First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks, but sounds like you know what's best financially and are making the right call for your situation.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.
Switch to a BaseSquatch and continue with your Bronco dreams.

Ford Bronco Well, This sucks. C83B45A7-B97A-463F-B56E-1E90C548FB25

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been saving $50 a week since 2019, didn't spend a penny of my stimulus checks, sold both motorcycles and the 4runner. Got enough of a DP to keep monthly premium below 500 for 2door sasquatch high package badlands. Just start selling your stuff you don't really need on fb marketplace. You'll get that extra 5k in time

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could pick up a part time job for a short period of time. I know that would take time away from your family for a little while, but think of the memories you will be able to make afterwards. However, the option of a lower trim is probably the most feasible solution. Best wishes.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That really sucks man. I had to walk on my original order due to a similar situation. I loaded the next order with a ton of constraints to give me more time to prepare. The silver lining, I hope, is that time will give Ford a chance to work through some bugs and perhaps add some features. But, I am preparing for them to remove items instead of add due to supply chain shortages.

I really feel for you, and hope things work out. I agree with others that maybe you can drop a trim so that you can still get a Bronco. But, I understand if you would rather hold off to get the Bronco you originally wanted. There is nothing wrong with that.

Everything will work out.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks, hope you are able to work it out without affecting your family.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to hear and you are not alone in your concerns. But like others said, stepping down to a lower trim level really doesn't loose any of the fun aspect of the Bronco. A Black Diamond SAS or a BASE SAS gives you all the fun. The rest of the higher trims are "nice to haves". I've seen plenty of videos of folks having a blast in their non-badlands Broncos and they don't seem to be too concerned they didn't get a sway-bar disconnect. Keep your spirits up and family always comes first.

Sponsored

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The deal I have with my order is whichever interest rate is lower (time of order v time of purchase) will be the one I use. Is this uncommon? What I mean is have you verified that this won't be the case with yours?

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could pick up a part time job for a short period of time. I know that would take time away from your family for a little while, but think of the memories you will be able to make afterwards. However, the option of a lower trim is probably the most feasible solution. Best wishes.
Unfortunately I already work 50hrs a week. So another job isn't really a possibility.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screw the big monthly payments - do it anyway! Put zero down. Keep your down payment in the bank. Buy the Badlands.

Make a couple big-ass monthly payments while you enjoy your Bronco for just a lil bit.

Sell the Badlands. Pocket the profits.

Order a Basesquatch. Have your now-huge down payment ready and get your low monthly payments... and everything you need minus the sta-bar disco.

Basesquatch is the Bronco cheat code.

Win-win-win.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Unfortunately the price to do that almost becomes the price of my Badlands because I'd lose price protection.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been saving $50 a week since 2019, didn't spend a penny of my stimulus checks, sold both motorcycles and the 4runner. Got enough of a DP to keep monthly premium below 500 for 2door sasquatch high package badlands. Just start selling your stuff you don't really need on fb marketplace. You'll get that extra 5k in time
Been trying, just don't have much left to sell.
Sponsored