Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do some squats. Crisis averted. And you can be as coordinated as you want, still can't shift faster or smoother. Just an antiquated way to think when owning a modern vehicle to want a manual. Like those guys who wanted a manual in the GT500. It's a fast track car. Why make it slower with a manual? Why make the Bronco a neanderthal on the trails with a manual? My dad says the same though, wants a manual so he has something to do with his hand. But he's a geezer. I guess you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink haha
I don’t GAF about how quickly the gears shift, or lap times in a BRONCO. A manual can also bring back memories, like your father or grandfather teaching you how to drive a manual, rev match (double clutch) a 300 ci f250, clutch start down a hill because the starter went out, etc.
Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

True but to any void the warranty because your messing with the ECU and does it pop a light?
I guess I don’t mind because I turn off traction control in my merc every time I get in the car (because 90s traction control SUUUUCK)
Depends on the method. The ForScan and aftermarket disablers may void the warranty. Plugging something into the USB ports or a 110V plug (if equipped) will not void the warranty, but will automatically override the AS/S, at least according to the folks over at the Ranger5G forum.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good manual transmissions are good

Bad automatic transmissions are bad

There is a middle ground, bad manual transmissions do exist (bad shifting feel, bad gear ratio spreads, prone to failure, etc) and good autos do exist (Not all automatics with a manual mode will shift when you don't tell them to, and modern ones do shift faster than a manual)

Given the choice between a good manual and a good auto though, I'll take the manual, knowing the auto is objectively better but the manual is subjectively more fun.
Automatics are always better :ROFLMAO: . Try texting and driving while in the city or during stop and go traffic in a manual. Huge pain. But seriously, it's a preference thing. I've never seen the point of manuals. I learned to drive one but I prefer automatics, but if it you tickles your jollies and it's available, knock yourself out.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Automatics are always better :ROFLMAO: . Try texting and driving while in the city or during stop and go traffic in a manual. Huge pain. But seriously, it's a preference thing. I've never seen the point of manuals. I learned to drive one but I prefer automatics, but if it you tickles your jollies and it's available, knock yourself out.
Typically that’s frowned upon, but I have no trouble eating a hamburger and checking my phone while simultaneously driving in traffic in my manual vehicles.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all the guys who want a manual.... what's so wrong with an auto with selectable gears? Ford did it on their Raptors, what makes you think they can't or won't on their Bronco? I'm looking at it from the perspective of the desert off roading experience. Plenty of Broncos are used for desert running, not just slow speed driving on trails and rocks. With the selectable 6 speed in my Gen 1 Raptor, I've done both and had tons of fun. I don't see why you have to throw a fit about it. I constantly watch rock crawlers with manual transmissions just bombing through sections like maniacs because they can't feather a throttle and work a clutch. Which leads to breaking parts constantly, leaving a mess on the trail, and making everyone's day longer. An automatic is smooth, consistent, and actually are stronger than back in the day. Baja and KOH race teams have gate shifters on automatics.... And for those of us that run fast off road, a faster shifting transmission makes sense.

Yea, driving a manual is fun. I enjoy it for the experience, but what I'm seeing is guys who can't drive worth a damn on the trail. Saying that's a deal breaker is on you. Whatever. But you seem to think manuals are better (not just more fun and engaging which they are) and autos are easily smoother off road. Why wouldn't you be ok with an auto that you can shift?
Driving requires attention, automatics encourage distraction. I want to be engaged by the act of driving, not lulled to sleep with the vehicle doing everything for me. I believe there is a direct correlation between the deterioration of driving skills and the prevalence of the automatic transmission. So you enjoy your faster shifting toy, I will drive a real automobile and likely as a far better operator than you.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Want a manual transmission?
Want an automatic transmission?
Want an automatic transmission with paddle shifters?
The choice is yours, no one else's, you are not obliged to explain your choice to anyone.

Want no choice, automatic is the only way to go, this video is for you:
(to young to get the video? please read up on Soviet history)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
don't forget the black hat & matching outfit :)

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plastic around the wheel wells, need all metal option, heavy gauge sheet metal.
WAAAIT!!!! Along with that.
Newer cars are going to FOAM board around the front wheel wells AND under the motor. AND IT SUUUUUCKS traps nasty oily salt water. I have to spray out my wheel wells on the Chevy WEEKLY and it’s BROWN water. That can’t be good on the part touching metal. Still waiting on a plastic replacement.

if the bronco has them expect those to get replaced ASAP!

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
WAAAIT!!!! Along with that.
Newer cars are going to FOAM board around the front wheel wells AND under the motor. AND IT SUUUUUCKS traps nasty oily salt water. I have to spray out my wheel wells on the Chevy WEEKLY and it’s BROWN water. That can’t be good on the part touching metal. Still waiting on a plastic replacement.

if the bronco has them expect those to get replaced ASAP!
I'm still hoping that the fenders could be aluminum. Solves a lot of those rust concerns and keeps weight down