Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would like to see high altitude testing above 10,000 feet, so hoping to see the Broncos test in Colorado; maybe Black Bear?

Any guys from Colorado or other similar high altitude areas who can suggest some named spots?
They are turbos, will seriously outperform at altitude.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those switch backs going down on the back side of Black Bear look menacing on video with the drop off and how close you are to the ledge. Can anyone who’s driven it comment if it’s really as pucker butt in real life as it looks on video? Brad from Trailrecon said he probably would never drive it again! Is it fun or just one of those check the box trails?
With a shelf road over a drop high enough to turn your vehicle into a pile of wreckage it seems fairly self explanatory as far as "is it intimidating in real life". If you're not afraid of heights or a painful death, the answer is no.

Fun depends on you. Is going new places or looking at panoramic natural scenery fun to you? Would you only enjoy it if getting there imposed minimal risk? Is risk or challenge part of what makes looking at your hundredth mountain valley or billionth pine tree fun?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Broncos might enjoy a cross country trip to Jericho Mountain in New Hampshire. Our brothers and sisters within the Jeep community were successful to establishing the first 4X4 trail on public lands in New England. Interestingly, they request that no vehicle be allowed on the trail without a winch. Not sure how they would react to a harras of Broncos arriving.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If they were competing with the Defender, the next step would be winching up the Hoover Dam.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They need to tour it coast to coast, make the rest of America see it.

Why does the Left Coast and Texas have all the fun? xD

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They need to tour it coast to coast, make the rest of America see it.

Why does the Left Coast and Texas have all the fun? xD
Imagine being from Canada? Ha

Ive come to terms with the fact that the first Bronco I see in person might be mine.

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would be nice to see them testing here in interior Alaska this winter. See how they hold up in real world arctic environments that we deal with daily during the winter months.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The back side of Black Bear is definitely pucker butt material! I drove my two door 2005 MT Rubi on it back in 2015, having no previous knowledge of this trail, or how terrifying it can be for the uninformed. The ledge section is one way, so once on it good luck. Some of the switchbacks on the ledge section are so tight that I had to back up a couple times to negotiate them. Normally I kick my lockers out going down hill on tight sections for better steering, but on this trail I kept my rears engaged for a little extra drag. I would like to do it again.
Sounds like a place that Trail Turn would be really useful. (y)

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those switch backs going down on the back side of Black Bear look menacing on video with the drop off and how close you are to the ledge. Can anyone who’s driven it comment if it’s really as pucker butt in real life as it looks on video? Brad from Trailrecon said he probably would never drive it again! Is it fun or just one of those check the box trails?
pucker factor, maybe, depends who you ask lol. The switchbacks are not the intimidating piece, it's just above those on the stairs especially when slick form rain. Wife ran BB last fall in her GC trailhawk after watching me do it the first time. This was about 2 weeks after a guy in his 4runner flipped over and landed on his rtt which saved him from going over.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm with you brother .
Dude... Goose Bay? You don't stand a chance. Ha.

The Trans-Lab would be a cool place to run the Bronco though.

It's high on my list....run the Trans-Taiga and then the Trans-Lab on the long route back to my hometown in Nova Scotia.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine being from Canada? Ha

Ive come to terms with the fact that the first Bronco I see in person might be mine.
That's true, thought at least this ain't the dark ages without the intewebz where we had to wait for magazines to print things

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are turbos, will seriously outperform at altitude.
exactly, my 3.5 EB in the f150 hauls a** at any altitude and exactly why I turboed my 4.0 in the wrangler. With the turbo, the wrangler was awful with 4speed auto, 4.88s and 35" MT tires and extra weight of armor and skid plates. Turbos or supercharger make a world's different at altitude.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

time to take them to north carolina in the national park. lots of slippery mud and rocks to try to break the front diff on.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

time to take them to north carolina in the national park. lots of slippery mud and rocks to try to break the front diff on.
I would be all over going to chase them down LOL
Sponsored