Sponsored

Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **)

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
* Alarm - I asked the Presenter and he confirmed it does have a "Standard" alarm. Meaning it honks when doors and such are opened. He said it does not have anything for people just reaching into the Bronco. Also not sure about the sensitivity or if it even has "shock". So could someone climb into your Bronco without setting off the alarm if the top was down? ... maybe.
I have been wondering this. A buddy of mine had a 2007(ish) Mustang GT and the alarm would go off if you reached through an open window while it was locked/alarm was activated. I was hoping the Bronco would have something similar so that if you had the doors off and someone decided to invite themselves in, they'd set off the alarm.
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been wondering this. A buddy of mine had a 2007(ish) Mustang GT and the alarm would go off if you reached through an open window while it was locked/alarm was activated. I was hoping the Bronco would have something similar so that if you had the doors off and someone decided to invite themselves in, they'd set off the alarm.

luckily the finch flying across the yard to the wifes bird feeder will also trigger a proximity type alarm sensor.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was something like this hinted at or described in the early release materials I think

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Fords that have this have 2 sensors up near the sunglass holder. My 14 Mustang had them.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Solid write up thank you.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those who have commented before on the question of fog lights and their purpose - they serve to provide better visibility to others of your vehicle.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good write up, some variety and different perspective is always appreciated!

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford does turn off some features in their SYNC system while car is in drive or motion. The biggest I know of is linking a phone via bluetooth to sync because my wife asks all the time to link her phone and it is grayed out.

It is more of a safety issue why they gray it out. Also navigation is another!! I believe you have to be in park to set your destination.
Thanks for the insight... I understand locking out Nav for safety but I wonder if the voice commands works with it while driving?

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. Good to know about the tow wiring.

So what's the deal with fog lights? It seems like a big deal to a lot of people here. Most of my cars haven't had them and those that did I've never used them.

My wife has been looking at Mazdas and they lock out the touch in drive, knob control only. It's awkward and I hated it.
I don't think it is as much about fog lights as it is they remove the wiring and dash switches. If I could order the Mod Bumper, buy some lights and just plug them into the factory harness and use the official Fog Light switch...I would.

And yeah...they are more of a driving light. I seem to recall true fog lights are supposed to be yellow to function correctly.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice report, thanks. Still wondering what happened to the perimeter alarm?
Exactly! Nobody talks about it and I was really looking forward to it cuz car alarm installations are not cheap, plus do you really want some dude cutting into wires on your new bronco?

Really wanted a true Parameter Alarm built in.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw the same pair of Broncos on Saturday and i think OP meant to say it was BD and OBX. The BD had a High package and the OBX had USB charging ports atop the dash ( so it’sa Lux?)
Yeah damn typo... It was a BD and Obx.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here me zoom in......

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 14.01.24.png
Yes exactly... The presenter even said, yeah it's not like the one in the {forgot the mod} where you reach in and it goes off.

They said perimeter and that is what I want. Hoping the presenter was wrong.
Sponsored

Reactions: jxc