well, that was a horrible idea.....

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and I had to go and change out my antenna for a Stubby. is antenna envy a thing? :p
Just trim the plastic back around the base and it will look like a normal-sized antenna.
Or blame it on the winter time cold...

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think OP gave up too soon. Do what u want. This place isnt always going to offer support.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i'm sorry but i had a Jeep wrangler for 12 years and never once got a duck nor do i even understand why people now are giving fellow jeep owners a duck. this is dumb shit and we should not participate in dumb shit. how about we try just wave to other broncos in oncoming traffic. so what if jeep owners do it, we are bronco owners and we can do it, it is not copying, it is being friendly to a fellow bronco owner. hell if you wanna wave to any and all 4 wheel rigs out there go right ahead, i see harley riders that wave to indian, yamaha, suzuki and honda riders. stop making this weird with the ducks and the sasquatch's and the frogs. i am an adult male and i dont want to have to explain to anybody why i have a bag of toys in the back of my car because people deposit them on my truck. i would prefer you do not touch my truck at all unless you are driving with me. (y) ;)

Sponsored

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Things were just getting froggy!

texas8709

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought Jeep's "thing" was the moral obligation to perpetually scan traffic in all directions, in order to toss a two-fingered salute at any other qualified Jeeps. And the immense anxiety and shame at the thought of snubbing a wave from any of your fellow qualified Jeepers.

edit: and the qualified bit is key here. Just as no Bronco Sport deserves a frog or any other stupid gimmick associated with real Broncos, a Jeep Compass doesn't deserve a wave from any Wrangler.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm sorry but i had a Jeep wrangler for 12 years and never once got a duck nor do i even understand why people now are giving fellow jeep owners a duck. this is dumb shit and we should not participate in dumb shit. how about we try just wave to other broncos in oncoming traffic. so what if jeep owners do it, we are bronco owners and we can do it, it is not copying, it is being friendly to a fellow bronco owner. hell if you wanna wave to any and all 4 wheel rigs out there go right ahead, i see harley riders that wave to indian, yamaha, suzuki and honda riders. stop making this weird with the ducks and the sasquatch's and the frogs. i am an adult male and i dont want to have to explain to anybody why i have a bag of toys in the back of my car because people deposit them on my truck. i would prefer you do not touch my truck at all unless you are driving with me. (y) ;)
Yeah, this whole topic of waving, rubber ducks/horses/frogs/axolotl thing comes up frequently. And if it is anything like Jeep (and no reason to think it won't be) it will never, ever die.
I ride bikes and owned a couple of Jeeps, now a Bronco.

I just wave to whoever, just out of a friendly gesture, out of respect, out of "Hey, stay safe out there" or "hey, nice ride".
I ride a Honda VTX and do the two down-low finger howdy to all. Not reciprocated mainly by high end baggers, Harleys, or BMW riders, but I go on about my day and don't give it a second thought.
I drive a Bronco but still give the "up-high two finger whilst steering" wave to Jeeps. Just to say "Hey, maybe see ya on the trails one day" or "Nice rig, keep the shiny side up.". And honestly get no more or no less waves back than when I drove a Jeep. The ones I get now usually are accompanied by a huge grin or a thumb's up. Seems the Jeep community is less concerned about the Bronco than people seem to want to perpetuate.

It's not a huge deal.
I'm a live-n-let-live guy.

Wave? Sure, I'll wave back. I'll even initiate it with no pressure to return the gesture.

Wanna put a harmless rubber duck on my plastic cowl? Knock yourself out.

I'll collect them, give them to someone who will use them at an offroad meet-up, cruise-in, whatever. You'll find no absence of youngsters who will gladly take them off your hands with a smile.

When I sold my TJ to a cool off-road adventurous grandma, she was thrilled to also get a grocery bag full of rubber ducks to hand out, and she seemed genuinely enthralled with sharing the gifting of them with her special-needs grandson. It made her day, made his day. And all I had to do was put them in a bag and save 'em up.
No paint harmed, no busted glass, no destroyed frame from rubber ducks noted, ever.

joy is so rare these days, in this world. If a bit of patience and play-along makes someone smile and it doesn't harm me or mine, great.

On the flip side I do understand totally the desire for not wanting anyone to touch your expensive stuff. You pay for it, etc. It's just one of those things we all have to draw our own conclusions and comfort level with.

Somehow I think I got way off track being all deep-thought-Niche mode there.

Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, this whole topic of waving, rubber ducks/horses/frogs/axolotl thing comes up frequently. And if it is anything like Jeep (and no reason to think it won't be) it will never, ever die.
I ride bikes and owned a couple of Jeeps, now a Bronco.

I just wave to whoever, just out of a friendly gesture, out of respect, out of "Hey, stay safe out there" or "hey, nice ride".
I ride a Honda VTX and do the two down-low finger howdy to all. Not reciprocated mainly by high end baggers, Harleys, or BMW riders, but I go on about my day and don't give it a second thought.
I drive a Bronco but still give the "up-high two finger whilst steering" wave to Jeeps. Just to say "Hey, maybe see ya on the trails one day" or "Nice rig, keep the shiny side up.". And honestly get no more or no less waves back than when I drove a Jeep. The ones I get now usually are accompanied by a huge grin or a thumb's up. Seems the Jeep community is less concerned about the Bronco than people seem to want to perpetuate.

It's not a huge deal.
I'm a live-n-let-live guy.

Wave? Sure, I'll wave back. I'll even initiate it with no pressure to return the gesture.

Wanna put a harmless rubber duck on my plastic cowl? Knock yourself out.

I'll collect them, give them to someone who will use them at an offroad meet-up, cruise-in, whatever. You'll find no absence of youngsters who will gladly take them off your hands with a smile.

When I sold my TJ to a cool off-road adventurous grandma, she was thrilled to also get a grocery bag full of rubber ducks to hand out, and she seemed genuinely enthralled with sharing the gifting of them with her special-needs grandson. It made her day, made his day. And all I had to do was put them in a bag and save 'em up.
No paint harmed, no busted glass, no destroyed frame from rubber ducks noted, ever.

joy is so rare these days, in this world. If a bit of patience and play-along makes someone smile and it doesn't harm me or mine, great.

On the flip side I do understand totally the desire for not wanting anyone to touch your expensive stuff. You pay for it, etc. It's just one of those things we all have to draw our own conclusions and comfort level with.

Somehow I think I got way off track being all deep-thought-Niche mode there.
no worries, but the duck thing i do not get and let's not try to compete with other stuff other people do. i feel like my wife is getting ready for a girls night out and people are planning silly stuff that rarely happens because you cant plan out life. if somebody leaves a duck on my truck it will more than likely end up in a trash can, not because i dont like fun, but i think it is silly and has no meaning. give me all the waves you want and i will give them back, but i will not carry around a bag of toys to make others feel happy. i would rather the other bronco owner waited for me to get back to my truck and just said hi and nice to meet a fellow owner. or leave a note on my wipers but the toys are silly to me. last thing i want is my daughter to want the toy left on my car from a stranger and playing with it. sorry but the ducks must die. lol

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no worries, but the duck thing i do not get and let's not try to compete with other stuff other people do. i feel like my wife is getting ready for a girls night out and people are planning silly stuff that rarely happens because you cant plan out life. if somebody leaves a duck on my truck it will more than likely end up in a trash can, not because i dont like fun, but i think it is silly and has no meaning. give me all the waves you want and i will give them back, but i will not carry around a bag of toys to make others feel happy. i would rather the other bronco owner waited for me to get back to my truck and just said hi and nice to meet a fellow owner. or leave a note on my wipers but the toys are silly to me. last thing i want is my daughter to want the toy left on my car from a stranger and playing with it. sorry but the ducks must die. lol
I get it..I didn’t explicitly mean all my tirade directed at you, you just kinda gave me the inspiration to type all that up! 😂

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond