First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like it and I think it's Land Rover-esque styling will appeal to many. It will make a nice replacement for the wife's Flex sometime in the future. Although, I wish it was a little bigger and had a 3rd row option. Maybe by the time I pay of this new Bronco the line-up will have expanded.
To me, the Sport is a 2001-2010 Escape. I was hoping it would be a bit bigger, but now I wonder if I will have to move up to the Explorer (never been excited about the Explorer :-(

If the size is good for someone, the Bronco sport looks great. I don’t need a 3rd seat but a little more space all around.

I really like the looks of the Bronco, but I don’t foresee ever taking the doors or roof off.
Sponsored

ezrod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Blazer, Slingshot, Harley Electra glide
Your Bronco Model
Base
compare it to the jeep compass. i wouldn't buy one of those either, with the sales of the escape plummeting by approx 10k this year ( I think I read about 20 k sold down from 30K last year ) ford need to find a replacement this is a good try. face it there is a small market for the small suv. most of them are 2wd or fwd.

jhtolatc

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s just fine. It’ll provide great competition for the Compass and Subarus. Totally different market than the 2-dr/4-dr Bronco and that’s fine.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think that you need different Broncos for different people, price points, and use. The Bronco Sport is not for me, but I can see it has an appeal to a lot of people who are looking for something smaller than the Bronco but don't want a Subaru.

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m obsessed with the Bronco. As far as the Bronco Sport, to me it’s just another ”mid’ sized SUV that I will never buy.

Sponsored

ezrod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Blazer, Slingshot, Harley Electra glide
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got kicked off there site because i called it a soccer mom vehicle. lol, heck i was just being honest,
and the three cyl. Oh my . i would really be scared of that. might be the greatest engine that ever came out. but i will never know that's for sure. for that segment might be the greatest thing that ever happened.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally, my man-hood is not dependent upon ground clearance, or engine displacement. My kids don’t play soccer, and I’m not a “mom.” Lol

IMO Ford realized they screwed up the Escape by making it less and less truck-like. As Doug Demuro said, Ford probably emasculated the Escape even more this year to make room for the Bronco sport. :)

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My first reaction was....... why?

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
“My first reaction was....... why?” haha!

That was my first reaction when this....became ....that!

6C55B1AC-FA02-479E-A8E1-DF78788FFD1B.jpeg

73400D56-2089-4D42-BFFC-38FCB2191ECF.jpeg

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“My first reaction was....... why?” haha!

That was my first reaction when this....became ....that!

Ford Bronco What’s everyone’s take on the Bronco Sport 73400D56-2089-4D42-BFFC-38FCB2191ECF

Ford Bronco What’s everyone’s take on the Bronco Sport 73400D56-2089-4D42-BFFC-38FCB2191ECF
I own a 2008 Escape.... I had seen these other Escapes around and honestly didn't realize that's what they were.

My Escape is a fine vehicle. I don't have a strong affinity for it but there's nothing wrong with it. These new Escapes though...yikes they're ugly.

Sponsored

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oooorrr.. I could just buy a Subaru Crosstrek, abandon all the cool factor, and with the saved $10k I could buy a canoe, dirt bike, some mean looking 15inch wheels and all terrain tires.

I don't know. Plenty of time to think about it while I'm cooped up inside the coronabunker.
And the Suburu’s are for hers and hers? :ROFLMAO: Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

WHY IS SUBARU ASSOCIATED WITH LESBIANS?
This isn't just stereotype, its an ad campaign
About a year ago, without the Bronco coming, I could say that my next vehicle would have been the Onyx edition Outback, except for...

1) The damn CVTs that Subaru won't budge on.

2) The assumptions that are made about Subaru drivers. While there are plenty of them here in CA, there are several distinct demographics that are associated with them.. which are all fine, but I'm not a part of those demographics...

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like it and I think it's Land Rover-esque styling will appeal to many. It will make a nice replacement for the wife's Flex sometime in the future. Although, I wish it was a little bigger and had a 3rd row option. Maybe by the time I pay of this new Bronco the line-up will have expanded.
It's a Discovery Sport for $38 loaded instead of $50k.

And you have to remember, for the interior space of the Bronco vs Bronco Sport, they're about the same. It could be argued that if you have to carry stuff occasionally, the Sport is far more practical. Life is not just rock climbing, especially if you live in LA like I do.

The Sport Badlands +Badlands Package is very appealing to me.. even if I can't rockcrawl in it... :D

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am waiting until I can physically see and climb in a Bronco, and a Bronco sport.....see which one is bigger on the inside, then compare them with a...a....an Explorer :-/

Personally I wouldn't order anything sight unseen.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am waiting until I can physically see and climb in a Bronco, and a Bronco sport.....see which one is bigger on the inside, then compare them with a...a....an Explorer :-/

Personally I wouldn't order anything sight unseen.
From the specs, they're damn near identical inside, especially for the driver. and let's be honest, if you want to carry stuff, Sport is more practical.

But yeah, either way, I'm not pre-ordering until I can sit inside one, and get my wife to sit inside as well. (Now if I can move to NM in a few years, or CO, then a Sport and a full size Bronco might be in the driveway... :D )
Sponsored