Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good luck, but the rules are as a WA resident if you buy within WA you pay the tax rate of the county the dealership is in. If you're a WA resident and buy out of state, you pay the rate of the county you live in.
Sponsored

Benny4jesus

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's 1k off in OR, it really is balancing with what I can get in WA minus the travel. As a WA resident in Seattle (approx. 10.4%), I can drive 1.5 hrs to Chehalis and purchase paying their local 8.5% tax which is approx. 1k saving. Or, I could drive 3+ hours to OR to save 1k and end up paying 10.4% tax on the purchase because in that case it's based on the county you live in. So ATM I don't see the advantage with buying in OR.
As far as what county/state you end up buying your Bronco in, it won't matter. You'll pay for WA city/state tax IN THE COUNTY YOU LIVE IN when you get tabs. All the taxes you paid in OR will be credited towards your city/state taxes in your county.

If anyone is told anything different, please let me know.

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey fellow westerners! I just discovered this thread, and being from Boise, this is great news! Has anybody here talked to any dealerships in Boise or other places in Idaho? I talked to the Kendall dealership in Meridian and they said they would honor X-plan (this was before Ford apparently nixed that), but they also said their prices would be better than X-plan. One question though... I've already transferred dealerships once, because I f'd up during reservation... can I switch again? Thanks for all the work, and I soooo wish I would have seen this earlier!

Aussieshed

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ah yes, missed the "below invoice" part. Kind of important, huh. :)

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey fellow westerners! I just discovered this thread, and being from Boise, this is great news! Has anybody here talked to any dealerships in Boise or other places in Idaho? I talked to the Kendall dealership in Meridian and they said they would honor X-plan (this was before Ford apparently nixed that), but they also said their prices would be better than X-plan. One question though... I've already transferred dealerships once, because I f'd up during reservation... can I switch again? Thanks for all the work, and I soooo wish I would have seen this earlier!
In Oregon Kendall has a bad reputation on saying one thing until the purchase is done and then not once you leave. They used to be a decent dealer. I would not recommend them.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Oregon Kendall has a bad reputation on saying one thing until the purchase is done and then not once you leave. They used to be a decent dealer. I would not recommend them.
Shopped multiple Kendall locations this summer for a car purchase. NOT impressed AT all.

YMMV obviously but I won't do business with them moving forward.

OP
OP
colbert

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can switch a 2nd time by Jan 31st per Ford communications. Glad you found it and click "watch this thread" and let us know what you find.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW. I did my first switch today and asked about a second switch while I was on the phone. I got told that they are waiting on “clarification from management “ but she was confident that once B+P was up you could switch up to 31 JAN.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Received a confirmation Email from Kiyoshi on the 10th and finally made the call to switch my reservation this morning. What a difference in response from dealers. Bud Clary in Moses Lake would not answer Email, rude salesmen when I stopped to ask questions, and never followed through with followup calls as they said they would.

Less than 5 minutes after switching received a confirmation Email from Damerow and 20 min later an Email and text from Chase in the internet sales department.

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Talked with Nick from Damerow and am now locked in with them for $1k under invoice. According to the front desk, he’s the main POC handling the Bronco reservations now.

Also, he said their promotion only runs to the end of this week.

So, my advice to anyone debating this deal, is to pull the trigger soon, but call *before* you do.

Oh, and changing dealerships for my reservation was an absolute breeze. Super quick and easy call to Ford.

Sponsored

Benny4jesus

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(y)(y)(y)CONFIRMED with email from Nick. I'm 2 hours from Damerow and live in WA state.
$1000 below invoice. Only Doc fee for WA residents is $150. No priv. tax for us. We'll pay our county/state taxes at the DOL. NO OTHER FEES. I'll be switching to Damerow. Thanks to everyone who shared their info. to help us all get to this place.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Talked with Nick from Damerow and am now locked in with them for $1k under invoice. According to the front desk, he’s the main POC handling the Bronco reservations now.

Also, he said their promotion only runs to the end of this week.

So, my advice to anyone debating this deal, is to pull the trigger soon, but call *before* you do.

Oh, and changing dealerships for my reservation was an absolute breeze. Super quick and easy call to Ford.
Good to know about the offer ending this week! I have the same deal with Nick, looks like I’ll be transferring my reservation.....haven’t seen any other Oregon dealers stepping up to the plate.

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, Nick and company seem like good people. Glad some of us got in there on that deal and looking forward to working with their crew on my order and delivery.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got an email from my reservation dealer (small dealer) and they are going to add a markup to my Bronco reservation but they don't know how much it will be...they said they markup Raptor's $10-15k...ouch. I will be looking for a new reservation dealer. I just called another local Ford dealer (largest Ford dealer in the area) and they don't do markups so I may switch to them.

OP
OP
colbert

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got an email from my reservation dealer (small dealer) and they are going to add a markup to my Bronco reservation but they don't know how much it will be...they said they markup Raptor's $10-15k...ouch. I will be looking for a new reservation dealer. I just called another local Ford dealer (largest Ford dealer in the area) and they don't do markups so I may switch to them.
They no nothing!
Sponsored