Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm all in on Bronco. However timing will play a big part. I want my 4runner paid off before I buy the Bronco- so I'm looking at June of 2022. I only fear the supply at that time... If I don't follow through with reservation- what will the supply chain look like in 2022. Will they be readily available or will demand cause a delay? Too many unknowns at this point.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am actually cutting in front of my wife in the new vehicle line. My daily is '16 King Ranch and hers is a '13 Flex. However, the Bronco is going to replace our weekend warrior, '13 Jeep JKU Moab edition.

As her ride has low miles for the year (70k) and completely loaded (one of the first cars with adaptive cruise) she is okay with it. But, if for some reason the Bronco deal falls through then the Flex gets replaced with a Lincoln Aviator.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'd probably wait longer and keep our aging jetta tdi. maybe a used defender will drop in price. maybe there will be a MY update or a clean off 2 year lease that i can get. thats about it. ranger is too expensive, pickups are too big. maybe a volvo v90 cross country.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure, I am pretty much all in on a Bronco replacing my Mazda when the lease is up

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My backup plan is to keep what I already have. Buying the Bronco is a lifestyle choice for Wife and I, not a necessity.
same with me I'll keep the GT350, I want a Bronco, but if I have to re gear it, buy new tires, and new springs then reprogram the ecu just to run 33's I will pass

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My plan for the next few years before the Bronco was announced:

- Replace current DD with a 2017 MKZ 3.0 EcoBoost with the driver's package. Daily driver, sweet EcoBoost power (400hp/400tq), AWD for all-weather dominance.
- Sell Cougar and buy 2008-2010 Explorer Sport Trac with the V8. Add lockers and 31s. Perfect for family camping, tooling around offroad, a small bed for hauling mulch or other junk from Home Depot, can tow 7100lbs. Good V8 noises (hilariously the 4.6 3V makes 292hp/315tq, about the same as the 2.3 in the Bronco).
- Stick shift convertible for the wife. She's wanted something fun to cruise in top down, like a Z4 or Miata.

Total cost ~$35k.

But then the Bronco was announced, and I could have all of those vehicles in one - sweet V6 EcoBoost power, some utility, family camping, hauling junk, towing, and a topless stick shift. All for about what I was going to spend on three separate vehicles.

With the V6/stick combo, it was a no-brainer absolutely gonna do it. Since I can only get the stick with the 2.3, that means my daily is much slower. Not necessarily slow, just slower than what I have now. Sounds less fun. And since they haven't committed to it towing any more than 3500lbs., it can't pull a racecar on a trailer.

So maybe I just stick with my old plan for the same price.

Deleted member 3063

Was planning on keeping what I have anyway so no hardship. Ranger Raptor in the future, who knows.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly the Cybertruck isn't necessarily off the table fully yet either. I'm still really interested in seeing what it'll be capable of. Bronco seems to be more reasonable from a cost perspective but I definitely still find myself enamored with that big stainless Tesla. It'll probably be a year or two before I'm able to pull the trigger regardless, so I've got plenty of time to see what's what.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So obviously some people are unhappy with the choices Ford has made.. ranging from interior colors, manual trans availability to potential lacking sufficient rear a/c vents.

If you don’t go with a Bronco, what is your alternative vehicle choice?
My alternative was to be an early 70s Bronco with 35s and a V8....but they have gotten so expensive and the new Bronco has exceeded expectations.

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been in my Camaro SS for almost 6 years and have been wanting to get something more off-road oriented for awhile now. The roughly year wait is a struggle. It's a daily battle not to settle for a Jeep I can have now but know that I won't be happy with as the Bronco checks off all the boxes of things I don't like about a Wrangler. I'd actually planned on buying a Jeep or ZR2 this summer and burning off the excess vacation my work has been riding me to use.
The year wait is going to be tough, but I think it will be worth it. I test drove or had as a rental over 20 vehicles in the last 18 months. None of them impressed me enough to want to buy one, even the Wrangler.

TheNavDad

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Walk in to the same dealer and probably get a Ranger Fx4, my truck is getting a bit old.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco IS my backup plan so I'm 99% sure I'll get it. Just hoping the timing lines up perfectly (like that ever happens) when my Audi lease is up next spring. Honestly was thinking I'd get the new Defender but Land Rover really shit the bed with that one. They must be looking at the Bronco and saying "Bloody hell!" If life happens and I don't get a Bronco I'll keep my wife's car as my DD and try and find a deal on a Macan S or 911. Really hoping it doesn't come to that.

Mxr515

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, Jeep JK, Subaru Crosstrek, 87 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco is for the wife so if no Bronco, she'll likely move to another Crosstrek.

Shyrax

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another Tahoe.
Sponsored