First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If 10-15k is the difference between being able to afford or not afford, make sure you have a plan B if something changes. Life is far from predictable.
Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lucky me, mine was more of "get what you want"
Mine was get what you want, with the addition of "just quit talking about it, and I don't care what color it is." To be fair she puts up with a lot, we once test drove something on the way home from taking delivery of a new car.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe not totally worthless, but in the ballpark.

I bought the ones from Ford that hooked in place of the factory carpet mats.

I hate rain. Miami... I know. So, I have wet footwear when I least expect it and soggy carpet makes your car stink.

On topic:
I hate the title, because I saw it next to another one and got a preconceived notion and fell for the click-bait.
Screenshot_20210215-100023_Chrome.jpg
Well in certain climates, regions, etc... I can definitely see a need for them, depending on how you use the vehicle. But it just seems that everyone thinks they need them these days. I guess WeatherTech did a really good job advertising with those 10 page ads in Car and Driver back in the day.

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was get what you want, with the addition of "just quit talking about it, and I don't care what color it is." To be fair she puts up with a lot, we once test drove something on the way home from taking delivery of a new car.
This is the level of crazy I aspire to hahah. My poor wife has put up with a lot of automotive nonsense over the years.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd definitely ditch the floor liners and block heater, living in Houston.

Why is it that everyone thinks they need these super tough all weather floor liners these days?

Its not like 99% of people are actually using their trucks on the farm, and its snowing and raining all the time and they are stepping in mud and horseshit everyday.

Most of us are just going through a Starbucks drive-thru on the way to the office!

And people are laying these mats on top of their existing carpet mats, only to end up jammed under the brake pedal, causing you to rear-end the car in front of you, a la Toyota debacle!

I mean, just because we are buying a Bronco doesn't make us an actual COWBOY.

Sorry, just a stupid pet-peeve of mine and its JUST MY WORTHLESS OPINION!
All it takes it one messy day to permanently mess up those carpet floors!
It's where the feet go and really ONLY the feet. I'd rather it be a durable material than carpet for looks
My heal has a tendency to wear though the floor. I do wonder how durable the washout floors are.
Same. There's a brown hole (carpet is black) where my heel goes in my car now
If 10-15k is the difference between being able to afford or not afford, make sure you have a plan B if something changes. Life is far from predictable.
Plan B for most is not taking delivery. Most will just lose out on their non refundable deposit

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Opposite camp here.

I wanted her to get something used, she wants a new Bronco. So new Bronco it is...

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I'm not. (Shut up about taxes! We don't need no stinkin taxes!)

I'll probably go for the 2.7 anyways. Marriage is about love and understanding, and kinda not bringing up when you (very rarely) do what you want. Right?
Simple make it a BUSINESS EXPENSE!! Write it off on your taxes!! LOL

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE: Using the super slick segue of us driving to the grocery store in snow in my AWD Subaru, I sold her on the idea of the Advanced 4x4 available on the base on with.... The Sasquatch package! šŸ„¶šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ˜‡šŸ˜€

My wife just laughed harder than she has in a long while. Good job!

Why is it that everyone thinks they need these super tough all weather floor liners these days?
I'm an electrician and we sometimes get real dirty. Sometimes even dig ditches in the mud. Calm down. Everything is okay. šŸ‘šŸ¼

I have the perfect solution
Spend $50,000
It's not $40,000

Problem solved
My wife laughed at that too!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appreciate the suggestion and you are correct. My wife and I made an agreement to start taking our kids to national parks and the like now that we have a bit more time and flexibility. Some of which could be freezing and I'd rather have it for just a hundred bucks. Plus I could hang the plug from my hood and have all the Texans ask me if I have an EV or something lol.

Edit: ha look what is happening right now in Houston. See attached picture. Snow!

Hahaha yup, I was already planning the demise or sale of base wheels and tires lol. Oh no a flat! In the sidewall. Oh no another one!! Omg!

ADE04199-FD0E-4EBE-8086-12C804B01AFC.jpeg
Just a point, really, I've lived in Colorado all my life and never had a block heater. Some of the high mountain valley towns where it consistently gets below zero sure, but generally a waste. And at most National Park campgrounds or nearby hotels there won't be anywhere to plug it in anyway...and you're going to these parks in the middle of the winter?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a point, really, I've lived in Colorado all my life and never had a block heater. Some of the high mountain valley towns where it consistently gets below zero sure, but generally a waste. And at most National Park campgrounds or nearby hotels there won't be anywhere to plug it in anyway...and you're going to these parks in the middle of the winter?
When you put it that way, I feel retarded. Those are fair points. Thank you.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you put it that way, I feel retarded. Those are fair points. Thank you.
Alright... I need to do some research based on these reponses. I thought the engine block heater was incorporated to run on it's own during start up. I didn't realize you needed to plug it in beforehand. I figured the auto-start function would kick it on during the colder months.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm an electrician and we sometimes get real dirty. Sometimes even dig ditches in the mud. Calm down. Everything is okay. šŸ‘šŸ¼
For real. We arenā€™t plumbers, we donā€™t spend all day chatting and playing with pex. Thereā€™s nothing quite like your boss telling you that you have 2 hours to quickly go run 80ā€™ of 4ā€ PVC in a 3ā€™ deep ditch thatā€™s full of mud, itā€™s currently snowing and itā€™s 0 degrees outside. Oh and it has 6 different offsets you have to heat up and do also.

This is why I do service now. šŸ¤£ Iā€™m too wimpy for that for a life time. šŸ˜†

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer will put about $41 of fuel into your truck so you can actually drive off. They charge you for it separately, it is not included in the invoice pricing.
Was glad to see my invoice showed .00 for fuel charge.
Sponsored