First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - and as I explained in my other post, this is something my CU actually encouraged me to do (because Ford customer service and the dealer told me that it was shipping imminently and I was going to have within 5-7 days. Obviously we now know this was incorrect). There was a 1.xx% rate they wanted me to take advantage of, and I had no reason not to. Had the car been totalled in shipment I would just have returned the check. This might be what I still end up deciding to do. I have owned something like 250 cars, and financed probably 50 over the years, so this is not my first rodeo. I am on a first name basis with the folks at my CU, so that is not my issue. My issue is that Ford knew that they had an issue with MY Bronco (which had been built for almost 2 weeks at that point), but told me it was en route.
PLEASE... let us know how this turns out. Thank you for the explanation now I can understand your position.
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope, I am in the same boat. Credit Union had no problem with it as long as there was a VIN number and it was to be a new manufacture vehicle. The VIN number is what they care about for funding the loan.

It's true, they might never have collateral for the loan, but without delivery, the dealership would have to refund the money to the customer/bank.

The reason, as stated above, was to lock in the interest rate. Also in my case, payment was required 30 days in advance of delivery for Military Auto Sales. So when I got my build date, I applied for my loan to lock in the rate with the expectation that Ford would actually deliver a vehicle (even if I got bumped once or twice). I got bumped once by one week. Now my Bronco is at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex (DMSC). It will be delayed an indeterminate amount of time, which is both ridiculous and unnecessary.
I call BS on that. I’ve ordered two cars thru Military Auto Sales. The car will sit on the dealership of your choice until you get home to pick it up. If you are already home, then you don’t pay until you’ve inspected it AND test drive it. If for any reason, to include change of circumstances, you can elect to not take your car with no penalty. My Shelby GT500 along with two others that were ordered by guys in my unit were kept in storage at Crown Ford, just outside of Fort Bragg for six months, until we returned from our deployment.

I think either you misunderstood the rules or someone sold you a bag of beans. Closing on a vehicle that you do not have possession of is shady as hell. Who is the credit union? I am hoping it is not one that I am affiliated with.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I call BS on that. I’ve ordered two cars thru Military Auto Sales. The car will sit on the dealership of your choice until you get home to pick it up. If you are already home, then you don’t pay until you’ve inspected it AND test drive it. If for any reason, to include change of circumstances, you can elect to not take your car with no penalty. My Shelby GT500 along with two others that were ordered by guys in my unit were kept in storage at Crown Ford, just outside of Fort Bragg for six months, until we returned from our deployment.

I think either you misunderstood the rules or someone sold you a bag of beans. Closing on a vehicle that you do not have possession of is shady as hell. Who is the credit union? I am hoping it is not one that I am affiliated with.
Really?? Because I would be happy to show you where you are wrong.

Below is the proof that the funds were expected 30 days in advance of the delivery and due prior to delivery. The vehicle will not be released until the funds have cleared.

Ford Bronco Went to dealer to complain about Dirt Mountain, came home with their mannequin Stateside Delivery Instructions

I might add, MAS accepted the money (I have little doubt that they paid the PO), Ford has built the vehicle, and they should deliver it. The cosmetic issue is clearly something that could be resolved any number of ways that don't include holding the money and the Bronco hostage.

So, I guess that required, technically is not correct, however I did not want a delivery delay while they waited on funds to clear. They will not deliver the vehicle until the funds have cleared, that much is very clear.

Last edited:

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is my exact build...7/13 9Pm Res....uggghhh. No VIN

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK John, since you don't want to sell the K5, how 'bout this. If you need it out of the way for awhile I have the prefect place for it in my driveway. I'll be happy to help you clear a space for your Bronco. :)

OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4d, '73 K5 Jimmy, '67 Mustang, '03 TJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Closing on a vehicle that you do not have possession of is shady as hell. Who is the credit union? I am hoping it is not one that I am affiliated with.
Ok, Mr. Finance. I have bought several cars long distance where I have closed the loan, picked up the check, then traveled to pick up the vehicle or had it shipped. With the process sometimes taking several weeks. So not sure why this is so shady to you. Please feel free to move along if you are concerned.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 7/14 2 door manual build is stuck on Dirt Mountain. I went by the dealer to complain and see if they would lobby for early release (knowing it would be pointless but would make me feel better). Also wanted to announce I was cancelling my Lightning reservation since the Bronco rollout has sucked. Long story short, they let me take the mannequin home for a day to assuage my pain. Love the power of the 2.7 (although still happy I went 2.3 manual). Love the on road ride, and rear seat legroom. Wind noise is terrible at the seam between the front and rear, but hopeful it will be better with the new roof. MIC top is starting to snakeskin. In any case, impressed with the overall vehicle and more excited to get mine eventually.

Ford Bronco Went to dealer to complain about Dirt Mountain, came home with their mannequin Stateside Delivery Instructions

I drove this Bronco today. No major surprises here. I was impressed, and the 2-door was larger than I thought it would be. It was louder that I expected, but there was no sound-deadening headliner and the 35s added to the noise. I was not disappointed with anything. I hope to get one in '22 but who knows...

OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4d, '73 K5 Jimmy, '67 Mustang, '03 TJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drove this Bronco today. No major surprises here. I was impressed, and the 2-door was larger than I thought it would be. It was louder that I expected, but there was no sound-deadening headliner and the 35s added to the noise. I was not disappointed with anything. I hope to get one in '22 but who knows...
Ha - so you were the one. They said they had someone coming in today to drive it. Once again, it is an awesome vehicle, despite the minor nits. I think once they have these tops figured out we should be in good shape. Now I just hope mine comes ASAP!

Sponsored

Utahbronco51

Base
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base
You and I are in the same boat. I am going to make my first payment on my Dirt Mountain Special next week - because the dealer and the Ford Customer Service center told me the Bronco was on the way. My credit union is now sending me nastygrams to add my insurance info. I have a sales tax credit that is going to expire at the beginning of September. This delay is literally going to cost me thousands of dollars out of pocket. My hardtop is going on a shelf when it gets here anyway. I wish they would give us the option to take delivery!
I feel for you, but Ford could care less. I called to complain knowing it would do no good. Basically told that's just the way it is. I sold my only vehicle once mine had gone into production. I have been borrowing a friends car. I will have to buy something to get me buy until it comes. So angry with Ford's handling of this, I am seriously considering buying something else. I know Ford could care less and the dealer will probably be happy to have it, but I'm just not sure I want a Ford now!

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you elaborate? Is it the seal between the rear clam shell top and the front freedom panels? Or is it the seam where the rear clam shell attaches to the B-pillar?
Not the OP but I drove a 2dr BB Monday and the wind noise made me believe the AC blower was going to MAX as the vehicle reached highway speed.
Getting older and hearing not what it used to be. I was surprised. I could not say where it was coming from.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel for you, but Ford could care less. I called to complain knowing it would do no good. Basically told that's just the way it is. I sold my only vehicle once mine had gone into production. I have been borrowing a friends car. I will have to buy something to get me buy until it comes. So angry with Ford's handling of this, I am seriously considering buying something else. I know Ford could care less and the dealer will probably be happy to have it, but I'm just not sure I want a Ford now!
Where are you at in SC Leon?