Sponsored

What’s actually holding up Wildtrak orders?

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hoss 3.0 is not a constraint. Ford wants the on the road since is is a nice profit bump. Good for Ford on this on.
That’s why I said “assuming the same constraints”
Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's not at all what happened.

As far as WT being delayed (as well as Squatch) it was allegedly due Covid lockdowns in China back in March that took the a particular wheel factory offline.
Believe what you want. I said “seems to me” and you said “allegedly”. I refuse to believe anything Ford has said because they change the rules and pretend this hasn’t been jacked up from the start. I just know from watching the release threads here that the trim levels seemed to be drawn in batches.
I’m aware of the tire story. The original hold up on Wildtraks was because we were the only trim not allowed to switch to soft tops. Except every mannequin back then was a Wildtrak soft top. We are also the only trim who now has to pay extra for what was standard when we first reserved and ordered. I think some trims had the same done with bumpers. I reserved and ordered one month after price protection cut off so I didn’t get the credit for Ford’s greed. I refused to drop any of the items Ford was calling a constraint because I was going to get the vehicle I wanted and wasn’t going to settle for less just so I could get it sooner.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Believe what you want.
It's not a matter of belief. Ford did not schedule models in the batches as you suggested. It is a small sample size but the data from our group shows better than a 50% combination of BL's and WT's every round of scheduling, resulting in 2/3's of the scheduled orders at our dealership for MY22.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine had every possible constraint, and was built and delivered in almost exactly 3 months. I’m assuming it was just a perfect mixture of very low reservation number and a dealer with a lot of open allocation, but I’m not really sure 🤷‍♂️ This was also back at the end of 2021 though. Ordered 10/21, delivered 1/22

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
while there are “constraints“ the real reason folks are waiting so long is Ford does not give a shit about customers! Ford cares about dealers! They clearly have favored deliveries to those dealers charging markups, not those offering discounts. The “allocation“ thing is why there are huge wait times!! Ford needs to build and deliver Broncos (they have parts for) in the order they were ordered!! Customers are not given information on “allocations” so they have no idea what dealer to order from and they should not have to deal with it!!
Sponsored