Sponsored

What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In addition to anyone that pays msrp.
It just means you can’t negotiate.
And you negotiated below MSRP on your Bronco by negotiating with the dealer? Just curious. What was your leverage?
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Orleans Ford in Medina, NY has a $20k markup 🤣 I hope that people see these unethical practices and these dealerships fall the the wayside and go out of business.

82E1FBDF-1151-4999-A23E-B061CB610D34.png

D0172D36-998F-4437-8D54-D4331A7E94C5.png

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah.... no. $10K ADM is $10K ADM.
$10K in free money on the trade value in washes the $10K ADM. It’s still $10K in ADM, but that trade profit wouldn’t be there in a normal market.

OP
OP
Mgro

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$10K in free money on the trade value in washes the $10K ADM. It’s still $10K in ADM, but that trade profit wouldn’t be there in a normal market
That’s the big idea here. In a normal market, I wouldn’t pay adm unless is was some sort of limited edition vehicle. I’m thinking the adm is really just an offset of a wanky market, since the dealers are barely making any sales. With that in mind, trying to decide what I am willing to pay over, since it looks like I could get this thing, and it’s not far off what I ordered anyway, just available now instead of over a year from now…and it has a hard top…

obviously some of these adm are borderline criminal, but I don’t know that it’s completely unreasonable to have one at all, considering they can’t fill their inventory for the foreseeable future.

As far as some of these people with $4k under MSRP, I don’t know how that’s possible but more power to them. I imagine it has more to do with luck or pre existing personal Relationships than negotiation skills…zero leverage for a buyer right now.

im not sure how long the market will be off, but I can’t find any positive news with regard to the supply chain to give me hope.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn’t think I would see two stupid statements in a row……. So congrats to you. You probably won’t be seeing your bronco, if you ordered it for sometime. But that aside paying msrp for something doesn’t make you stupid nor does it say you can’t negotiate especially for a vehicle this highly anticipated and so hard to get. I’m ashamed at even replying to this but your bad disposition and the quoted posters can’t go unchecked. While I don’t full agree with paying adm and find it crazy I don’t feel the need to belittle others. I’m sure you got made fun of a lot in school or didn’t have many friends and this is your opportunity to be cool. Anyway enjoy your day

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Careful calling people idiots for paying MSRP. I choose to live in a state with a very low cost of living compared to yours. I can easily afford MSRP and have money left over compared to living in CA. Don't want to get political, but I can think of a lot more idiotic ways to waste your hard earned money than just paying MSRP.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can’t find any positive news with regard to the supply chain
Funny to constantly hear about this ubiquitous supply chain affecting every aspect of life. But few, it seems, have ever stopped to seriously think about what’s causing it. “Covid” they all say lol. Umm maybe we shouldn’t pay people to sit at home rent-free. That’s outlandish to say though, so we all just say, “supply chain.”

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m also a liberal. In ca
I’m not paying msrp
I’m getting mine before xmas
I didn’t think I would see two stupid statements in a row……. So congrats to you. You probably won’t be seeing your bronco, if you ordered it for sometime. But that aside paying msrp for something doesn’t make you stupid nor does it say you can’t negotiate especially for a vehicle this highly anticipated and so hard to get. I’m ashamed at even replying to this but your bad disposition and the quoted posters can’t go unchecked. While I don’t full agree with paying adm and find it crazy I don’t feel the need to belittle others. I’m sure you got made fun of a lot in school or didn’t have many friends and this is your opportunity to be cool. Anyway enjoy your day

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Careful calling people idiots for paying MSRP. I choose to live in a state with a very low cost of living compared to yours. I can easily afford MSRP and have money left over compared to living in CA. Don't want to get political, but I can think of a lot more idiotic ways to waste your hard earned money than just paying MSRP.
The guy I responded to called you an idiot for paying adm tho

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The guy I responded to called you an idiot for paying adm tho

I personally don't care what anyone paid other than me. I was happy to have a 5 minute transaction with the dealer for MSRP. I'm not having to haggle for enough change to fill up the tank.

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 cents. ADM does not "set the market". It only sets the price for THAT Bronco at THAT dealership. The world does not know- or care. They have ONE. It is not unethical- it's theirs and they can ask what they want. You, on the other hand, do not have to buy it. Did someone bring up the markup resale value? What? That is only true if you buy it to resell it for profit. And is THAT unethical? Also, won't your trade-in be worth what it is worth on the one you ordered- therefore negating that ADM vs trade-in value analogy? Lots going on in this thread.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is the dealer an idiot for selling above MSRP but a buyer is a genius when they flip it for $10k over MSRP?

Cincykyle1020

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m in the minority here, but I say anything under 5k if you can get it with zero wait and it’s what you want. Call me what you want but I’d at least consider paying 5k over to get it a year or more sooner

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll give you a $10 for two $50s…SMH

if you’re seriously asking what a ‘fair’ ADM is, followed up with you have the money and are willing to pay it, then why bother asking the question in the first place?

Do you require group validation before deciding to take a dump as well?
Sponsored