Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be willing to move my reservation for a group purchase / willing to travel.
Sponsored

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't found any dealers in Oregon willing to commit to anything better than x plan. My dilemma with using x plan/Granger, is the $1300 savings would be negated by the cost of shipping, $1300-$1500.
even if the cost of shipping is 1300, you’re still paying just invoice for the car w/o any hassle, headaches or bs negotiation. I think you’re forgetting (1300 off) invoice is still a good deal, way better than msrp, or xplan.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
even if the cost of shipping is 1300, you’re still paying just invoice for the car w/o any hassle, headaches or bs negotiation. I think you’re forgetting (1300 off) invoice is still a good deal, way better than msrp, or xplan.

If your in California and you pay $1300 shipping. Your more or less getting the Bronco at X-Plan pricing right? if you found a local dealership that will do X-Plan and you not having to pay shipping of $1300

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would love to support a dealer like Granger because of all they have done. But to break basically even but add on a whole bunch of potential pitfalls, just isn't worth it.

So if a dealer in Cali will do it... we are talking... but as much as I'd like... going outside of Cali (except maybe Reno area) just doesn't make sense.

Sponsored
OP
OP
colbert

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to join a group near Vegas or Utah
This is your group to start for now. When dealers wake up one by one you can make the switch that best suits you. Hopefully we get traction.

OP
OP
colbert

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your in California and you pay $1300 shipping. Your more or less getting the Bronco at X-Plan pricing right? if you found a local dealership that will do X-Plan and you not having to pay shipping of $1300
And the dealer will makes nothing. The motivation is clear for dealer to offer better than X Plan and draw in a ton of buyers from hundreds of miles around. Win Win.

OP
OP
colbert

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to support a dealer like Granger because of all they have done. But to break basically even but add on a whole bunch of potential pitfalls, just isn't worth it.

So if a dealer in Cali will do it... we are talking... but as much as I'd like... going outside of Cali (except maybe Reno area) just doesn't make sense.
You don't have to go to Granger. You can stand by and wait for dealer to recognize the obvious and incredible opportunity to draw buyers from all over the Western US just as Granger has done. How close to you remains to be seen. Just be ready to switch as they come on line.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right on. Tell your friends. Tell your dealer.
To me the Granger deal only works with a group shipping deal. Now the problem is that our Broncos will be made months apart and Granger wants them gone in seven to ten days. So the big question is whether there is enough of us with reservation dates within two or three weeks of each other (I realize cars are made in batches of like kind and it's not exact) to bind together in groups of six and whether Albert at Granger would sign off on waiting until our groups of six are ready to ship. I assume Albert worked a similar deal with the Colorado group?

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me the Granger deal only works with a group shipping deal. Now the problem is that our Broncos will be made months apart and Granger wants them gone in seven to ten days. So the big question is whether there is enough of us with reservation dates within two or three weeks of each other (I realize cars are made in batches of like kind and it's not exact) to bind together in groups of six and whether Albert at Granger would sign off on waiting until our groups of six are ready to ship. I assume Albert worked a similar deal with the Colorado group?
Another option would be to have them sent with CO group and drive them back from there. Seems like there are quite a few from surrounding states doing that option and it could mean filling truckloads faster. May not work for all, but perhaps for some.
Edit: maybe not :0P. Ha ha see post below

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another option would be to have them sent with CO group and drive them back from there. Seems like there are quite a few from surrounding states doing that option and it could mean filling truckloads faster. May not work for all, but perhaps for some.

There could be a serious logistics problem there...

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Albert! I’m glad your on this thread. First of all we can’t thank you enough just for all your insight in to this whole process. Your great deal is just a another plus!
Hi Albert. Glad you are on this thread. Before my questions, I just want to thank from all of us for giving us such good insight on the buying process. That alone is huge. The fact that you also have a killer deal is the gravy. These questions may fall under your previous "serious logistical problems"

1. I assume groups of six purchases to anywhere (I'm in Nor Cal) require you to to specify the allowable "window" in registration dates and then you just pray one of those Broncos is not too delayed?

2. I think all six group members should emotionally be prepared for splitting the shipping cost five ways and be happy if it's six. (With a year gap, someone could decide to pick it up in person, refuse the order, die, etc.)

3. My Bronco probably arrives late 2021 or early 2022. How are your winters? Any large hail? I don't want to hurt my grey molded in color top!