Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With a early Day 2 reservation I seen this coming in March. I thought, might as well wait for the body color modular top in 2022.
Is that confirmed......Body Color Modular Top? I ordered black, but will change if possible.
Sponsored

armymp71

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi q3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am sticking with my 2021 order, I have to have something to trade in on the warthog.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well if I lived in FL, I definitely wouldn't care. Come November in the northeast, its cold and grey for 5 months. Just not fun to have it sit outside in the cold and not be able to take the top off.
Wont that be every winter for you though? Not criticizing, but seems weird too me also. Then again, I live in NW, where are winters are grey, but not as cold and snowy where I live.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After all the delays and uncertainty, I figured I'd just wait until the '22s and be one of the first in line. The biggest concern is that by the end of May, Ford actually comes out with everyone's VIN and expected build date for '21. Then you are stuck with the timing and can't 99 it until next year. I originally was thinking I'd be driving mine this summer but as a 2dr Badlands manual Lux Tow, I probably won't see if for awhile. And if in a week I get a build date of say Nov 15th, I'd be pissed to be taking delivery in the winter with the '22's about to be built. Looking forward to not overthinking it in the short term and hopefully someone gets a '21 now that wouldn't have.
I '99ed too. I feel relieved somehow ...

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wont be surprised at this point to have Ford “99” my 7/14 reservation for me since I had the audacity to order a trailer hitch
Yeah, how dare anyone order a short square tube attached to a plate with a few holes. This delay makes the least sense.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do yall think when we get the estimated ship date emails we will even be able to change to MY22? might be the right move. What if they lock people in to MY21 with October/Novemeber delivery estimates but no ViN created yet?

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do yall think when we get the estimated ship date emails we will even be able to change to MY22? might be the right move. What if they lock people in to MY21 with October/Novemeber delivery estimates but no ViN created yet?
That is what is unknown but a risk. I'd think Ford would want to know what they have to build and lock down those orders at some point. Otherwise if they let people constantly 99 orders, it seems like it would be a huge moving target as they get closer to the '22 order banks opening up. Just a theory.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One reason I personally 99’d my order as well is I don’t want a model year 21’ vehicle at the end of 2021...I want a MY22. I’m also doing a major 180 on my build decision so there’s that too. It would have shoved me to 22’ anyways. Going from 4 door to 2 door, Lux to Mid and 2.7/10 speed to 2.3/manual. Keeping SAS and Cyber Orange if they still have it in 22’. Got bit by the BadManSquatch bug. I really hope they have a factory soft top option for the 2 doors by then but not holding my breath.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to mention all the salt, brine and cinders on the road.
You should move. I remember that muck when I lived in Idaho. The “dead of winter” here in AZ is around 60 degrees. Totally worth the inferno of summers.

Sponsored

RustyBronc

Base
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After all the delays and uncertainty, I figured I'd just wait until the '22s and be one of the first in line. The biggest concern is that by the end of May, Ford actually comes out with everyone's VIN and expected build date for '21. Then you are stuck with the timing and can't 99 it until next year. I originally was thinking I'd be driving mine this summer but as a 2dr Badlands manual Lux Tow, I probably won't see if for awhile. And if in a week I get a build date of say Nov 15th, I'd be pissed to be taking delivery in the winter with the '22's about to be built. Looking forward to not overthinking it in the short term and hopefully someone gets a '21 now that wouldn't have.
Not all heroes wear capes! Hears hoping I take your spot. Fingers crossed.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At least I'll get the first 7 months in the sun rather than cold. It's not my only reason but if you lived up here you may understand it a bit more
I lived in MI for a few years i get what winter is about. What I’m merely saying is that you can still drive it around during the winter. Even if you choose not to, you can still have fun with it...order your aftermarket parts and do installs...come spring you’re ready to roll! Winter will happen regardless...
Ford Bronco Well I did it. 99'd my 7/13 reservation 1621538694362

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I 99'd mine a while ago because of too much confusion and change in what was available with what. I was #2 of > 60 in line at my dealer, Area 51, Badlands Sasquatch, Lux, MIC, 2.7L, tow. The big payoff would be if there is a green for '22. I'm in rural northern Indiana and I could deal with a winter delivery since they don't use much ice melt on the roads in my area, mostly sand.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that confirmed......Body Color Modular Top? I ordered black, but will change if possible.
From a January 15th email from Ford: (for what it's worth)

YOUR ADVENTURE IS COMING
XXXX, congratulations! Your Bronco™ SUV reservation means you’re one step closer to exploring the great outdoors like never before. And here’s more good news: it’s almost time to order your Bronco. That means your dealer will be reaching out to you soon. Until then, here are a few things to keep in mind while you await your future treks to the wilderness:
  • Build & Price – Make sure to check out our Build & Price tool to customize the Bronco of your dreams. Once you’re finished, be sure to print or save the page to show your dealer when you order.

• Dealer Consultation and Ordering – Your dealer will be reaching out soon to talk through your build details and help you place your order. Online ordering is not available for Bronco.

• Estimated Delivery Window – Customer deliveries will begin in summer 2021 and will continue into the 2022 calendar year. After ordering your Bronco, you will hear from us in May of 2021 with details about when you can expect to receive your Bronco. As a reminder, the timing for your delivery will vary based on reservation timestamp, vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

• Bronco Order Updates – You will receive regular email updates on your order status.

• Order Tips – Due to overwhelming demand, we expect that certain configurations may lead to extended wait times. These include:
  • Two‑Door
  • Wildtrak™ Series
  • 2.7L Engine
  • Sasquatch™ Package
  • Lux Equipment Group
  • Leather‑Trimmed Interior
Additionally, some vehicle options that are slated for late availability will delay the build and delivery of your order.* These include:​
  • Black Modular Painted Hard Top – Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

• Dual Top (vehicle ships with both a hard top and a soft top) – Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

• All-Black Interior Seating Option on First Edition – Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

• Roof Rack With Four-Door Sasquatch Package – Available in 2022 model year.

• Manual Transmission With Sasquatch Package – Available in 2022 model year.

• Body Color and White Painted Modular Hard Top – Available in 2022 model year.
If you have any questions, please contact your Ford Dealer. You can also contact Ford Motor Company’s Marketing Program Headquarters at 800‑334‑4375 or view our FAQs here.​

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the dealership give us a chance to change options on our 99 reservation? Or we are stuck with what we originally ordered?
Sponsored