JSport

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I'm in the market for a vehicle and I wanted to get a Bronco. I did reserve a bronco for $100 that I never turned into an order. Anyways this dealer has couple of badlands and big bends coming in and they are selling them for $10K markup. I know this was going to happen since they are in demand.

The salesman told me the following things:

- Told me no dealers are getting any stock from Ford, since Ford is only making confirmed ordered Broncos. I asked him then how were they getting those Broncos that are coming in if Dealers can't order stock. He didn't clarify for me. Could they be orders that someone ordered and then backed out? I think the dealers did place orders and this is what those are, since once placed, they would be CONFIRMED orders, even if placed by a dealer.

- Wouldn't budge on the markup let along making deals for MSRP. I don't know if all dealers are selling with ADMs in Canada.

- If I were to place an order with the dealer, I would still be charged mark-up. Actually I didn't clarify this part with him, but from our previous conversations I think they for sure will sell a new order with a mark-up.

- He said if I were to place an order it will take 8-12 weeks, give or take a week. I told him that I've been reading online where some people are saying that their Bronco orders are getting pushed to 2022. He said that's only for people who placed their orders back in March or really early on. He said what Ford did was, if they couldn't get parts, they took those Broncos off assembly lines and put them in storage, and now that the parts are coming in, they are continually making new Broncos for new orders coming in, all those early orders will be delivered in 2022, when Ford puts those Broncos back on assembly lines to finish them. Again I don't know how true this is. If I was one of those early buyers, I would be pisssssed.

- I asked him if another dealer somewhere in Canada has a Bronco that I wanted, can they get that for me. He didn't answer. I think another dealer did this for my friend in Sask who wanted a vehicle that a dealer in BC had. So the dealer in sask just had that truck shipped from BC with no extra charge. So I still don't know if they do this with Broncos. I think they probably don't want to, since the other dealer can probably easily sell it and neither of them wants to pay the shipping cost, unless they move the cost to me. But with ADMs, I'm not interested.

Questions for you guys

- Why isn't Ford making Wildtraks until mid 2022 or 2023? Is it because they come with Hardtop ONLY? and now Hardtops are having issues, so they just stopping making Wildtraks?

- What is the difference between a fully equipped Wildtrak and any other fully loaded model? I know the wildtrak has some things that are standard, whereas on other models are optional. But if everything is ticked off on lower models, is there a difference in Wildrak and other ones? I'm guessing only interior and exterior style would be different unless there are other big differences. I asked buddy, he said the difference is styling, and that Wildtrak only comes with hardtop.

- Are there dealers taking orders, or selling Broncos from inventories without ADMs?

- I don't think I want to pay $10K over asking, where in a year or two maybe three these Broncos could be selling for pretty good discounts during employee pricing. I acknowledge the fact that people are paying the ADMs or MSRP to be one of the few to get their hands on this hot vehicle. And the people who want discounts are waiting for the craziness to die down.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm in the market for a vehicle and I wanted to get a Bronco. I did reserve a bronco for $100 that I never turned into an order. Anyways this dealer has couple of badlands and big bends coming in and they are selling them for $10K markup. I know this was going to happen since they are in demand.

- Told me no dealers are getting any stock from Ford, since Ford is only making confirmed ordered Broncos. I asked him then how were they getting those Broncos that are coming in if Dealers can't order stock. He didn't clarify for me. Could they be orders that someone ordered and then backed out? I think the dealers did place orders and this is what those are, since once placed, they would be CONFIRMED orders, even if placed by a dealer. With the delays this roll out has seen, there’s absolutely going to be customers who couldn’t wait a year or more for their vehicles unfortunately. I actually was able to take over a customer’s reservation they backed out of, and the dealership changed their build to my specs. I believe they’re allowed to do this with a small percentage of orders. I also wouldn’t put it past a dealership if they asked a few sales people to place orders as “regular customers” knowing full-well they wouldn’t want them and just sell them on the lot, whether at MSRP or ADM.

- Wouldn't budge on the markup let along making deals for MSRP. I don't know if all dealers are selling with ADMs in Canada. There’s a lot of dealerships that are charging ADM; you can see online if you use Auto Trader or just search the dealership websites. That’s why it’s important to get everything in writing when you place your order. I have Vehicle Order Confirmation, DORA, Sales Agreement, etc. all done up by the dealership, with signatures, so I know what I’m going to be paying. I knew going into this I’d be paying MSRP and not getting a discount, which I was fine with. Paperwork is critical when ordering!

- If I were to place an order with the dealer, I would still be charged mark-up. Actually I didn't clarify this part with him, but from our previous conversations I think they for sure will sell a new order with a mark-up. Not necessarily. I would ask them that question upfront. When I did my Build & Price on Ford.ca and went into the dealership to place my order, the build price came out to be exactly the same as MSRP. Do your homework ahead of time, and ask questions if something doesn’t seem to line-up. Sometimes if it doesn’t line-up it’s simply because they miss-keyed something on the order as well, so it’s a good “double check” for you on that front.

- He said if I were to place an order it will take 8-12 weeks, give or take a week. I told him that I've been reading online where some people are saying that their Bronco orders are getting pushed to 2022. He said that's only for people who placed their orders back in March or really early on. He said what Ford did was, if they couldn't get parts, they took those Broncos off assembly lines and put them in storage, and now that the parts are coming in, they are continually making new Broncos for new orders coming in, all those early orders will be delivered in 2022, when Ford puts those Broncos back on assembly lines to finish them. Again I don't know how true this is. If I was one of those early buyers, I would be pisssssed. Salesperson is full of shit. Only way you’d get one in 8-12 weeks is if one showed up at the dealership that a customer walked away from, and my guess is, they probably have a waiting list for those as well.

- I asked him if another dealer somewhere in Canada has a Bronco that I wanted, can they get that for me. He didn't answer. I think another dealer did this for my friend in Sask who wanted a vehicle that a dealer in BC had. So the dealer in sask just had that truck shipped from BC with no extra charge. So I still don't know if they do this with Broncos. I think they probably don't want to, since the other dealer can probably easily sell it and neither of them wants to pay the shipping cost, unless they move the cost to me. But with ADMs, I'm not interested. Yes, dealerships do this quite regularly. I did this with my Jeep actually; same thing - they didn’t add any cost to it, and I believe they just exchanged a different model Jeep with the other dealership. I highly doubt they’d do this with the Bronco, due to demand. Lot of extra work/cost for something they will sell quickly on their own lot. Just my assumption on this one though.

Questions for you guys

- Why isn't Ford making Wildtraks until mid 2022 or 2023? Is it because they come with Hardtop ONLY? and now Hardtops are having issues, so they just stopping making Wildtraks? Yes, they are hard tops only, that’s why. In 2022 it sounds like they will also offer the Wildtraks with a soft top too, if that’s something you’re interested in.

- What is the difference between a fully equipped Wildtrak and any other fully loaded model? I know the wildtrak has some things that are standard, whereas on other models are optional. But if everything is ticked off on lower models, is there a difference in Wildrak and other ones? I'm guessing only interior and exterior style would be different unless there are other big differences. I asked buddy, he said the difference is styling, and that Wildtrak only comes with hardtop.

- Are there dealers taking orders, or selling Broncos from inventories without ADMs?

- I don't think I want to pay $10K over asking, where in a year or two maybe three these Broncos could be selling for pretty good discounts during employee pricing. I acknowledge the fact that people are paying the ADMs or MSRP to be one of the few to get their hands on this hot vehicle. And the people who want discounts are waiting for the craziness to die down.
I’ve provided my insight to some of your questions above, in red.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good Lord, I can't count the times he lied to you (or maybe he's just ignorant, IDK). No matter the price, I think I would change dealers.

604Bronco has got you covered on your questions.

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so many things wrong there. please don't ever buy from that salesman

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Local dealer,Maxwell Ford, here in Austin selling a 4 door softtop +$30k. They have it listed as Big Bend,but sticker says Outerbanks.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeezus. I couldn't finish the whole story.
It was making me dumber by the sentence.

Poor @604Bronco , probably sacrificed a bunch of IQ points to make that reply.
LOL

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL
Lol - I’m not sure if that was a compliment for my patience or a dig at me for even replying :ROFLMAO:

TK421

Outer Banks
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
man, same thing with my dealer. I did it anyways because my Outer Banks was almost exactly what I was looking for. I paid MSRP + 10k. They did "give me" more for my trade in. Was a real kick in the nards when they said the door bags weren't included as well. Went to my credit union for financing. Gave me a way better rate then Ford was offering.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

- Told me no dealers are getting any stock from Ford, since Ford is only making confirmed ordered Broncos. I asked him then how were they getting those Broncos that are coming in if Dealers can't order stock. He didn't clarify for me. Could they be orders that someone ordered and then backed out? I think the dealers did place orders and this is what those are, since once placed, they would be CONFIRMED orders, even if placed by a dealer.

- Wouldn't budge on the markup let along making deals for MSRP. I don't know if all dealers are selling with ADMs in Canada.

- If I were to place an order with the dealer, I would still be charged mark-up. Actually I didn't clarify this part with him, but from our previous conversations I think they for sure will sell a new order with a mark-up.

- He said if I were to place an order it will take 8-12 weeks, give or take a week. I told him that I've been reading online where some people are saying that their Bronco orders are getting pushed to 2022. He said that's only for people who placed their orders back in March or really early on. He said what Ford did was, if they couldn't get parts, they took those Broncos off assembly lines and put them in storage, and now that the parts are coming in, they are continually making new Broncos for new orders coming in, all those early orders will be delivered in 2022, when Ford puts those Broncos back on assembly lines to finish them. Again I don't know how true this is. If I was one of those early buyers, I would be pisssssed.

- I asked him if another dealer somewhere in Canada has a Bronco that I wanted, can they get that for me. He didn't answer. I think another dealer did this for my friend in Sask who wanted a vehicle that a dealer in BC had. So the dealer in sask just had that truck shipped from BC with no extra charge. So I still don't know if they do this with Broncos. I think they probably don't want to, since the other dealer can probably easily sell it and neither of them wants to pay the shipping cost, unless they move the cost to me. But with ADMs, I'm not interested.

Questions for you guys

- Why isn't Ford making Wildtraks until mid 2022 or 2023? Is it because they come with Hardtop ONLY? and now Hardtops are having issues, so they just stopping making Wildtraks?

Run fast to another Dealer!!!! The only thing I will cover here is the stock he says is coming to him; my guess, the Dealer had some employees reserve and order Broncos "for the Dealer"...in other words, the employee never intended to purchase it and they will be treated as back out purchases. This salesperson gave you all kinds of incorrect information. Others here will give you the truth.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you I walked into my dealer after finding out they had a Bronco w/ the manual transmission and was told that that dealer was only getting one 2.3l w/ manual for 2021.

The salesman told me that just that day the sales manager had authorized them to actually sell that vehicle as prior to that they had just been using it to drum up orders/pre-sales.

I didn't particularly want a 4 door, and I definitely didn't want a soft-top but I pulled the trigger as they stated they had 5 or 6 people who wanted it before it was available for sale.

While I could not get the dealer to "haggle" on the price, I did get it for sticker.

I pick up my Area 51 4 door/soft-top Badlands tomorrow.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL
“Dumber by the sentence”, I doubt that you could get any dumber! lol
Sponsored