Sponsored

DrPerez007

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ; 2015 Dodge Charger (work); 2016 Jeep JKU; 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat; 2019 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please don’t hold back; can you tell us how you really feel about black wheels?
Sponsored

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You mean truck wheels come in some other color??
NO to all black interior, please! Leave that cheap look to FCA (excepting the Ram).
Give me the Bronco with 6K (or better) towing and the 2.7 or better . . . this or a Gladiator (God, I hate that name) with 5.7 will get me.

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Please for the love of Christ don't force me to run black wheels - God I am so sick of black wheels. I would hate to have to buy new wheels and leave the black ones sitting on the ground here at work so I can drive the vehicle home. It's not 2009 and black wheels suck. This isn't a deal breaker, but holy shit black wheels suck.

Say,
I like black wheels and rims!
I do! I like them, KC!
I would ride them on a hover board.
I would ride them on a unicycle.
I would ride them on a moped.
I would ride them on a scate board.
I would ride them on a SUV.
I would ride them on my wife’s CRV.
Say, I would ride them on my Ford Bronco.
BUT I would not, would not, put them on a Tahoe, or any other GMC.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please for the love of Christ don't force me to run black wheels - God I am so sick of black wheels. I would hate to have to buy new wheels and leave the black ones sitting on the ground here at work so I can drive the vehicle home. It's not 2009 and black wheels suck. This isn't a deal breaker, but holy shit black wheels suck.

Say,
I like black wheels and rims!
I do! I like them, KC!
I would ride them on a hover board.
I would ride them on a unicycle.
I would ride them on a moped.
I would ride them on a scate board.
I would ride them on a SUV.
I would ride them on my wife’s CRV.
Say, I would ride them on my Ford Bronco.
BUT I would not, would not, put them on a Tahoe, or any other GMC.
I guess I'm one of those guys stuck in 2009 because I like black wheels. For entertainment, I've been doing a build & price on Wranglers. I've rejected all of the trims that won't allow me to add black wheels and all season tires.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black wheels are terrible.

2.3 Ecoboost being the only engine is the deal breaker for me. Prefer at least a V6 but a V8 is better. I doubt this thing will have enough room for a Coyote though.

Manual or Auto is fine, if given the option I would take an automatic since it would be my DD. I'll leave the manuals in my sportscars.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Deal breakers for me are no manual option and low towing capacity. I need to be able to tow at least 5500lbs while rowing the gears with the top off to want to buy it

Also, big time agree on the black wheels. I really don't understand the appeal at all... like, if you want black wheels, fine, go buy some damn plasti-dip so you can make your car look like every Honda owned by a 17 year old. It's a lot easier to make bare metal wheels black than it is to do the other way around

Like those guys who wanted a manual in the GT500. It's a fast track car. Why make it slower with a manual?
Because ANYONE buying a GT500 isn't racing it competitively, so what purpose is there in completely sacrificing the fun factor of the vehicle for a metric that will NEVER be put to use?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also, big time agree on the black wheels. I really don't understand the appeal at all... like, if you want black wheels, fine, go buy some damn plasti-dip so you can make your car look like every Honda owned by a 17 year old. It's a lot easier to make bare metal wheels black than it is to do the other way around.
Reason for black wheels = you can’t see the brake dust and they contrast with lighter shades of gray.

(I’m ambivalent - have black center and spoke wheels with silver rims / remind me of Fuchs.)

Agree on the towing and manual.

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is no reason for black wheel. None. Not ever. Not ever ever ever. Black wheels should be banned. Black wheels are lazy and uninspired. Death to black wheels.

Bronze/gold, silver, and white are the only acceptable wheel colors.

edit: oh and orange, orange is cool too

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no reason for black wheel. None. Not ever. Not ever ever ever. Black wheels should be banned. Black wheels are lazy and uninspired. Death to black wheels.

Bronze/gold, silver, and white are the only acceptable wheel colors.

edit: oh and orange, orange is cool too
Hopefully Ford offers optional white spoke wagon wheels on the Bronco. Sporty! :)
Ford Bronco What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco? WhiteSpokeWagonWheels

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It cracks me up that the biggest gripe about the automatic is, essentially, that it doesn't look like a manual.
I think it automatics should just be Alexa/Google enabled... so you can say Alexa, tell Sync to put my GT500 in Drive.
I mean why have to reach for a lever or knob to go like hell?

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It cracks me up that the biggest gripe about the automatic is, essentially, that it doesn't look like a manual.
I think it automatics should just be Alexa/Google enabled... so you can say Alexa, tell Sync to put my GT500 in Drive.
I mean why have to reach for a lever or knob to go like hell?
I hate when autos put a giant level in the center console.

That's arguably the most valuable real estate in the cabin, and it's being wasted by having a giant lever that's largely untouched for 99% of your driving. Put it up on the column. Or anywhere else.

Give me a better place to set my phone, an extra cupholder, something useful.

I will die on this hill.