First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco order is a 2-door base, Sasquatch, 2.7.

Admittedly, I’m frustrated by the wait. Imagined myself rolling roofless and doorless through the summer/fall. But it’s looking like that won’t happen until probably summer/fall of 2022. So I decided to see what Jeep had to offer.

Eff Jeep. So much more bang for the buck can be had with the Bronco.

Maybe I’ll buy something used and trade it in when the Bronco is ready. Want to have some open air four wheel drive fun. But I don’t consider Jeep to be a viable alternative.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Admittedly, I’m frustrated by the wait. Imagined myself rolling roofless and doorless through the summer/fall. But it’s looking like that won’t happen until probably summer/fall of 2022. So I decided to see what Jeep had to offer.

Maybe I’ll buy something used and trade it in when the Bronco is ready. Want to have some open air four wheel drive fun. But I don’t consider Jeep to be a viable alternative.
Same basic build as me. Yeah Jeep cant touch that. Keep in mind though that you can haggle a descent amount off their msrp when they are looking to move them.

law

Badlands
First Name
Larlar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about buying a Jeep when I lost my truck to a distracted driver. I know too many people with Jeeps. They have the strangest mechinical problems.
Ill just ride my motorcycle if i want the open air experience.
you do you though

OP
OP

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same basic build as me. Yeah Jeep cant touch that. Keep in mind though that you can haggle a descent amount off their msrp when they are looking to move them.
Yeah I’m thinking about circling back when the MY22s come out. We’ll see. But I’m price locked on a basesquatch, 2.7 at about 43k. I have to pay like 50-60k for a Jeep to get what I’d get with the Bronco.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s hilarious - I went by Jeep yesterday as well. I checked out the Wrangler 4xe. I was mostly intrigued by the hybrid piece of it.

I test drove it, asked a bunch of questions, and I didn’t fall in love with it at all. Ya, it has some good features and the hybrid is cool, but it drove like crap (IMO). Way rougher than my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (which is to be expected). I sure hope the Bronco drives smoother, even on 35’s!

I just had to do it though. Test driving it and not falling in love at all, I knew I was still committed to the Bronco. If I didn’t do that, I’d always wonder “what if…”

Sponsored
OP
OP

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting, what did you not like about the Jeep? I am assuming you went and looked at the Wrangler JL, that's what I have until I get a Bronco.
Looked and test drove a sport. Basic, no frills. Thought it was meh. After adding 33s it would cost me what I would pay for a basesquatch for a lot less truck.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I’m thinking about circling back when the MY22s come out. We’ll see. But I’m price locked on a basesquatch, 2.7 at about 43k. I have to pay like 50-60k for a Jeep to get what I’d get with the Bronco.
I got mine through Granger......It might be worth the drive. I'm under 37k for my build. Nothing Jeep has can even come close to touching that!!

When I got my Ranger I test drove a sport....I just couldnt see myself paying that much for a base sport with no power anything. Even at 5k off I still couldnt bring myself to buy it. The base Bronco has power everything, cruise, etc.

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sad thing is now that ford going start filling dealership lots with Broncos people with orders going to wait longer or pay a lot more then MSRP if you get one off the lot .

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, researched wranglers all weekend but thinking I'm going to have to wait it out.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked at em a couple years ago... just not for me I reckon. Cant say how the Bronco drives... but it sure felt smooth at the ride alongs. And well, they’re just damn beautiful

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I rented a Jeep Sahara a couple times this spring when visiting family in Indiana. I didn’t think it was too bad and I thought it handled fine, including on the interstate. I still prefer the Bronco, but if Ford scrapped the whole thing tomorrow, I’d have no issues picking up a Jeep, but would probably go with the Gladiator Mojave and throw 37s on it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought about buying a Jeep when I lost my truck to a distracted driver. I know too many people with Jeeps. They have the strangest mechinical problems.
Ill just ride my motorcycle if i want the open air experience.
you do you though
“Strangest mechanical problems” is very vague. Maybe the JL is different, but other than the 3.8 burning oil (because it is designed to run 5W30 at 185 degrees and they have it burning 5W20 at 195 degrees), My ‘08 JK has had expected wear problems. (Knock on Wood!)
Sponsored