Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a silly question...
I’m seeing a lot of peeps not wanting a “winter delivery”, why is that?
I get you can’t have the “open air experience”, but you can still use it on trails? Also you’d have a very low mileage vehicle and a first release. I’m confused what the downside are?
Yes i get the possibility of added features and upgrades for future years, but not really into all that. I was never “iffy” on any of my build choice selection.
I don't want one because I'm driving back from WV to FL. Winter driving is not fun when you are a Floridian.
Sponsored

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,mustang gt conv, e250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A lot of people live in places where winter means "stay inside and just stay warm", vs people like me, in arizona where winter just means it's super super nice out.
Vegas is bettter in the winter,still want it this summer 8/8/20 res date

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You better not butt in front of me in MY 22..... lol. IMO, you made the right call. I was worried I would get mine in Nov or Dec, and three weeks later there would be colors ,options, or free pineapples with every Bronco for MY 22. Fortunately, my time stamp automatically placed me in MY 22, so I didn’t have to make your decision.

A55_CACTUS

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fv cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whats 99ing it? Sounds dirtys

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

A55_CACTUS

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fv cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you can do that with an automoibles?

Gulley13

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 1996 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All I’m seeing is impatience. I’ve been waiting since 1996 for this thing to come out. Ford will figure out the logistics once this pandemic is under control. I don’t see a need to 99 the order (your decision and I respect it) but driving in winter is fun. Lived in Alaska for 3 years and I loved driving in the winter because it was 9 months out of the year. Delays happen this pandemic hasn’t just affected the motor company it’s affected everyone.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I guess even though you've 99'd your order to 2022, you may still end up in front of me (assuming constraints, etc. being equal). That doesn't seem fair!... like much with this process.
The question that is still out there is do MY21s that carry over get done before they start with the folks who wanted a MY22.
They almost have to tell us this summer who is going to get a 21 and who will push. That way they can reset and reorder things in September.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At least I'll get the first 7 months in the sun rather than cold. It's not my only reason but if you lived up here you may understand it a bit more
Idk, I live in Massachusetts and don't have a garage so mine will be sitting in the snow anyway. I totally don't understand your reasoning but thank you for taking yourself out of the 2021 order requests.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question that is still out there is do MY21s that carry over get done before they start with the folks who wanted a MY22.
They almost have to tell us this summer who is going to get a 21 and who will push. That way they can reset and reorder things in September.
From my reading here; there are two conflicting statements (one saying they will do the overflow 21's first, the other being all timestamp order) and a generic one that said they were still deciding.

To my mind it depends on when they open the order banks (and if they do it sooner for reservation holders). If they open in September and pull them by mid-December, it seems to me that they would miss the first quarter of production scheduling, thus leaving three months of production to try finishing up the '21 orders. At a guess, Ford will take the 99 coded orders and lock them until September while allowing the unfinished 2021 orders to modify from maybe August to mid-September so that the overflow folks who wanted a 2021 are taken care of before anyone who intentionally chose to wait for a 2022 (at least for the first quarter of production). That would make the most sense to me. so it probably isn't true.

If they allow all reservation holders to order again in late July, then the timestamps would be in play for all 2022 orders. (after more Priority orders, an unknown number of VIP orders, probably dealer stock mixed in as well.) I have exactly zero insider knowledge, but it makes sense to me.

I think we will know in July sometime. Having said that, Ford wants to take care of its real customers, the dealers. That has me leaning towards everyone getting a shot at the entire 2022 production year, but interspersed with dealer stock orders, to get dealers some units on the lot faster. This would seem to follow the pattern of prison yard love (no lube with a sprinkling of sand on it) they have been showing the converted reservation holders to date.

To that end; we are in agreement, it is a huge question and I believe that Ford will do what is best for the dealers and the converted reservation holders will be way down the list of importance to them.

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a silly question...
I’m seeing a lot of peeps not wanting a “winter delivery”, why is that?
I get you can’t have the “open air experience”, but you can still use it on trails? Also you’d have a very low mileage vehicle and a first release. I’m confused what the downside are?
Yes i get the possibility of added features and upgrades for future years, but not really into all that. I was never “iffy” on any of my build choice selection.
I see you live in Florida. For many of us winter delivery can also mean really crappy weather that just sucks to be outside in let alone enjoy a new vehicle. But it would be great testing the goat modes to find what would work best in a blizzard.

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk, I live in Massachusetts and don't have a garage so mine will be sitting in the snow anyway. I totally don't understand your reasoning but thank you for taking yourself out of the 2021 order requests.
This is an extra car for me that is for mostly summer enjoyment. For me to take ownership of a new Bronco in winter and drive it 15 miles home and have it already coated in road crap just to sit outside for 5 months before I can take the top off sounds like a terrible deal. As I said, it's only one of the multitude of reasons I'm delaying but it's a factor for sure.

BmoreCmore

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scatpack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just call all of these bronco’s 22’s we are already almost halfway through 21

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Waiting till 22 myself then I can get the vehicle that I want. Also hopefully all the bolts are tight and kinks are fixed by then. I also the 2022 air for the tires will be cleaner>>>
Sponsored