Sponsored

What’s actually holding up Wildtrak orders?

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got into a back and forth with my dealer about Wildtraks being less available for builds than Badlands. Anecdotally, I do see a lot of long waits for people with Wildtraks and Badlands but what would be holding up WTs over BLs? Assuming the same constraints, there doesn’t seem to be anything unique enough about the WTs to make them less “buildable.” What am I missing?
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Following. The guy who had his wild track delivered with my BD waited 2 years for his to be built, I waited 9 months

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So black painted “bead locks” are the hold up?

There was a lot of talk about the overseas wheel supplier having issues with Sasquatch wheels the past few months.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WT comes standard with upper options, plus the 3.0 Hoss is in the mix. BL can have lower level options which frees it up somewhat.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WT comes standard with upper options, plus the 3.0 Hoss is in the mix. BL can have lower level options which frees it up somewhat.
That’s why I said “assuming the same constraints”

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got into a back and forth with my dealer about Wildtraks being less available for builds than Badlands. Anecdotally, I do see a lot of long waits for people with Wildtraks and Badlands but what would be holding up WTs over BLs? Assuming the same constraints, there doesn’t seem to be anything unique enough about the WTs to make them less “buildable.” What am I missing?
Nothing. This situation is manufactured by FORD. Plenty of nicely appointed BL's and WT's have been built. They have built over 120K Broncos. Do you think they are really not able to build your truck? I have been waiting nearly 800 days for my BL. These commodity and allocation issues are merely excuses at this point. FORD does not honor its reservation holders. They are manufacturing this crazy demand while taking a massive hit to their reputation which will affect them in the end.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For one SAS is a known constraint, and all Wild trak's are SAS equipped, Badlands is not. So you're comparison isn't apples to apples as they say.

Tactisquatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reserved 5/4/21
Ordered 6/8/21
Ordered again 11/10/21
Got a build date 9/26/22

doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason. Raptors ordered in March of this year are already being delivered. I am sure they have more options and features than my 4 door wildtrack. Some reservations from 2020 still not fulfilled.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For one SAS is a known constraint, and all Wild trak's are SAS equipped, Badlands is not. So you're comparison isn't apples to apples as they say.
Again, I was asking for reasons with the same constraints

Joetib07

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered a Wildtrak with all the constraints in 12/16/21, just got a email for a build week of 10/24, with that said I feel like I’m not out of the woods yet.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems to me the shit show that is @Ford Motor Company released them in batches. They started with the big bend line jumpers and ate up a lot of what they were calling constrained items. OBX and BD went next. This last round looked like finally Wildtraks and Badlands got pulled.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to me the shit show that is @Ford Motor Company released them in batches. They started with the big bend line jumpers and ate up a lot of what they were calling constrained items. OBX and BD went next. This last round looked like finally Wildtraks and Badlands got pulled.
That's not at all what happened.

As far as WT being delayed (as well as Squatch) it was allegedly due Covid lockdowns in China back in March that took the a particular wheel factory offline.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s why I said “assuming the same constraints”
Again, I was asking for reasons with the same constraints
There may not be anything holding back WTs over BLs with the same constraints. The larger number of BLs over WTs you're seeing would then be the ones that do not have those constraints. There are far more permutations of BL build that do not have all of the WT constraints than there are that do.
Sponsored