Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You and I are in the same boat. I am going to make my first payment on my Dirt Mountain Special next week - because the dealer and the Ford Customer Service center told me the Bronco was on the way. My credit union is now sending me nastygrams to add my insurance info. I have a sales tax credit that is going to expire at the beginning of September. This delay is literally going to cost me thousands of dollars out of pocket. My hardtop is going on a shelf when it gets here anyway. I wish they would give us the option to take delivery!
I'm sorry can you explain this? Did you take out a loan on a car you don't have a title and/or even have physical possession of? Did the credit union know that you don't have (and might never have) the collateral for the loan? And if so why did you do this? What if the car was not delayed but totalled during delivery? Or the options were wrong? Was there any reason to take out a loan before you got to see the car?

Or am I misunderstanding your situation?
Sponsored

OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4d, '73 K5 Jimmy, '67 Mustang, '03 TJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interesting that you were able to borrow money on a vehicle that you haven't purchased yet? Also, check with your revenue office. In Arkansas if you have documentation that you have a vehicle on order, you can still receive credit for your trade on your taxes when you go to register it. Worth a try for sure.
My credit union actually encouraged me to close the loan since they were running a promotional rate. They also said that they have a bunch of people buy Teslas and close the loan when the car is in transit, because Tesla is a stickler for having delivery take place the moment the car arrives at the dealership.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to be honest, if it takes a camera to be THAT close and at a precise angle to pick up the MIC top "snake skin", then WTF is all the fuss about. I've seen orange peel on expensive German cars worse than that. Lol.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sorry can you explain this? Did you take out a loan on a car you don't have a title and/or even have physical possession of? Did the credit union know that you don't have (and might never have) the collateral for the loan? And if so why did you do this? What if the car was not delayed but totalled during delivery? Or the options were wrong? Was there any reason to take out a loan before you got to see the car?

Nope, I am in the same boat. Credit Union had no problem with it as long as there was a VIN number and it was to be a new manufacture vehicle. The VIN number is what they care about for funding the loan.

It's true, they might never have collateral for the loan, but without delivery, the dealership would have to refund the money to the customer/bank.

The reason, as stated above, was to lock in the interest rate. Also in my case, payment was required 30 days in advance of delivery for Military Auto Sales. So when I got my build date, I applied for my loan to lock in the rate with the expectation that Ford would actually deliver a vehicle (even if I got bumped once or twice). I got bumped once by one week. Now my Bronco is at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex (DMSC). It will be delayed an indeterminate amount of time, which is both ridiculous and unnecessary.

Sponsored
OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Yes - and as I explained in my other post, this is something my CU actually encouraged me to do (because Ford customer service and the dealer told me that it was shipping imminently and I was going to have within 5-7 days. Obviously we now know this was incorrect). There was a 1.xx% rate they wanted me to take advantage of, and I had no reason not to. Had the car been totalled in shipment I would just have returned the check. This might be what I still end up deciding to do. I have owned something like 250 cars, and financed probably 50 over the years, so this is not my first rodeo. I am on a first name basis with the folks at my CU, so that is not my issue. My issue is that Ford knew that they had an issue with MY Bronco (which had been built for almost 2 weeks at that point), but told me it was en route.

OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have to be honest, if it takes a camera to be THAT close and at a precise angle to pick up the MIC top "snake skin", then WTF is all the fuss about. I've seen orange peel on expensive German cars worse than that. Lol.
Actually, the camera has a hard time picking it up, but it is visually obvious with human eyes. The sides of the clamshell on this one are horrible, and there are unfinished seams everywhere. The fiberglass top on my 1973 Jimmy has better edges than this new one. So, I do understand the concern. Once again, I would gladly take delivery and wait for the repercussions under the circumstances, but anecdotally I understand the quality concern.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, I am in the same boat. Credit Union had no problem with it as long as there was a VIN number and it was to be a new manufacture vehicle. The VIN number is what they care about for funding the loan.

It's true, they might never have collateral for the loan, but without delivery, the dealership would have to refund the money to the customer/bank.

The reason, as stated above, was to lock in the interest rate. Also in my case, payment was required 30 days in advance of delivery for Military Auto Sales. So when I got my build date, I applied for my loan to lock in the rate with the expectation that Ford would actually deliver a vehicle (even if I got bumped once or twice). I got bumped once by one week. Now my Bronco is at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex (DMSC). It will be delayed an indeterminate amount of time, which is both ridiculous and unnecessary.
Yes - and as I explained in my other post, this is something my CU actually encouraged me to do (because Ford customer service and the dealer told me that it was shipping imminently and I was going to have within 5-7 days. Obviously we now know this was incorrect). There was a 1.xx% rate they wanted me to take advantage of, and I had no reason not to. Had the car been totalled in shipment I would just have returned the check. This might be what I still end up deciding to do. I have owned something like 250 cars, and financed probably 50 over the years, so this is not my first rodeo. I am on a first name basis with the folks at my CU, so that is not my issue. My issue is that Ford knew that they had an issue with MY Bronco (which had been built for almost 2 weeks at that point), but told me it was en route.
My guess (having last worked at a bank 10 years ago) is that you might not have much choice with the loans. If the checks are not cashed and the insurance is never provided they will probably cancel the loans and you will need to start over.

I hope you will be able to find a good rate again when you get delivery. You never know... end of year promotions will be starting soon.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My guess (having last worked at a bank 10 years ago) is that you might not have much choice with the loans. If the checks are not cashed and the insurance is never provided they will probably cancel the loans and you will need to start over.

I hope you will be able to find a good rate again when you get delivery. You never know... end of year promotions will be starting soon.
Check has already been cashed in my case.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course the dealership has a 2 door hardtop... That's just another punch in the face. It's ok that this is running around, but mine can't be shipped because reasons. @Ford Motor Company, do you see the stupidity of this?
I've had the opportunity to test drive a two door Badlands SAS 2.7l high package......my exact build but red instead of silver. First night reservation, never got a VIN yet Ford could build one and send it to a dealer for a demo. Complete BS.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you elaborate? Is it the seal between the rear clam shell top and the front freedom panels? Or is it the seam where the rear clam shell attaches to the B-pillar?
Dude……. Freedom panel is jeep. Don’t saddle the bronco with that ;-)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Of course the dealership has a 2 door hardtop... That's just another punch in the face. It's ok that this is running around, but mine can't be shipped because reasons. @Ford Motor Company, do you see the stupidity of this?
That top already looks like crap. There’s a very good reason these tops are being held back. I suspect it goes beyond visual imperfections. You can’t have the middle layer of something swell and not eventually have separation.

Ford Bronco Went to dealer to complain about Dirt Mountain, came home with their mannequin 1629304843403

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang, I'm jealous of your Jimmy. Now that's a true open-air driving experience! (Though I would hate to roll it.)

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can see a bidding war coming. Me to. Me to !🤣
No bidding war on my end. A Dealership tried to get me to do that on a C8 Corvette I told them to F-off. When you involve emotions you make stupid decisions.
Sponsored