First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Music is a important part. Another thing i need is a water resistant sound system. But yeah if some one turns on bing crosby i can jump out faster with no seatbelt on. But yeah i was born in 84 and watched all that comfort tech be released as i grew up. I honestly stopped caring about that stuff soon after i started driving. To me the car itself is the toy, i dont care for it to have more toys inside of it especially if car get a watered down ride in the process. As for the "youll like when its broke argument", i dont really want broken stuff i never needed. I dont want any broken stuff. I want components to be described as solid and reliable. This is a bronco not a minivan/crossover. I also dont plan on gettig rid of it when for releases another car with a bigger tv screen in it. Also you cant win me over with seat massagers, thats what TSL Boggers are for!
Sponsored

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All this talk about the new engines of today putting out more power then years past, And how it out performs yesterday’s vehicles, I have to ask, what is the power to weight ratio? If your comparing it to a 20 year old vehicle or even older, those weight difference could be significant. I think the weight to power ratio, is a better way to prove or disprove your point on how the performance of the vehicle is realized.

Just a thought, but I’m too lazy to do the homework.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All this talk about the new engines of today putting out more power then years past, And how it out performs yesterday’s vehicles, I have to ask, what is the power to weight ratio? If your comparing it to a 20 year old vehicle or even older, those weight difference could be significant. I think the weight to power ratio, is a better way to prove or disprove your point on how the performance of the vehicle is realized.

I can say in a mustang, a fox body hatch maybe around 3400 lbs. w/ 225 HP but a new one I'm guessing around 4600lbs .... with what 465 HP ??

So yes horsepower is up but so is the weight because of better crash protection. Hp is higher but also MPG are better as well. because of all the gadgetry. As with anything nowadays there are many variables when trying to compare things from the past to things of today. Technology has played a BIG role in our vehicles from then to now. Numbers were underrated for insurance back then a 428CJ might be rated at 335 HP but was more like 410.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

If you are comparing power to weight of an old iron block V8 compared to a new all aluminum twin turbo V6, it's going to be even more skewed in favor of the new engine than just looking at raw hp numbers
2.7 Ecoboost: 440lbs, 325hp
351 Windsor: 510lbs, 220hp gross, probably <200 net

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can say in a mustang, a fox body hatch maybe around 3400 lbs. w/ 225 HP but a new one I'm guessing around 4600lbs .... with what 465 HP ??

So yes horsepower is up but so is the weight because of better crash protection. Hp is higher but also MPG are better as well. because of all the gadgetry. As with anything nowadays there are many variables when trying to compare things from the past to things of today. Technology has played a BIG role in our vehicles from then to now. Numbers were underrated for insurance back then a 428CJ might be rated at 335 HP but was more like 410.
A 2020 Mustang GT has a curb weight listed at 3,705 lbs. Still heavier, but not that much

Sponsored

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

With those figures the Fox body is 15 lbs per HP, the new one is 9 lbs per HP. So that’s about 60% less weight per HP on the new mustang, and that should feel faster. Which I’m sure it has a better 1/4 mile time.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A 2020 Mustang GT has a curb weight listed at 3,705 lbs. Still heavier, but not that much

OH, I could have sworn I saw the were in the porkier side now. Must have been an article comparing the 'stang to a challenger or camaro, and they were 4600. I could have done the google search thing before I answered but, as usual, I thought I knew what I was talking about. :LOL:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OH, I could have sworn I saw the were in the porkier side now. Must have been an article comparing the 'stang to a challenger or camaro, and they were 4600. I could have done the google search thing before I answered but, as usual, I thought I knew what I was talking about. :LOL:
Oh, yeah, the Challengers are porkers. 4600 for a hellcat is about right.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With those figures the Fox body is 15 lbs per HP, the new one is 9 lbs per HP. So that’s about 60% less weight per HP on the new mustang, and that should feel faster. Which I’m sure it has a better 1/4 mile time.

So here again I can tell for sure 100% a fox body because mine ran 14.2 with nothing. ……...13.50's with gears and slicks only.

guessing new ones in the 12's ???

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you are comparing power to weight of an old iron block V8 compared to a new all aluminum twin turbo V6, it's going to be even more skewed in favor of the new engine than just looking at raw hp numbers
2.7 Ecoboost: 440lbs, 325hp
351 Windsor: 510lbs, 220hp gross, probably <200 net
Well I wanted to compare the old bronc, to the new one. Take the old best preforming Bronco engine option compared to what we think the best option the new bronc will have.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I wanted to compare the old bronc, to the new one. Take the old best preforming Bronco engine option compared to what we think the best option the new bronc will have.

Most early Bronco's had a 302 ……….. but we can use the BOSS Bronco, it had a balanced and blueprinted 351 !!!:LOL:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so a quick search is 205 HP and 3420 lbs. for a 68 302 Bronco. The BOSS would be more 315 ???? …….. a 68 mustang 351W is 295 HP

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So here again I can tell for sure 100% a fox body because mine ran 14.2 with nothing. ……...13.50's with gears and slicks only.

guessing new ones in the 12's ???
New ones with autos can hit 10's n/a. 11's possible stock for the auto. Low 12's manual.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs