First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It started with a trip to the local Home Depot with the misses and we made it about 2 miles before.... A 16yo made an unprotected left across traffic and zeroed in on my baby 😭
Ford Bronco Well that didn't got as planned... hit on the way to Home Depot PXL_20220910_014120279

Ford Bronco Well that didn't got as planned... hit on the way to Home Depot PXL_20220910_014043239
Ford Bronco Well that didn't got as planned... hit on the way to Home Depot PXL_20220910_014138724

The Rockslide steps took it like a champ and probably prevented more body damage. Hard to see but bumper is pulled back and rim is shredded.

Yes, I realize this is really minor in the grand scheme of things. But it was turning one year old next week on the blend date 9/16.

PXL_20220910_014120279.jpg

PXL_20220910_014138724.jpg
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof. Hope all it needs is an alignment and some paint. I got rear-ended in June and am still waiting on parts to get my rig back.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks. I would for sure have it looked at deeply. Probably nothing too bad. Just be sure.

OP
OP
BlueOvalBandit

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oof. Hope all it needs is an alignment and some paint. I got rear-ended in June and am still waiting on parts to get my rig back.
That sucks, I'm happy mines at least driveable. After the initial "ahhh #*%$&% moment", I chilled out, accidents happen and it can be repaired.

Then the Dad calls and says don't file insurance claim... "I got a guy...."

The F you do...

Then 20 minutes later I get the mom with a sob story about how her 16 yo daughter just got her license 2 weeks ago and not to file insurance cause "they got a guy...."

Then I put it together: New 16 yo driver, out past curfew (Strike 1), passenger is maybe 12 yo (Strike 2), driver isn't on the insurance card (Strike 3).

I'm mildly annoyed by the inconvenience of having to deal with insurance and a body shop. I'm incredibly pissed at the parents.

Still impressed with the Rockslide Engineering Sliders. Definitely would have taken body damage had they not brushed it off.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks, I'm happy mines at least driveable. After the initial "ahhh #*%$&% moment", I chilled out, accidents happen and it can be repaired.

Then the Dad calls and says don't file insurance claim... "I got a guy...."

The F you do...

Then 20 minutes later I get the mom with a sob story about how her 16 yo daughter just got her license 2 weeks ago and not to file insurance cause "they got a guy...."

Then I put it together: New 16 yo driver, out past curfew (Strike 1), passenger is maybe 12 yo (Strike 2), driver isn't on the insurance card (Strike 3).

I'm mildly annoyed by the inconvenience of having to deal with insurance and a body shop. I'm incredibly pissed at the parents.

Still impressed with the Rockslide Engineering Sliders. Definitely would have taken body damage had they not brushed it off.

Good job not doing the "I got a guy" route. Look out for YOU (as you well know). Bummer about the accident, but she'll be patched up and good as new in no time. Happy you and the wife weren't hurt.

It's easy to look back in hindsight and say the right things, but I know I would have thrown the curse words and been irate right off the bat.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That sucks! Month 6 here waiting on my rear end to be fixed thanks to a drunk idiot.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RSE for the win.
I'm impressed.
Glad the damage was very limited there.
Sponsored