Sponsored

What’s the best aftermarket rear bumper out there?

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority of collisions in which I have been involved, have consisted of me being rear-ended. I'm going to be interested in putting the toughest rear bumper on my Bronco that I can get.

But something has occurred to me, that might make that moot.

It seems that the rearmost extension of a Bronco is the spare tire, mounted to the back door. No matter how good a bumper I have on the back, if it doesn't stick out farther than the spare tire, then it is the spare tire which is likely to take the impact in a rear-end collision; resulting in damage to the rear door.

Is there any aftermarket bumper that take this into consideration, which extends far enough back to protect the spare tire/rear door?
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That looks great! Quick question, as it seems you swapped out the MOD bumper for the 4WP bumper, does that bolt on to these green brackets as shown in the picture? (Your Bronco would have had the vertical facing tow points rather than these horizontal loops) My goal is to figure out if could swap my intercooler brackets (the green part) with someone that had a Mod bumper and upgraded to an aftermarket - you need the other bracket style in order to fit the Mod bumper and I don't want to do any cutting.
Ford Bronco What’s the best aftermarket rear bumper out there? 1635255779991

TXArea51

Big Bend
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for reply, the front bumper was a breeze and it did come with dummy plugs but they were loose. As the rear I installed sensors and used those plugs for front bumper and they fit perfect.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm trying to go from standard plastic bumper to MOD bumper. Did you install yourself or have the dealer do it?

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will be looking for a rear bumper as well. I really like the ADD but the 4WP is a close 2nd. 4WP is a lot cheaper which is nice. Only thing I don’t like the rear license plate relocation.

may be a dumb question but is 4WP one of the ford approved mods that can be ordered from ford and dealer installed? For some reason I feel like it is but I am probably wrong.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority of collisions in which I have been involved, have consisted of me being rear-ended. I'm going to be interested in putting the toughest rear bumper on my Bronco that I can get.

It seems that the rearmost extension of a Bronco is the spare tire, mounted to the back door. No matter how good a bumper I have on the back, if it doesn't stick out farther than the spare tire, then it is the spare tire which is likely to take the impact in a rear-end collision; resulting in damage to the rear door.

Is there any aftermarket bumper that take this into consideration, which extends far enough back to protect the spare tire/rear door?
It's just now occurred to me to wonder if I could make something out of Unistrut or similar material, that would attach to the frame of the Bronco, and extend far enough past the back of the vehicle to protect the spare tire and the door from a rear-end collision. Perhaps I could even incorporate some assembly of springs/dampers, or whatever into it, to absorb any impact, to minimize any damage to this structure or to whatever hits it.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:unsure:
Couple of points, one on the spare... I like to delete the spare, gets rid of the weight and I keep my tires good enough so as to date I've never had a problem needing that spare.
Secondly; as an avid off-roader I like solid bumpers...however in a collision it is much more likely to warp the frame totaling the vehicle...
just my 2 pennies

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No Bronco yet but I really like my LOD rear bumper on my Jeep as it uses the bumper to hold the spare and removes the weight rom the rear door. I think they are in the process of coming up with one for the Bronco. It also articulates with the rear door. With my old Scout I would open the tailgate to get something and forget to latch it back.
Sponsored