First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 infiniti qqxx56
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a 4dr Badlands 2.7 sas high package march 2021, reordered October, now looking like it’ll 2023. I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer. I’ve been limping along in my POS beater waiting and it finally gave out. The 3k repair bill is finally more than I’m willing to sink into it. Have to buy something. I have an opportunity to purchase a Big Bend 2.3 4dr sas mid package if the guy doesn’t respond by Saturday. My question is the 2.3 enough power with the sasquatch package? I went and looked at it today but couldn’t drive it bc its not available yet. I’ve only driven the 2.7s. Do i take this opportunity to buy a “lesser” bronco? Will i be satisfied with the 2.3?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ive driven 2.3 SAS, it’s plenty good. It’s not a race car but has plenty of get up and go

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.3 is great. 2.7 is a rocket. wouldn't sweat engine.

can you live with mid? personally, it's what i have and love it but i get people who love the 360 and 12".

mgv is something too although there are great and reasonable priced aftermarket now.

not sure if you care about disconnect. technically can put a manual kit on pretty cheap if you really want..

you can also keep your order and flip the bb or bl if the market is still good. if not just let the dealer have it.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We own both a 2.7 and a 2.3. The 2.3 idles smoother is great off road and you get a touch. More clearance with the 2.3. Yes the 2.7 is faster off the line seems to not have to work as hard in the freeway. My 2.7 gets 2 mpg better than my wife’s. We did we will see as I just had 37” tires installed. I’d have no worries buying a 2.3 at all. The question is are you going to be happy with cloth? Smaller screen and no cams? Me I want what I want but what your looking at will still be a very capable machine in sas trim

OP
OP

brizzyvol

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 infiniti qqxx56
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3 is great. 2.7 is a rocket. wouldn't sweat engine.

can you live with mid? personally, it's what i have and love it but i get people who love the 360 and 12".

mgv is something too although there are great and reasonable priced aftermarket now.

not sure if you care about disconnect. technically can put a manual kit on pretty cheap if you really want..

you can also keep your order and flip the bb or bl if the market is still good. if not just let the dealer have it.
We own both a 2.7 and a 2.3. The 2.3 idles smoother is great off road and you get a touch. More clearance with the 2.3. Yes the 2.7 is faster off the line seems to not have to work as hard in the freeway. My 2.7 gets 2 mpg better than my wife’s. We did we will see as I just had 37” tires installed. I’d have no worries buying a 2.3 at all. The question is are you going to be happy with cloth? Smaller screen and no cams? Me I want what I want but what your looking at will still be a very capable machine in sas trim
i won’t be doing any hardcore off-roading. I’m a novice. Only hitting the easy trails around me. I’m bummed about the cams and the 12 inch screen but when i got in and played around with it, 8in isn’t that bad. First world problems. I mainly do in town driving. The cloth was comfortable and it still has the heated seats. I still have the option for my Badlands when it comes in. I appreciate all the replies. I will gladly take it if still available!

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It will work just fine and you can always add things like a cold air intake and power module for more HP if you’re not happy with it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May want to ask the dealer if they have flexible leases available.

Ford has been known to extend existing leases if the customer is waiting for a vehicle. I'm not sure if they will do new leases for people waiting for an order, but it may be worth it to ask... see what the costs are since a lease is a lower monthly payment than a purchased vehicle.

That said, I suspect the Big Bend will hold its value pretty well for at least the next ~2 years, so if there is any chance that you will keep the Big Bend it probably makes more sense to buy.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a bit of the dice roll on trading it back when your 23 gets in, but even if the market softens a little your gonna be paying a fairly cheap price to rent the BB for the next 6-12 months.

Get it, enjoy it and trade it in on your BL when it gets here.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i won’t be doing any hardcore off-roading. I’m a novice. Only hitting the easy trails around me. I’m bummed about the cams and the 12 inch screen but when i got in and played around with it, 8in isn’t that bad. First world problems. I mainly do in town driving. The cloth was comfortable and it still has the heated seats. I still have the option for my Badlands when it comes in. I appreciate all the replies. I will gladly take it if still available!
Check out my flexin at holly oaks. That’s my wife’s 2.3 non sas OBX tackling everything we tried. At no point even climbing the rock climbing obstacles did we feel under powered. It’s a beast.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My question is the 2.3 enough power with the sasquatch package?
The 2.3 has more than enough power. I've never once wanted a more powerful engine in mine.

Don't listen to those who say you must have the 2.7. The power of the 2.3 is close to that of the 2.7 and the engine isn't quite as heavy.

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a 2.3 BaseSquatch and a 2.7 BadSquatch

2.3 wasn't bad but I could definitely tell a difference. The power difference between the 2.7 and 2.3 is noticiable. Sold the 2.3 a few weeks after I bought it because my Badlands was my original order and was always the one I was gonna keep.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was impatient like most day 1/2 folks have been. i would have waited longer to get what I wanted. I’m terrible at settling.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.3 has more than enough power. I've never once wanted a more powerful engine in mine.

Don't listen to those who say you must have the 2.7. The power of the 2.3 is close to that of the 2.7 and the engine isn't quite as heavy.
No it isn't.

Anyone that says the 2.3L has more than enough power must be driving a Subaru. A 4dr with the 2.3L is a slug at highway speeds, and not much fun at speeds below 55mph. The only reason to buy a 2.3L is to get the manual transmission. If you go with the automatic, get the 2.7L, you won't regret it.
Sponsored