C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2021 North Carolina General Statutes
20-130.1. Use of red or blue lights on vehicles prohibited; exceptions.
(a) It is unlawful for any person to install or activate or operate a red light in or on any vehicle in this State.

You could get pulled over for it. You gotta evaluate whether it's worth the risk. Once you are stopped are there some others issues they might find? No insurance, had a couple of drinks.... Hopefully you see what I'm getting at.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dig it! Always good for something unique and de-badge the BRAND (said in Mr. Regular RCR accent)

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope,not a fan. Looks weird

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This reminds me of the time I popped off all the keys on my wife's keyboard and mixed them all up when I put them back on

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2021 North Carolina General Statutes
20-130.1. Use of red or blue lights on vehicles prohibited; exceptions.
(a) It is unlawful for any person to install or activate or operate a red light in or on any vehicle in this State.

You could get pulled over for it. You gotta evaluate whether it's worth the risk. Once you are stopped are there some others issues they might find? No insurance, had a couple of drinks.... Hopefully you see what I'm getting at.
Well , I've thought about it over the day and night. I spoke to local authorities , they are fine with it. However thats not state authorities. There is the difference. While I still feel its a very small thing because it does not flash , and its fairly dim. I will probably air on the side of caution. So my options are now to find what to do with 135 dollars of LED lights. I have the Oracle Black with amber , and I will install those on the front. I am thinking I might move them to the firewall inside the engine bay and tie a switch to it for lighting at night if I need to work on something. Placement will be key. Needs to be above and facing down but still readable. I do not have to use it at all but would be nice to use somewhere. Maybe inside facing the back area on the bar going across for extra lighting on a switch. That could be nifty at a beach party at night. Might do that. Far as the no insurance , I've had consistent insurance for over 30 years , that's not ever an issue , not one of those people , and as far as the drinks , I learned my lesson 24 years ago with my first and only DUI , been sober ever since , not one of those people either. I see what you are getting at for some people but not this guy.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought I had a spelling problem but I donut.
OBX is Outer Banks, has been for the last 30 to 40 years. NC is the state of North Carolina. You do know that, in this world, a thing exists called acronyms? I find it very funny that people are questioning what it says. Hilarious even............

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This reminds me of the time I popped off all the keys on my wife's keyboard and mixed them all up when I put them back on
If you pop the keys off a keyboard again, just remember, every single keyboard that has existed for the last 40 years has the number and letter keys in exactly the same location. Also google probably has 40 or 50 images of every keyboard ever made in existence for the last 30 years.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you pop the keys off a keyboard again, just remember, every single keyboard that has existed for the last 40 years has the number and letter keys in exactly the same location. Also google probably has 40 or 50 images of every keyboard ever made in existence for the last 30 years.
Unless you put the wrong letters on your grill by accident I think you missed the joke

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the idea. The gap is what gets me. Looks like your bronco got kicked in the mouth and lost a tooth.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I doubt you would ever have any issues with that amount of red facing forward, especially since it is not flashing or bright. If it were, just switch over to yellow or amber for the "X", problem solved.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OBX is Outer Banks, has been for the last 30 to 40 years. NC is the state of North Carolina. You do know that, in this world, a thing exists called acronyms? I find it very funny that people are questioning what it says. Hilarious even............
Don't get your undies in a bunch......It was a JOKE.....you know, something to make light of a situation and have a laugh. I know what OBX & NC stands for, although I do think it will be lost on 90% of the people who see it. But if you like it, that's all that counts, right?
Go for it.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it would look terrific if you could find or make a matching (font) white “X”.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I went to school overnight and learned how to spell. The end result is this.....what I originally was going to do.....
Ford Bronco Well that part is done 20230201_111904
Ford Bronco Well that part is done 20230201_111911
Sponsored