Sponsored

Went and checked out the local off-road park (Prairie City - Sacramento CA)

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be cool if there was a waterfall and some areas for serious axle twisting.

Perhaps something like on Truck Night in America, their waterfall was pretty good
there's a separate obstacle that I didn't get on video, called "the frame twister".. there's a TON of other stuff I didn't get on video, in other areas of the park
Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Luckily, you are only an hour or two away from some great trails. I moved to Tahoe in ‘86 and lived there for 17 years before moving to Reno, and eventually to Oregon.

Desolation wilderness has great trails (besides just that Rubicon one) used to take my lifted ‘72 Blazer to many many great small lakes and camping areas.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cool they build places like this for those areas of the country without natural off road trails. I mean, I assume that's why they are there...
the rubicon is only about 45 minutes from this place. California has lots of trails and state parks like this. One of the reasons we put up with the politics.

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Luckily, you are only an hour or two away from some great trails. I moved to Tahoe in ‘86 and lived there for 17 years before moving to Reno, and eventually to Oregon.

Desolation wilderness has great trails (besides just that Rubicon one) used to take my lifted ‘72 Blazer to many many great small lakes and camping areas.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com
awesome - good info, thanks!!!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That little rock crawling platform looks cool but am I the only one that doesn't have much interest in just driving through a puddle thing? Didn't look like much of a challenge.

Cool park though to have in your area though.
yeah the puddle would get boring. There are lots other fun obstacles there. Also there are some area you can do some higher speed driving. Even get some air. I used to take my 4Runner out there for some fun. During the week it’s empty so you have the place to yourself. It isn’t the pretty place, like some other Off road parks.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nothing too crazy but I wheeled around Fulsom lake in my Quadravan a few years ago.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

neat, never heard of that place, not too far away. Might just have to make the occasional practice run there during the week next year. But yes, I'd avoid the puddles too, not worth the extra washing effort afterwards IMO. I don't like mud.
But looked like some fun obstacles to play on!

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First thing I thought of when the guy jumped out to look at his line on the pyramid, was that Bronco trail cam will be nice...

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is a cool place for newbies. could definitely learn the fundamentals and one place where you can do what is never recommended....wheel alone.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tahoe...
My favorite place on earth...
Actually in South Lake Tahoe right now. Drove up yesterday and stayed the night before heading back to Sac today.

Sunset and shortly after dawn from our hotel, along with the fire pit at our room. Didn't really do much other than hang out and enjoy the scenery.
PXL_20201005_012339700.jpg
PXL_20201005_032107907.jpg
IMG_20201005_073024.jpg

quest mark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator, 2020 Jeep renegade trailha
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you like this place check out La Grange. It's where they hold Stuck Fest every year

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tahoe was great - we saw wild bears walking around, saw a killer sunset on the beach, and had a nice hike around Fallen Leaf Lake
Ford Bronco Went and checked out the local off-road park (Prairie City - Sacramento CA) tempImagefUZJQt
Ford Bronco Went and checked out the local off-road park (Prairie City - Sacramento CA) untitled shoot-030
Ford Bronco Went and checked out the local off-road park (Prairie City - Sacramento CA) untitled shoot-058-Pano
Ford Bronco Went and checked out the local off-road park (Prairie City - Sacramento CA) untitled shoot-401

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife and I are heading up there for a couple nights tomorrow - can't wait! it's only about a 2 hour drive from Sacramento
If you're from Sac it's a lot closer than 2 hours, I go out there from Roseville, about 45 minutes, straight up 50 for you.
Sponsored