Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's why the most retiree immigrants to FL come from NY and PA. But wait until Disney loses special status, they might just up and move to Georgia.
Disney has no bearing on any NY'er I know owning a home in FLA. I have never been or even thought of visiting Disney since I bought my 2nd home in FLA>

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's weird all the different ways we get taxed to death. But a property tax on a vehicle makes no sense whatsoever. If they consider that property, then you should get taxed on your TV yearly?

In Cali, we pay sales tax of course when you buy something. The rate varies depending on what county/city you LIVE in. (Not where you buy your vehicle).

Then every year, you pay a fee to the DMV, based on the value of your vehicle which slowly goes down each year. I don't know how much the Bronco will be, but my 2015 Jeep is about $450 per year right now.

Now When it comes to actual property taxes, that is based on your property (aka your house) And those are fairly reasonable..roughly 1%. However every property tax includes additional school taxes called Mela Roos (sp?) and those straight up rape you.

My Property tax yearly is $3K... But there is an addition $3K added for those School taxes. ( So 6k total)

Hell, between income tax, property tax, DMV tax, and Gas Tax, it probably breaks out to $1-2k per MONTH.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Disney has no bearing on any NY'er I know owning a home in FLA. I have never been or even thought of visiting Disney since I bought my 2nd home in FLA>
Just posing the potential economic impact if their special status as an autonomous "municipality" were revoked. Yes, they would pay more in local taxes to the local township to then provide all security and utilities, etc but I would suggest that Kissimmee and other surrounds might have trouble stepping up just to provide police and fire protection (even with increased funding) when those services would be stripped away from Disney on Disney property

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why the most retiree immigrants to FL come from NY and PA. But wait until Disney loses special status, they might just up and move to Georgia.
They won't, but a lot of people probably wouldn't mind that here.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Learn something new every day. Never knew this was a thing in some states. This country is weird.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The property tax on my house is less than that over in Tennessee.

Sponsored

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

it used to be that way in GA too. IT was based on the value of the vehicle and would be a few hundred $$ like this but would depreciate every year.

Now they just charge sales tax which might at $3-4k to the sales price of a new car up front instead and $25 tag renewal every year.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What I pay on each of my plates each year. Except my PW which is more.

Ford Bronco What’s everybody’s property tax? C6FF1AB3-4D5F-422D-A78C-5F92BA0432D5

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's weird all the different ways we get taxed to death. But a property tax on a vehicle makes no sense whatsoever. If they consider that property, then you should get taxed on your TV yearly?

In Cali, we pay sales tax of course when you buy something. The rate varies depending on what county/city you LIVE in. (Not where you buy your vehicle).

Then every year, you pay a fee to the DMV, based on the value of your vehicle which slowly goes down each year. I don't know how much the Bronco will be, but my 2015 Jeep is about $450 per year right now.

Now When it comes to actual property taxes, that is based on your property (aka your house) And those are fairly reasonable..roughly 1%. However every property tax includes additional school taxes called Mela Roos (sp?) and those straight up rape you.

My Property tax yearly is $3K... But there is an addition $3K added for those School taxes. ( So 6k total)

Hell, between income tax, property tax, DMV tax, and Gas Tax, it probably breaks out to $1-2k per MONTH.

Taxed on your TV. Yeah, that one is not funny. When I lived in Germany we received a tax bill based on all the electronics in the home and the potential for using energy. Now, of course we still had to pay for the energy when we used it.

I hate all the taxes it requires to own a vehicle. First you pay income tax on your income. Then you go buy a car with what's left and pay sales tax. Then each year you pay property tax, and in Arkansas an additional yearly registration fee. Then of course you pay highway taxes on gas if you can afford to drive it anywhere. It's really amazing how much you have to gross to own and operate a car.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Taxed on your TV. Yeah, that one is not funny. When I lived in Germany we received a tax bill based on all the electronics in the home and the potential for using energy. Now, of course we still had to pay for the energy when we used it.

I hate all the taxes it requires to own a vehicle. First you pay income tax on your income. Then you go buy a car with what's left and pay sales tax. Then each year you pay property tax, and in Arkansas an additional yearly registration fee. Then of course you pay highway taxes on gas if you can afford to drive it anywhere. It's really amazing how much you have to gross to own and operate a car.
Wow...no kidding! To get you coming and going!
Sponsored