all these production issues are ironed out, they will get back on track and the 22's won't seem so rushed. Ford just looks a little bit disorganized right now.

And now we have the Lighting which I suspect will take the spotlight and start consuming resources that would have otherwise been allocated for Bronco production. They are also going to be under enormous political pressure to get these EV cars rolled out. I hope the Bronco doesn't just become a distraction for Ford.
Another thought in the back of my mind. Seems like these '21's are being cobbled together just to get them out the door. I'd rather let the problems be figured out.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Come November in the northeast, its cold and grey for 5 months. Just not fun to have it sit outside in the cold and not be able to take the top off.
But that will happen every year even when you do have your Bronco...🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But that will happen every year even when you do have your Bronco...🤷‍♂️
At least I'll get the first 7 months in the sun rather than cold. It's not my only reason but if you lived up here you may understand it a bit more

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I talked with my dealer and the estimate may come with a VIN in which you can't change it to a '22. if you 99 you're '21 order, you get price lock for '22.
I can't imagine that there is any way that Ford will provide everyone with VIN's in the soon-to-come mass email that will be providing production window estimates (not the same as build week scheduling emails).

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At least I'll get the first 7 months in the sun rather than cold. It's not my only reason but if you lived up here you may understand it a bit more
I live in Nebraska, so I get to deal with all the fun of winter. I will be happy to take delivery in winter, fall, spring or summer. I am just ready period.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the crowd. There's room enough in the boat for everyone. I understand what you mean about receiving your Bronco in the winter. I'm a 10/04/20 res, and picking mine up at Granger in Iowa. I'm hoping mine doesn't show up in the winter of '22. :)

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After all the delays and uncertainty, I figured I'd just wait until the '22s and be one of the first in line. The biggest concern is that by the end of May, Ford actually comes out with everyone's VIN and expected build date for '21. Then you are stuck with the timing and can't 99 it until next year. I originally was thinking I'd be driving mine this summer but as a 2dr Badlands manual Lux Tow, I probably won't see if for awhile. And if in a week I get a build date of say Nov 15th, I'd be pissed to be taking delivery in the winter with the '22's about to be built. Looking forward to not overthinking it in the short term and hopefully someone gets a '21 now that wouldn't have.
That's a big risk to take. I hope it all works out the way you are thinking it will.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can't imagine that there is any way that Ford will provide everyone with VIN's in the soon-to-come mass email that will be providing production window estimates (not the same as build week scheduling emails).
I agree Otis. IIRC Ford was to let us know this month when we all can expect our Bronco's to be built. I don't even see that happening now.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a silly question...
I’m seeing a lot of peeps not wanting a “winter delivery”, why is that?
I get you can’t have the “open air experience”, but you can still use it on trails? Also you’d have a very low mileage vehicle and a first release. I’m confused what the downside are?
Yes i get the possibility of added features and upgrades for future years, but not really into all that. I was never “iffy” on any of my build choice selection.
A lot of people live in places where winter means "stay inside and just stay warm", vs people like me, in arizona where winter just means it's super super nice out.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking the priority orders, VIP BS ect is a '21 mainly thing.
Why wouldn't Ford relinquish priority scheduling control back to dealerships in 2022? So it may be up to your dealer to honor timestamps or prioritize later orders. Timestamps would technically still be a "key" factor. Where "key" means the least important factor (same as 2021).
Sponsored