Sponsored

Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **)

Deleted member 9326

Thanks for the info.

Meaning it honks when doors and such are opened.
Question for recent model year Ford owners - can the horn sound be disabled when activating and deactivating the alarm? I.e. so you just hear the lock actuators and see the blinkers.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Good to know about the tow wiring.

So what's the deal with fog lights? It seems like a big deal to a lot of people here. Most of my cars haven't had them and those that did I've never used them.
You, sir, are a barbarian.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the info.

Question for recent model year Ford owners - can the horn sound be disabled when activating and deactivating the alarm? I.e. so you just hear the lock actuators and see the blinkers.
It better or I'll cut not only my own horn wires, but yours, too. STUPID STUPID STUPID. Hasn't anyone sat in a car or walked past one when the idiot can't use the power door locks but beeps? Someone will die that way. Either from heart attack or being shot. Get me started.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This exactly. There's a large amount of inconsiderate jerks that just like driving around with as many lights as possible on and either don't know or don't care if it's blinding anybody else. I used to think I wanted fog lights when I had a car without them. Now I do and I never use them. I don't live in an area with fog but occasionally I find some and I've not noticed any improved visibility. I think they mostly exist as another upsell opportunity for car manufacturers.
Yep.

Studies show they don't help you see any better at any speed over a 20 mph (fog or not), and they are less effective in fog than using your high beams. Fog lights (and yes, I'm ready for the arguments) are for others to see you and not for the driver to see the road. That's just not how they work; however, that's how they are marketed.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford does turn off some features in their SYNC system while car is in drive or motion. The biggest I know of is linking a phone via bluetooth to sync because my wife asks all the time to link her phone and it is grayed out.

It is more of a safety issue why they gray it out. Also navigation is another!! I believe you have to be in park to set your destination.
You have to be in park to search for a location. If it's a a saved location, it will allow you to select it while driving.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep.

Studies show they don't help you see any better at any speed over a 20 mph (fog or not), and they are less effective in fog than using your high beams. Fog lights (and yes, I'm ready for the arguments) are for others to see you and not for the driver to see the road. That's just not how they work; however, that's how they are marketed.
Some cars have rear facing fog lights, again so in thick fog other cars have a chance of seeing you before hitting you. Rear fog lights are red and about as bright as brake lights. Some places that get lots of fog require them.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm shocked so many people think foglights are worthless. In light snow, they really increase visibility. I very seldom run into thick fog though they help in fog but I'm out in the snow a bit and find them really helpful. When I was young one went out on my 98 outback and even losing one really impacted my evening snow drives home from work. Had to really slow down while I waited for a day off to get a replacement.

Then again most of the country has little to no snow and little to no fog so I guess it makes sense that most people wonder why they even exist.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
B
Thanks. Good to know about the tow wiring.

So what's the deal with fog lights? It seems like a big deal to a lot of people here. Most of my cars haven't had them and those that did I've never used them.

My wife has been looking at Mazdas and they lock out the touch in drive, knob control only. It's awkward and I hated it.
Because there are a lot of asshats that like to drive around with them on regardless of weather conditions.....the same way some people drive around with their trailer mirrors extended, when not towing a trailer. To each he his own I suppose, but when I have to squint to keep from being blinded by fog lights, or feel like I need to dodge mirrors coming at me..............

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This exactly. There's a large amount of inconsiderate jerks that just like driving around with as many lights as possible on and either don't know or don't care if it's blinding anybody else. I used to think I wanted fog lights when I had a car without them. Now I do and I never use them. I don't live in an area with fog but occasionally I find some and I've not noticed any improved visibility. I think they mostly exist as another upsell opportunity for car manufacturers.
Snow. They definitely help in snow. That downward light is much better than even your headlights. And forget highbeams. That's actually going to make it worse.

I use and will continue to use them when I'm driving and it's actively snowing. However, if you don't live in an area that gets snow, then I could see their worthlessness.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some cars have rear facing fog lights, again so in thick fog other cars have a chance of seeing you before hitting you. Rear fog lights are red and about as bright as brake lights. Some places that get lots of fog require them.
had rear on my Saab. You see this more on european cars. Funny, bc when I lived in NJ, a lot of ppl would drive around in Mercedes and they'd have their rear fog light on all the time, and I will guarantee they had no idea it was rear fog light and thought they were putting on front fog lights.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

B

Because there are a lot of asshats that like to drive around with them on regardless of weather conditions.....the same way some people drive around with their trailer mirrors extended, when not towing a trailer. To each he his own I suppose, but when I have to squint to keep from being blinded by fog lights, or feel like I need to dodge mirrors coming at me..............
Funny, you said " or feel like I need to dodge mirrors coming at me.............. ". Those flip out mirrors on Dodge pickups are crazy wide and folks like to run empty with them extended!

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the same pair of Broncos on Saturday and i think OP meant to say it was BD and OBX. The BD had a High package and the OBX had USB charging ports atop the dash ( so it’sa Lux?)
Wait....What?? BD with High?

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the MGV is water "resistant" because of the stitching. The actual material is probably more of a water "proof", but around the stitching makes it water "resistant".
Sponsored