Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

16K is less than the 25K ADM my dealer tried to stick me with. Good deal to get a better Rapter.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone tried or know anything about the Wherewolftech Bolt-on portal axles kit for Ford Bronco ?

Link: https://werewolftech.com/en/catalog/portal-axles/portal-gearboxes-for-ford-bronco-2021

Clearance increase
+130 мм

Gear ratio
1 : 1,35
HUB type
6 x 139,7

Recommended wheel size
38"

Minimal rim size
17"

Recommended wheel offset
ET 60

Individually designed for Ford Bronco 2021 kit, fitted to the factory axles and brake system.

By increasing the clearance by 130mm and reducing the gear ratio by 35%, portal gearboxes WEREWOLF can multiply improve the vehicle's cross-country ability, increase torque and while unloading the transmission.

And also allows you to install a central tire inflation system.

Ford Bronco Werewolftech Portal Axle Gearbox Kit released FCB936E9-4376-41AB-85EA-742EAC7B35D7
These are built in Ukraine? I live in Texas and can clearly hear this vehicle's road noise on the highway from this photo.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not really sure these are actually available yet since i remember finding exactly this page six or seven months ago, but their english blog on portals is entertaining.

these are definitely on my list once my new vehicle warranty ends (assuming my new vehicle ever arrives)

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's a solution for a very specific problem, none of which I have. I'm sure this is perfect for someone though.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only vehicle I’ve driven with portal axles is the H1 Hummer. My only complaint is that they rock forward and aft against the gears when you come to a stop on the Hummer because the brakes are inboard of the portals. $16K seems steep, but if they are good quality then the price seems in line with kits for other vehicles.
@NC_Pinz , did you see this behavior on your Pinzguaer?
(i don't remember rocking in the few times i've been in one years ago)

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@NC_Pinz , did you see this behavior on your Pinzguaer?
(i don't remember rocking in the few times i've been in one years ago)

No I didn't. Not on the Pinzgauers (owned 3 of them) or the Mog. All though had brakes at the wheels in lieu of the inboard brakes that the H1s have. That would be the defining difference.

Funny the whole subject of highway handling...my Mog would do 49.5 mph on the flat and 53 downhill. So the Pinzgauers were really my highway handling with portals experience.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are used to gain clearance, correct? How much clearance do you gain for $16k?
edit: never mind, I found it.
Are they “whiny”….noisey?

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Werewolftech Portal Axle Gearbox Kit released 1665623341524

I dub this beast, The B.D.E Bronco! I love the idea of 30% more toque, insane ground clearance, and no need to upgrade expensive axles, spindles, axles, lcas, brakes etc. Coming from the raptor world where 20-25k in suspension mods is normal, the 16,000 price tag is really reasonable. Add in new shocks, tie rods, adjustable lcas and you yourself have a bullet proof offroad beast!

Been obsessed with this guys YouTube channel since I started looking into these. He is in the US and has a g55 with the portals installed for over a year.

Just found about $3 in change in the couch, gotta start somewhere!

ps: just noticed their site has a 2 years or 50 000 km warranty...

Last edited:

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/10/t...ll-let-your-ford-bronco-look-down-on-raptors/

Serious off-roaders will do whatever they can to get a leg up on the trails they want to tackle. One especially potent modification is the installation of portal axles and now, one Ukrainian-based company has built the first set of commercially available portal axles for the Ford Bronco. This single modification adds 5.11 inches (130 mm) of ground clearance to the blue oval off-roader regardless of trim level but it’ll cost you at least $16,000.

Werewolf-Tech-Portal-Axle-Bronco-Kit-8.jpg

Werewolf-Tech-Portal-Axle-Bronco-Kit-1.jpg

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/10/t...ll-let-your-ford-bronco-look-down-on-raptors/

Serious off-roaders will do whatever they can to get a leg up on the trails they want to tackle. One especially potent modification is the installation of portal axles and now, one Ukrainian-based company has built the first set of commercially available portal axles for the Ford Bronco. This single modification adds 5.11 inches (130 mm) of ground clearance to the blue oval off-roader regardless of trim level but it’ll cost you at least $16,000.

Ford Bronco Werewolftech Portal Axle Gearbox Kit released Werewolf-Tech-Portal-Axle-Bronco-Kit-1

Ford Bronco Werewolftech Portal Axle Gearbox Kit released Werewolf-Tech-Portal-Axle-Bronco-Kit-1
I wonder what it does to highway speeds does it become an off-road only vehicle at that point?

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder what it does to highway speeds does it become an off-road only vehicle at that point?
Very valid point I was wondering the same thing.