John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s hilarious - I went by Jeep yesterday as well. I checked out the Wrangler 4xe. I was mostly intrigued by the hybrid piece of it.

I test drove it, asked a bunch of questions, and I didn’t fall in love with it at all. Ya, it has some good features and the hybrid is cool, but it drove like crap (IMO). Way rougher than my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (which is to be expected). I sure hope the Bronco drives smoother, even on 35’s!

I just had to do it though. Test driving it and not falling in love at all, I knew I was still committed to the Bronco. If I didn’t do that, I’d always wonder “what if…”

I did the same - I really liked the 4xE Altitude - they only had white - and were giving me a good price. If it was granite grey - I would have jumped on it. Sadly I cannot find what I am looking for - so sticking to the Bronco - which is still ok - I don't see it as second place - but just different. I figure resale value will be good - so if I still like the 4xe in the future, I can jump to it with a trade. I only drive about 5 miles at a time - maybe 10 miles a day at most, so hybrid does make a lot of sense for me.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Broncolli why not order what you want? If you can order a Bronco, you can order a Jeep...and get it quicker. I did.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Broncolli why not order what you want? If you can order a Bronco, you can order a Jeep...and get it quicker. I did.
Good question - so if it was in stock it would be more of an impulse buy - but a good one with no regrets. I am about a month out from sitting in my Bronco - so I figured I might as well wait it out. No regrets either way.

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did the same - I really liked the 4xE Altitude - they only had white - and were giving me a good price. If it was granite grey - I would have jumped on it. Sadly I cannot find what I am looking for - so sticking to the Bronco - which is still ok - I don't see it as second place - but just different. I figure resale value will be good - so if I still like the 4xe in the future, I can jump to it with a trade. I only drive about 5 miles at a time - maybe 10 miles a day at most, so hybrid does make a lot of sense for me.
4xe orders seem to be coming in fast. I ordered from the factory 5/29 and drove it home 6/17. I couldn’t believe how fast it came in.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco order is a 2-door base, Sasquatch, 2.7.

Admittedly, I’m frustrated by the wait. Imagined myself rolling roofless and doorless through the summer/fall. But it’s looking like that won’t happen until probably summer/fall of 2022. So I decided to see what Jeep had to offer.

Eff Jeep. So much more bang for the buck can be had with the Bronco.

Maybe I’ll buy something used and trade it in when the Bronco is ready. Want to have some open air four wheel drive fun. But I don’t consider Jeep to be a viable alternative.
You could go an buy one of those awesome MachE's that they have out...…...almost makes the 427 Corbra Jet look laughable. :) :) :)

Sponsored

Rektek

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turned in my leased car in March and wanted to hold out for my Bronco. First week rsvp and ordered in Feb and tried to keep the order simple (Badlands). Went with a dealer over 100 miles away because of all great reviews (Kearny Mesa). Kept in touch with Eric at the dealer and he said it looked like I wouldn't make 21 allocation. I ordered a Rubicon 4XE just in case. Thinking was they have great value and I would need a car until at least 22 Bronco came in. Jeep's in the driveway for now.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Rubicon is in-state and should be at the dealer by the end of this week. Seven weeks so far from order to (almost) delivery. It's taking so long...oh wait, I had a Badlands reserved almost a year ago, haha.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really want to go this route myself, but the more a read about wranglers (like on their forums) the more scared I get about buying one...so many issues, especially electrical gremlins.

Folks having to put it in the shop for weeks only after a few thousand miles.

I mean obviously their are folks that luck out, but sounds like you literally have a 1 out of 3 shot to get a solid wrangler.

Jeep really conquered it when they got the public and dealers to simply accept "it's a jeep thing".

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base Jeep the "sport" does not even have air conditioning. You pay extra for everything.
Not that Wranglers are bad it is just they cut too much stuff on the base model. It makes the MSRP look lower then it is because the bronco has all that stuff standard. Once you add in the options to make the Wrangler compareable to the bronco it price is more then the bronco.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The base Jeep the "sport" does not even have air conditioning. You pay extra for everything.
Not that Wranglers are bad it is just they cut too much stuff on the base model. It makes the MSRP look lower then it is because the bronco has all that stuff standard. Once you add in the options to make the Wrangler compareable to the bronco it price is more then the bronco.
Not ah, you don't pay for White paint! But you do paint for everything else 😁

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really want to go this route myself, but the more a read about wranglers (like on their forums) the more scared I get about buying one...so many issues, especially electrical gremlins.

Folks having to put it in the shop for weeks only after a few thousand miles.

I mean obviously their are folks that luck out, but sounds like you literally have a 1 out of 3 shot to get a solid wrangler.

Jeep really conquered it when they got the public and dealers to simply accept "it's a jeep thing".
Owned two Jeeps (TJ and XJ) and they were much more reliable than the Fords I've owned. Come to think of it, the only electrical gremlins that come to mind were the Taurus, the Fusion, the Fiesta and the Super Duty I've owned.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But isn't that the point of a "base" entry-level model, to be basic? And, what's great is you get to pick the options you really want. They aren't all bundled into a package that costs thousands of dollars. I had to choose the High package to get one of the options I really needed and almost all of the others I didn't want. I wasn't willing to pay even more for the Lux package to get the stereo upgrade I wanted.

I wanted front and rear lockers, soft top (not available on the Bronco), upgraded stereo (Lux package on the Bronco) and tow package (constrained on the Bronco). If I could "unbundle" the options it might be cheaper with the Bronco, but bundled it wasn't. My Rubicon build was $41k and my Badlands build was $48k.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs