Sponsored

What’s wrong with the factory installed which?

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s really wrong with the factory installed Warn Zeno 10 winch? Good brand, reliable install with a Bronco/Ford mounting solution (assuming it matches the photo below).

The retail price of the winch is $1200 ( https://www.warn.com/zeon-10-winch-88990 ), plus a Warn mounting system is close to another $1000. Add a few hours of labor and a Ford warranty, and you’re close to $2500 with NO aftermarket hassle or waiting for vendors to get mounting systems designed or fabricated (and baked into your financing).

if you're NOT getting the front camera and don’t need to debate synthetic v. steel, what am I missing?
Ford Bronco What’s wrong with the factory installed which? 08BDBD6C-4BDC-478F-AEC6-9AF75DBB41E1
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I think the whole setup is overpriced. I want the winch mount but I’m not paying stupid money (double the price) for a “Ford performance” winch. Give me the Badlands from HF any day. I’ve used them and the RC winches for years. Same performance for 1/4 of the price.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting to see the price for the mount alone before I commit, otherwise I’ll go aftermarket.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is nothing wrong with the winch. It’s a good model with a factory mount. Peeps here are just hard to please, or I’m too easy...

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going after market, the Quadratec Q stealth winch has been on my runner for a while, used a dozen times and looks and works great, $600 for synthetic line and wireless remote. I am not paying thru the nose for a marked up product.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some also like an integrated winch like the one they offered on a tremor package I believe. But that package cost even more I think.

It isn't horrible to get it done up front IMO by Ford

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to remember I get z plan and the dealer install is included. Might make the price more reasonable. As it stands, it is expensive and I want the lightest which I can get (including synthetic rope) that is adequate. It’s a horrible spot to add weight. I am also not a huge fan of how “bolt on” the factory mount is.

Last edited:

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone know the potential weight addition for whole kit is? I’ve never had one; strongly considering this one even though I think it sticks WAY farther out than I’d like. Will other aftermarket options be more tucked?

Sponsored

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once a mount is made or available I will order a Smittybuilt X20 10K winch, synthetic cable and remote controlled for $600.00. Have one on my 17' 350 and works like a charm for a fraction of the price. The Ford package is rediculously overpriced at $2500 and are you getting a winch that is 2X the price of other models. Doubt it!

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Warn Zeon winch is a very good winch. Much better then a HF model I’m sorry not comparable. BUT if you plan on using it only a few times (if at all) HF winches are just fine. I dunno. I think the setup is nice but maybe their will be a less costly way to mount it to the vehicle.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have mentioned before the HF winch worked 100s of times for me. However, the winch was slower than a Warn at four times the price, but adding a minute to its operation was money well spent on the HF. Furthermore, I will go synthetic line as mentioned above. I may go for the Q Stealth. Something else to be concerned with and that is theft for any winch. I recommend ping-welding the mounting nuts and or expertly welding some strap steel around the mounting points to keep your winch on your vehicle. Yes, winches do get stolen along with any other gear. Just saying.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Warn Zeon winch is a very good winch. Much better then a HF model I’m sorry not comparable. BUT if you plan on using it only a few times (if at all) HF winches are just fine. I dunno. I think the setup is nice but maybe their will be a less costly way to mount it to the vehicle.
I agree with you that Warn winches are great winches. However, keep in mind HF winches are made by winch companies and not HF. When I had my HF 8K winch it was a Milemarker and it was a workhorse. Not sure who makes them now.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are giving up some approach angle with this set up as well. Aftermarket will have many more options for similar or less money after a short time. Personally I am holding out for a Warn 8274, hands down my favorite winch.
Sponsored