arouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Manual w/ Premium Package
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi,

I was just wondering what people on here thought about the Bronco Sport since I’m guessing most people here are interested in the regular Bronco.

I like it with the caveat that it’s a lot smaller of a SUV than I’m used to. The last SUV I owned was a Toyota 4Runner to put it into perspective. I guess what I’m trying to figure out is if you guys like the Bronco Sport or just not interested bc it’s basically a more boxy looking Ford Escape and on a car based frame. I drive a Mustang right now but want a second vehicle to do outdoor stuff but I’m not a hard core off-reader.
Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks fast, but not fast enough.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to consider it, partially because the width of the full size Bronco is gonna be tight in my condo's parking space. Annoying to have to squeeze in every time.

But, the main thing will be sitting in both.

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Needs more ground clearance. Without the top trim that gives you extra ground clearance, an 18k Mitsubishi Outlander Sport has more ground clearance stock at 8.5"

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If these two trucks came out five years ago I'd be all over the Sport. It's a solid little package and really all I need at a good price compared to the big bronco. My wife drives an Escape that we've been mostly happy with other than its 2wd. The Sport is just a way better Escape. It just doesn't look as great as the big Bronco.

Now that I can stretch my budget a bit I want the real deal. My wife and I have been driving used cars under $4000 our whole life. I said I was never going to buy a brand new car but then the Bronco came around.

captchathis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it. Reminds me of the early 2000's Subaru Forester before they exploded in size. I'm just not shopping for a car in that segment, so the regular Bronco is closer to what I'm looking for.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I prefer the 'real' Bronco. But I think they look good, that base 1.5L engine is too small, IMO.

Sponsored

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm very interested in it. I currently have a reservation for a Bronco, but with the headache of a process that ordering the stupid thing is I'm tempted to just forget it. I want a unicorn 2-door base trim manual Bronco, so I'm more or less going to have to order one, whereas I can just browse the Bronco Sport selection on the dealer lot.

I'm also not a fan of the 2.3L being direct injection only. The 1.5L in the sport has port/direct, is likely to get much better fuel economy, and will be fine for how much off-roadworthiness I actually need.

But... it's still a bit disappointing in base trim with such low ground clearance. I'd want the badlands model, and then a stripper-trim big Bronco is cheaper and has way more badass factor. No manual is boring. The extra money saved versus a Sport Badlands would cover the potential cost of dealing with carbon buildup issues on the 2.3L, or would buy a set of wheels/tires to replace the dopey steelies and all season tires on the base Bronco.

Oooorrr.. I could just buy a Subaru Crosstrek, abandon all the cool factor, and with the saved $10k I could buy a canoe, dirt bike, some mean looking 15inch wheels and all terrain tires.

I don't know. Plenty of time to think about it while I'm cooped up inside the coronabunker.

srae321

Big Bend
First Name
Shawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like it. If the 2 door wasn't going to be in my price range, I was going to get the sport. I think its a great option for someone that wants a smaller suv, but the boxier-sportier style. That's why I'm still driving my 2009 ford escape. They've kept making suvs more compact and curvy , and I just don't like it. I've been waiting for more boxy types to come back in to popularity and I think now's the time.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No interest. For me, it’s the classic “FSB” 2DB, no 4DB or 4DBS.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Might consider it if dealer ADM's are to high on Bronco. The Bronco Sport configutor is up also very interesting.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a cute little SUV perfect as a first car or for something a bit off road sporty for young adults without the financial means to get into something a bit more serious. Perfect "entry level" vehicle for outdoorsy stuff that don't need to do hard core wheeling

As an old fat bald guy I'm going to need the real thing. I plan to give my Bronco to my current 11 year old in 5 years. If I just can't bring myself to do it at that time I could see a used Bronco Sport as the perfect first car.
Sponsored