Sponsored

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, let’s say they finally reveal the 2021 Bronco someday and all the specs and pictures and all the details we’ve been waiting for. What’s your dealbreaker, the thing that they’ve done to it or the standard item that you can’t live with and will just walk away?

I’ll go first. If this thing comes with an automatic transmission only I’m out. The only way I would even consider a Bronco with an auto is if it were a electric hybrid. If it has an auto/ICE only, I’ll just keep my V8 Bronco II and dump some more money into it.

Of course price is a consideration but I don’t think it will be outrageous overall.
Sponsored

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a long time JP owner, mods were always a fun part of owning the vehicle. Making it unique to my needs. By the sound of it Ford will be offering MANY options to customize. I also highly suspect that the aftermarket will quickly jump on the band wagon with offerings. So not much will make be back out except for bad reviews by actual owners on reliability and quality as well as the following which I previously stated in another thread:
Ford Bronco What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco? musthave

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Transmission... Must have a manual option!
From what I've seen, they've covered every other "must have" base for me, so it just comes down to the transmission (and how its offered).

Now I expect others like "FirstOnRaceDay" to vomit up a bunch of crap like automatics are stronger, more durable, more fuel effiecient,... and people don't buy manuals. And that's fine for someone who drives a Crown Vic, but I truly enjoy a manual transmission and would even pay extra for a less efficient, reliable, weaker transmission that I enjoy driving.

HOWEVER, it can't be significantly derated. It can't be on base model engine. It can't be on stripped down models only.

Bronco should be about the experience, and one of my favorite driving experiences is control of the transmission.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Colors of 80’s F 150 Copper, Brown, Off White.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m just looking for (hoping for) an improvement over my current Jeep JLU. I love my Jeep, it’s the 8th one I’ve owned, but I think/believe/hope that since Ford went into this to create a direct competitor to the Jeep, that they will come out with an awesome vehicle.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The main things that would be absolutely a deal-breaker for me is if it had a SFA or didn't come in 2 door short wheelbase form. I would also be out if it was soft-top only. Thankfully we've seen enough I'm not worried about any of those.

It also must be under 4500lbs curb weight, have some sort of center differential, clutch pack, whatever (not just simple transfer case), and either have or have aftermarket support to add a limited slip diff in the front and either one in the rear or a locker that can stay locked at any speed.

It needs to have or have aftermarket support for a suspension designed for higher speed use.

It needs an engine that I can get up to 350-400bhp reliably. I prefer more cylinders but it's not a dealbreaker. It needs a transmission that lets me pick which gear to be in and stays there. Preferably with a clutch and lever but I'm ok with a good auto with paddle shifters.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Towing capacity. If the 4 door at least can’t tow 5200, I am going to have shop options that will.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price shouldn't be more than a similar equipped Jeep.
Has to have a manual transmission,
colors are worrying me,
has to have a place for a winch and second battery
The interior needs to be weather proof , rubber mat no carpet
No 2 door
Not seeing it and it not being available, my old 150 needs to be replaced. Now.
Sponsored