First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer will put about $41 of fuel into your truck so you can actually drive off. They charge you for it separately, it is not included in the invoice pricing.
Oh, in Texas the fuel was just complimentary. Though I'm buying it in Iowa.

But will you be able to take your family out to eat afterwards is the important questions. May i recommend.

1613391791816.png
Smooth segue!
Maybe she's just as excited as you are and thinks $40K is too low. Mama wants that Lux BadSquatch!
Haha I like your positivity but unfortunately that's not the case.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why are you getting the block heater? I believe you are in Houston, no? Does your work take you up north or are you planning on moving? If you are living/driving in Houston, you don't need the engine block heater. Small cash savings, but your Bronco won't need it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What she doesn't know is you'll spend $39K now, and thousands more one mod at a time every time something breaks or wears out later. ;)

Great base build!

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why are you getting the block heater? I believe you are in Houston, no? Does your work take you up north or are you planning on moving? If you are living/driving in Houston, you don't need the engine block heater. Small cash savings, but your Bronco won't need it.
I appreciate the suggestion and you are correct. My wife and I made an agreement to start taking our kids to national parks and the like now that we have a bit more time and flexibility. Some of which could be freezing and I'd rather have it for just a hundred bucks. Plus I could hang the plug from my hood and have all the Texans ask me if I have an EV or something lol.

Edit: ha look what is happening right now in Houston. See attached picture. Snow!
What she doesn't know is you'll spend $39K now, and thousands more one mod at a time every time something breaks or wears out later. ;)

Great base build!
Hahaha yup, I was already planning the demise or sale of base wheels and tires lol. Oh no a flat! In the sidewall. Oh no another one!! Omg!

ADE04199-FD0E-4EBE-8086-12C804B01AFC.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve changed my build so many times that my wife doesn’t want to hear about it anymore. She doesn’t know what we’re getting - could be anything from base to wildtrak

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can always wait on the floor liners, keypad and PPF if you need more margin or if you decide you need something else that needs to come from the factory.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd definitely ditch the floor liners and block heater, living in Houston.

Why is it that everyone thinks they need these super tough all weather floor liners these days?

Its not like 99% of people are actually using their trucks on the farm, and its snowing and raining all the time and they are stepping in mud and horseshit everyday.

Most of us are just going through a Starbucks drive-thru on the way to the office!

And people are laying these mats on top of their existing carpet mats, only to end up jammed under the brake pedal, causing you to rear-end the car in front of you, a la Toyota debacle!

I mean, just because we are buying a Bronco doesn't make us an actual COWBOY.

Sorry, just a stupid pet-peeve of mine and its JUST MY WORTHLESS OPINION!

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

According to a bunch of posts on this forum.
I am a 1%er.
WooooHooo

Power to the Non Posers!!!!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Why is it that everyone thinks they need these super tough all weather floor liners these days?

Its not like 99% of people are actually using their trucks on the farm, and its snowing and raining all the time and they are stepping in mud and horseshit everyday.

Most of us are just going through a Starbucks drive-thru on the way to the office!

And people are laying these mats on top of their existing carpet mats, only to end up jammed under the brake pedal, causing you to rear-end the car in front of you, a la Toyota debacle!

I mean, just because we are buying a Bronco doesn't make us an actual COWBOY.

Sorry, just a stupid pet-peeve of mine and its JUST MY WORTHLESS OPINION!
Maybe not totally worthless, but in the ballpark.

I bought the ones from Ford that hooked in place of the factory carpet mats.

I hate rain. Miami... I know. So, I have wet footwear when I least expect it and soggy carpet makes your car stink.

On topic:
I hate the title, because I saw it next to another one and got a preconceived notion and fell for the click-bait.
Ford Bronco "Well I just don't really want us spending $40k on it..." Screenshot_20210215-100023_Chrome

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only thing my wife says now is “get what you want”. She’s over it. Settled on Base Sasquatch 2.7 because of the value there and I’ll dump the $10-$15k saved on upgrading the family car that she’ll be driving and we’ll be in more often.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My heal has a tendency to wear though the floor. I do wonder how durable the washout floors are.
Sponsored