Sponsored

What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot?

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saw a Decked out wildtrack for sale locally so I decided to stop in and check it out. $30k markup, there’s no way. I spoke with one of the salesmen, told him I was a late order (June ‘21) and that if I saw one in inventory at a reasonable price I might buy early. He said he’d look into trying to sell it to me at only $10k markup. Sticker was $59k and some change, would put the purchase price in the $69k range. Would I I be crazy to pay that much?

my gut says, absolutely, I’d be a nut to pay that. On the other hand, car prices are soaring, I can trade my 4Runner in for $10k more than I paid for it (verified true), maybe this is just the direction we’re headed for the next couple of years. Any thoughts from the bronco community? Standing by to be told
I’m an idiot for even considering it… meme for tribute…

3F42B233-CB63-4AFC-BB71-1B933B052EAD.jpeg
If you can afford the extra 10k and the Bronco is optioned how you want it, I would do it. Especially with a not so early reservation.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fair is what the market allows. Even at MSRP we all have different ideas of what the Bronco is worth to us. I bought a $37K Bronco as that's where I saw the value. Many are paying over $50K at MSRP because that's where it has value for them. Some will pay well over MSRP because to them it's worth it. Who cares? Pay what you are willing to pay and don't worry about it.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When will you get your Bronco?

I really believe that MSRP is fair to both seller/buyer. I am sympathetic to dealers selling less cars with the same overhead. I am also 10000% orders going for anything but MSRP or below.

The spread between "invoice" "Xplan" and MSRP isn't much these days. Its like $1400-2000 on a fully loaded Badlands/WIldtrak/FE. I did and feel 100% comfortable going with at MSRP large dealer and I have two Broncos built in 2021.
I'm thinking Q1...I would have more than likely gotten it by now but 99ed my order when I saw it would potentially land late this year and I would rather have a January 2022 than a December 2021 model.

My MSRP is $56055 and I'll be getting it right at $52000

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mean, if you can afford it, and don't mind the wallet rape. go knock yourself silly man.
Isn't easier to get married and divorced for that experience?

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can trade my 4Runner in for $10k more than I paid for it (verified true
Each transaction is unique to the timeframe in which it's done.
Wonder how many would have been happy to lock-in KBB trade values back on July 13th 2020 and how at this moment that would have been a very bad deal for some.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$20,000 for First Edition
Because they have options you can’t get on another trim? Nope.

Because they’re rare? Nope.

Because people mistakenly assume that “First Edition” means the above? Yup.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can make $10K on the trade in then $10K ADM is basically an MSRP deal, if it’s the truck you want I say go for it. You can’t have it both ways to both make the $10K on the 4 runner and pay only MSRP on the Bronco unless you’re willing to sell now and wait it out.

Personally I would push them for $5K ADM and see if they’ll bite, you’d still be $5K in the black.

I was ordering a 2022 Raptor for my employer last month, ADM ranged from $5K to $25K. I went a little farther and found a dealer who ordered it for MSRP.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$0.00

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look if everyone everywhere agreed not to pay ADM, there would never be ADM. my dealer is selling me my Bronco at MRSP, which is still way overpriced

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fair markup, if you are not willing to pay MSRP is $500 over invoice.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn't easier to get married and divorced for that experience?
Especially if you don't have anything to negotiate... a quicky divorce in PA is about 375 bucks

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you can make $10K on the trade in then $10K ADM is basically an MSRP deal, if it’s the truck you want I say go for it. You can’t have it both ways to both make the $10K on the 4 runner and pay only MSRP on the Bronco unless you’re willing to sell now and wait it out.

Personally I would push them for $5K ADM and see if they’ll bite, you’d still be $5K in the black.

I was ordering a 2022 Raptor for my employer last month, ADM ranged from $5K to $25K. I went a little farther and found a dealer who ordered it for MSRP.
Ah.... no. $10K ADM is $10K ADM.
Sponsored