Sponsored

What’s likely going on in this video? Liquid dripping from under my Bronco. (Solved) DEALER CONFIRMED CONDENSATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both of ours do this. I think it’s a terrible design to dump the condensation on top of the trans. How much could it really cost to run a drain to one side?

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford got under it and said everything was fine. They said this is all condensation. He said it’s so hot here and the AC is so cold, it’s completely normal.
Well, at least now you know and that‘s a relief. Guess there‘s so much raw under there that it creates extra condensation and rust, which really doesn’t bother me as long as it’s on the surface.

braften

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco. goodbye accord, you served well
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

seems like a lot for the ac, but if your coolant level is staying the same, then its definitely just normal AC function and probably picking up some dirt as it drips. any older cars in my part of the rust belt, it can be little unnerving seeing the puddle on a hot summer day, but I have yet to see it actually be coolant. I'd also suspect any actual coolant leaks to form closer to the radiator. Ford must've slapped a big compressor on the bronco.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow ok. As long as it’s “normal” I’m fine. I’m just hoping there isn’t a leak or a crack.
"Rust" assured, there is zero room temperature liquid internal to the AC system other than compressor oil. The replacement of freon, like freon, is a gas and if leaking, leaks as a gas not a liquid. The passenger volume of your Bronco is at least half again greater , maybe twice, as any plain car with same AC system. It works hard and works very well.

Water from vehicle can only be condensate or coolant, and if ypu tasted it you would know coolant from condensate

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both of ours do this. I think it’s a terrible design to dump the condensation on top of the trans. How much could it really cost to run a drain to one side?
Maybe there is a drain hose and missing in action. You can find where it drains from inside the vehicle (drain line on my LR3 would plug up and dump water on the floor) snake a length of string trimmer line found through and see exactly where it comes out underneath. Feed your own dump hose through there that fits snug at top or now you know where to install a diverter

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had my bronco for 3 days and noticed there were LARGE puddles of what appears to be brownish color water pooling for as long as AC is running. So I got my phone out, turned on AC and looked underneath. Within 30 seconds saw this large drip coming from multiple locations along whatever piece this shiny part is. Taking tonford later today but was hoping someone could give me their opinion before I get there?

The fluid has a yellow/orange tint to me. I would guess radiator.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I live near you and I've had that much condensation before of my last two vehicles. We have a mostly dry climate, but last couple of weeks have been monsoonal and more humid than normal, so seeing this kind of run off happens more during certain times of the year or different weather patterns. The first time I was looking closer at it too, but you'll get use to it.

On a really hot and humid day you'd be surprise to see how much runs out from under the car.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Late to the game but it is condensation from the AC and it drips on your catalytic converter. I noticed it early on when I drove the dealer demo and every demo after that also displayed the same behavior.

Can't bode well for the cat long term.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did dab my finer tip in it and tastes like water. The brown I guess could be from picking up dust or dirt as it rolls down.

0C04D8C8-16B9-4DF4-84A8-DE2969FDAE29.jpeg
this thread is unbelievable.

1. It’s obviously A/C condensate as you stated in your very first post it only happens when you run the a/c

2. regardless of any suggestions that you may receive from random strangers on the internet, Please DO NOT “TASTE” ANYTHING THAT YOU FIND LEAKING OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE!!!

Last edited:

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that’s what I figured when I first noticed it. But doesn’t that seem excessive?
it does seem excessive, on mine sitting in crowded parking lot a guy told me i was leaking something, i was lucky enough to sell that Bronco and got another and it sends out A LOT of condensation too, i guess thats how they are!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.