rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Carfiguy,
Recommend, to the extent possible, abandon the thought that this is _your_ new car and drop any emotional pain or attachment an see what analysis can be done for the business case where the vendor has failed to deliver a suitable product.

What is your desired end point? What are the potential paths to follow to get there?

To the extent that the dealer has some responsibility/fault in this poor outcome it might be possible to negotiate having them help you get to your goal. You could ask for a guaranteed price (in writing) on the next order if you refuse this one (and they sell it with ADM etc.) with a bargaining chip that otherwise you can bring in the lawyers, complaints to Ford, social media, and all your friends here on the forum.

Disclaimer - not awake yet and I'm not a lawyer. Really, really hate to see this type of thing happen to you, to anyone... ..
rak2
Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m alittle confused on how this would even happen. At time of order you would have got email listing the order and what it was. Also during the amount of time from order till vin this would mean you never checked on your order online?
If it’s been your dream and money was put down you would think at some point you would check. This is also why I think it should have been $1,000 or more down so that issues like this didn’t happen. Seems like with only $100 on the line people didn’t care as much. Ok rant over

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You bought a car you didn't order?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_4083.JPEG

Well my Big Bend Bronco order arrived today but still not sure what to do with it. The dealer converted my reservation to an order and due to some mis-communication, ordered it without any options meaning it came in with the manual transmission. Even though I tried to get it changed for weeks before it was built, once the VIN was assigned I was out of luck apparently. So now take the manual or let it go and probably my dreams of having a bronco sometime before 2023......
You're sales guy is a f*cking moron, clearly..
How many other orders did he mess up?

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMG_4083.JPEG

Well my Big Bend Bronco order arrived today but still not sure what to do with it. The dealer converted my reservation to an order and due to some mis-communication, ordered it without any options meaning it came in with the manual transmission. Even though I tried to get it changed for weeks before it was built, once the VIN was assigned I was out of luck apparently. So now take the manual or let it go and probably my dreams of having a bronco sometime before 2023......
I would be pissed. No way to gloss over the way they treated your order. Sorry but at least you could probably flip it for a decent profit.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I'm trying to understand, and I mean this sincerely:

Why did you take ownership of a vehicle you didn't order?

DCC82

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG_4083.JPEG

Those actually look like stock BB Tires and Wheels.....actually looks pretty good.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

IMG_4083.JPEG

Please explain why you spent your money taking delivery of a model you did not order or want?

Was your deposit non-refundable?

Regardless, if ever there was a reason to walk away from a deal, this is it, even if you had to forfeit your deposit.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sell it for a profit if you aren’t happy with it after driving it for a month.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People with Broncos problems.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd probably still have taken delivery like OP did, see if I want to enjoy it as-is until I can get the correct one OR just flip it for mucho dinero

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your dealer is apologetic and otherwise decent to work with, I'd let them sell this for a markup. Then, in exchange, you get right of first refusal for any Bronco not purchased by the reservation holder (at a price that makes them cry). Maybe a nicely appointed Big Bend is available in a month after someone backs out, and you're made whole.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sell that thing and make some money. Then buy what you actually want!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK - no excuses for the dealer - this is a big deal for Ford. The dealer/salesman's only job is to put in an order. You don;t think they know how to do that ? It's 2021. They were just trying o get stock for their store after you refuse it.
I would order the correct model now and get in writing that they will honor an honest trade when it comes in.
Sponsored