First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I got converted from MY21 to MY22 and we got price protection at that time. Now, converted order to MY23 but didn’t see anything from Ford or dealer on price protection. Technically I should by getting MY21 price. But order sheet cereals showed several thousands increase as the base models all went up. What does anyone know about price protections for us who patiently wait now 2.5+ years?
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will tell you the exact amount after a VIN is created. Then it will be in Smart VIncent for the dealer to apply to your sale.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nobody knows for certain.

The general understanding/expectation is, you will have a certificate in SmartVincent (like the MY21 to 22 certificate) . The MY22 certificate will be canceled, because you didn't take possession on a 22

If (when) there is a mid-year price increase then it's up in the air, but probably the same Retail Price Protection scheme as last time.

How much price protection is supposed to be based on what you had on order in March of 22.

Based on Ford's very evasive wording, it's still unclear on exactly who gets price protection. It could easily be only those who had a reservation in before March 19th 2021.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What will be interesting is what they do about the WT because now HOSS is included with a $3,000 price increase.

I'll be happy for those that get it, but piss at ford if they give it away for free!

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I was told my my dealer is that there will be an apples to apples true up from the stated '23 price to the price protected '21 price. Anything I adds to their build (such as adding SAS if it wasn't on your original build) is added at current retail pricing. Changes in body style (2dr to 4dr or change from base to other model) negates price protection. Changes in paint color does not affect price protection. Also for features/options that changed from '21 to '23 such as HD modular bumper on badlands should be price protected, but will be handled via credit certificate.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There was also mention of a 'private offer' from Ford..... wonder if this will replace the refund voucher/certificate system used till now?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I was told my my dealer is that there will be an apples to apples true up from the stated '23 price to the price protected '21 price. Anything I adds to their build (such as adding SAS if it wasn't on your original build) is added at current retail pricing. Changes in body style (2dr to 4dr or change from base to other model) negates price protection. Changes in paint color does not affect price protection. Also for features/options that changed from '21 to '23 such as HD modular bumper on badlands should be price protected, but will be handled via credit certificate.
That is not what Long Mcarthur (FordVideoGuy here) has been saying. He is on top of things and is their internet sales manager. Check his video for the elusive PP details. You can make major changes being it's a new year.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check the video at the end- around the 11:30 mark. The host here is claiming that you are price protected from your original order time even with changes to your order going into MY23. This would be important to know. I posted in the Granger thread but no response.

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is not what Long Mcarthur (FordVideoGuy here) has been saying. He is on top of things and is their internet sales manager. Check his video for the elusive PP details. You can make major changes being it's a new year.
Thats interesting regarding price protection if you change models. Not what I heard or read. What's also spurious is he references the Wildtrack price protection. I thought I also read an announcement from Ford saying that the Wild track isn't "price protected" due to the new Hoss 3.0. Because that's a new feature that'd not optional that'd an increased cost for the Wildtrack. Maybe it's a bad example, but he's technically not 100% accurate there. (Based I what I think I remember I read)....) So, I'm back to not knowing what to believe.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats interesting regarding price protection if you change models. Not what I heard or read. What's also spurious is he references the Wildtrack price protection. I thought I also read an announcement from Ford saying that the Wild track isn't "price protected" due to the new Hoss 3.0. Because that's a new feature that'd not optional that'd an increased cost for the Wildtrack. Maybe it's a bad example, but he's technically not 100% accurate there. (Based I what I think I remember I read)....) So, I'm back to not knowing what to believe.
This process seems bass backward. You put in your order and then Ford will figure out what he price protection amount is? Seems like Ford should at least give some general guidance on the process because that might impact what you decide to order. And why is the only source of information a dealer in the middle of Kansas? McArthur Ford has been pretty reliable with their information, but this should be official communication from @Ford Motor Company.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A good example of this is the Heritage Edition, the Ford FAQs specifically address that we can switch without losing all price protection. Now what that formula is going to be comparing different trims and in my case from '21 to a trim just now exists and what that number will be I don't know but the FAQs state they'll release information later. When is later? Don't know.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely agree in that this info should of been released before you ordered a '23 due to possibly impacting your decision. The new FAQs are not clear at all and just add to the confusion. The part about not being able to give an exact PP amount until a VIN is generated though makes sense since you can change your order up until that happens. Should be an aprox amount available though to help with decision making.

I trust him over others that heard a lot of BS answers from their dealers. Just look at the confusion when reordering. It wasn't rocket science yet some dealers played dumb or actually are that dumb. I lean toward they play the game since they would be out of business if indeed that stupid.

I changed my order completely and what happens happens. Have no faith that it will be built anyway. Look at how many '22 orders got filled today while the old '20 reservations still sit in limbo. Ford created the whole mess with the reservations. They need to fix the issue that was no fault of the people that reserved early.

MTinPA

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check the video at the end- around the 11:30 mark. The host here is claiming that you are price protected from your original order time even with changes to your order going into MY23. This would be important to know. I posted in the Granger thread but no response.

I sent Tim (@FordVideoGuy) a follow-up email concerning his statement about switching series and still being price protected. I have not heard back from him, but he does host live streaming events every week so that might be the best way to get more info. There's nothing else on Ford's website or any other forum that seems to corroborate this.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sent Tim (@FordVideoGuy) a follow-up email concerning his statement about switching series and still being price protected. I have not heard back from him, but he does host live streaming events every week so that might be the best way to get more info. There's nothing else on Ford's website or any other forum that seems to corroborate this.
Well, it's par for the course from FORD and, I'm sad to say, the dealers. I cannot believe how blatant the disrespect is for the reservation holders.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He repeated it again this week on the live stream. Said when converting from a '22 to a '23, you were allowed the changes unlike during the model year. I had emailed him after the first video and he confirmed what was said. My guess is that Ford has been quiet because they probably don't want everyone playing musical chairs with their order configurations so they can better gauge what parts are needed to get caught up.

Here is the video from this week. I set it to start where he talks about the Bronco PP since the entire video is 2 1/2 hours long.

Sponsored