Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I built and priced a base 2 door Bronco with Sasquatch. The cost didn't warrant what I get for my money. I've been waiting for the Bronco for 5 years. Kind of heartbreaking.
I'm going with Ranger extended cab XLT with FX4 package. Possibly a leveling kit. It'll do I anything I need need it to do, plus I'll have room to actually take fishing/hunting/camping with me. This video sold me on the FX4, and forgot about a Bronco......
Which model did you build out?

I was all for a manual 2D Badlands or Black Diamond but arrived at the same conclusion you did..... I can get a whole hell of a lot more vehicle for $46 to 50k by going several different routes.
Tacoma , 4runner, Ranger ... even a "loaded" F250 XL crew cab with the 7.3L FX4 is cheaper. ( No new diesels for me...no way....nothing but trouble brewing with those)

Then I priced out a 2D BaseManSquatch and found the value leader of the bunch, and it will work for me. Only thing I can't get is heated seats and hitch and I can do both of those myself.

Surprisingly, or maybe not, the F150 I built was HUGE $$$$$ ....again, the more capable, better equipped F250 was cheaper.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My backup bronco plan is base bronco + squatch (probably) and then aftermarket all the other things. It's kinda sad that options are so limited on packages and interior but i bet we will be able to individually add better quality options than fomoco in the next 18-24 months.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which model did you build out?

I was all for a manual 2D Badlands or Black Diamond but arrived at the same conclusion you did..... I can get a whole hell of a lot more vehicle for $46 to 50k by going several different routes.
Tacoma , 4runner, Ranger ... even a "loaded" F250 XL crew cab with the 7.3L FX4 is cheaper. ( No new diesels for me...no way....nothing but trouble brewing with those)

Then I priced out a 2D BaseManSquatch and found the value leader of the bunch, and it will work for me. Only thing I can't get is heated seats and hitch and I can do both of those myself.

Surprisingly, or maybe not, the F150 I built was HUGE $$$$$ ....again, the more capable, better equipped F250 was cheaper.
Both an XL and XLT. Likely just get an XL. I don't need all that fancy XLT stuff. I don't even want the stuff that comes on an XL lol. I want metal floor, metal ceiling, am/FM radio, crank windows, and manual locking hubs.
I may splurge a bit, and get a black XLT with the blackout package.......sweet looking ride!!!
XLT FX4 blackout package.......dollar wise I'm still a lot cheaper than a base Bronco with Sasquatch.

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The new Willy’s Gladiator looks like a phenomenal value for the price.
If only they gave it the Sarge Green color option ! .. offered on the wrangler willys but not the gladiator, also no LED light option unlike the Wrangler willys it is standard ..

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Both an XL and XLT. Likely just get an XL. I don't need all that fancy XLT stuff. I don't even want the stuff that comes on an XL lol. I want metal floor, metal ceiling, am/FM radio, crank windows, and manual locking hubs.
I may splurge a bit, and get a black XLT with the blackout package.......sweet looking ride!!!
XLT FX4 blackout package.......dollar wise I'm still a lot cheaper than a base Bronco with Sasquatch.
If you are looking to buy new, the STX Special Edition Package gets you a nice looking truck with some nice upgrades on the XL.

https://www.motor1.com/news/445387/2021-ford-ranger-stx/

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mostly backing up out of my driveway, but plan to also backup in other places too!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, honest question, who else is impatient and looking at other things? Not pulling any trigger's until my birthday (12/12), but after that Mustang test drive...

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, honest question, who else is impatient and looking at other things? Not pulling any trigger's until my birthday (12/12), but after that Mustang test drive...
I'm looking mostly at F-150, but will wait to see what my Bronco is like and then decide or if the black modular top pushes delivery beyond August.

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The interior for the Badlands doesn't impress me. Although I am locked in, this will be a vehicle I plan on driving until the wheels fall off ???

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

same as someone else in this thread, put the stick in reverse and gtfo

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Backup plan? Cancel reservation, save my money and prepare for a dark winter. Play with the toys I already have
Sponsored