NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate when autos put a giant level in the center console.

That's arguably the most valuable real estate in the cabin, and it's being wasted by having a giant lever that's largely untouched for 99% of your driving. Put it up on the column. Or anywhere else.

Give me a better place to set my phone, an extra cupholder, something useful.

I will die on this hill.
Also 100% automatics should mean column shifter, not center console space waster.
Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree on the rotary knobs. I've had rentals with them and did not care for it at all.
My wife drives a C-Max and we're thinking of a Corsair Hybrid as a replacement. At first glance, I like the push button/toggle/piano key... whatever it is control of the Corsair. Liked it even more in a test drive. Not sure what it would be like to live with.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The C8 doesn't have a lever, it uses shift buttons. And if you haven't heard people griping about the C8 being auto only, you must not be too involved in the Corvette community. I think the petition to add a manual option got something like 15,000 signatures? Theres a 1000+ page thread about it on Corvette Forums. I'm one of those that has been bitching about it non-stop, as I would've cancelled my plans for a Bronco and gotten a used truck and a C8 if it were offered in manual. Hell, even when I get my Bronco, I just need to finish paying off the Mustang and then I'll add a C8 if it's offered in manual by then. If not, I'll either buy a used C8 and send it to European Auto Group (the company in Texas well known for manual swaps) or I'll just skip the extra legwork and get the Ferrari 360 Spider in manual that I've wanted since I was a kid

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is no deal breaker for me. Really hope the 2 door is the size i want, slightly bigger than a 2 door jeep. Want the raptor package in the 2 door with a manual transmission, along with all the tech that comes with the top of the line edition. Hope for better colors than what looks like is available now and pricing comparable to a similarly equipped wrangler. that being said i have had 7 wranglers and want something different, will option it out the best i can and go with it happily. really would like a ford performance blue, white top, 2 door raptor, manual, 2.7, and throw some bronze aftermarket wheels on it

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Amazing how a little color makes even a jeep look great.

Ford Bronco What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco? 1585757057028

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The C8 doesn't have a lever, it uses shift buttons. And if you haven't heard people griping about the C8 being auto only, you must not be too involved in the Corvette community. I think the petition to add a manual option got something like 15,000 signatures? Theres a 1000+ page thread about it on Corvette Forums. I'm one of those that has been bitching about it non-stop, as I would've cancelled my plans for a Bronco and gotten a used truck and a C8 if it were offered in manual. Hell, even when I get my Bronco, I just need to finish paying off the Mustang and then I'll add a C8 if it's offered in manual by then. If not, I'll either buy a used C8 and send it to European Auto Group (the company in Texas well known for manual swaps) or I'll just skip the extra legwork and get the Ferrari 360 Spider in manual that I've wanted since I was a kid
Reverse and Drive are levers, Neutral and Park are buttons.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either way, its still a shitbox Chevy. If someone gave me one for free, i'd trade it off for a Ford.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It cracks me up that the biggest gripe about the automatic is, essentially, that it doesn't look like a manual.
I think it automatics should just be Alexa/Google enabled... so you can say Alexa, tell Sync to put my GT500 in Drive.
I mean why have to reach for a lever or knob to go like hell?
Because the are times you want to control the car instead of the computer because you like it and you want to. (I am assuming the Mustang has paddles?)

So the reason the USS McCain collided was new destroyers come with touch screen throttles. The bridge watch team thought they had moved throttle control to a separate panel for high traffic navigation (I.e, one sailor controls the throttles and one the rudder). They accidentally transferred steering control too, and they didn’t realize it. So when they tried to turn the ship where they thought steering was being controlled the rudder didn’t respond. They didn’t figure out what they had done before it was too late.

Lesson learned - real throttle levers and real steering wheels with overriding control are a key intuitive control in emergency situations.

A dashboard dial is not the same as a shift lever.

Interesting related article:https://jalopnik.com/honda-follows-mazda-by-ditching-some-touchscreen-contro-1842564375

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would 100% buy Bronco with white top, white rims, and orange/blue body paint.
I want baby blue with a white top...just like my 1970 was when it came off the assembly line.

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the are times you want to control the car instead of the computer because you like it and you want to. (I am assuming the Mustang has paddles?)

So the reason the USS McCain collided was new destroyers come with touch screen throttles. The bridge watch team thought they had moved throttle control to a separate panel for high traffic navigation (I.e, one sailor controls the throttles and one the rudder). They accidentally transferred steering control too, and they didn’t realize it. So when they tried to turn the ship where they thought steering was being controlled the rudder didn’t respond. They didn’t figure out what they had done before it was too late.

Lesson learned - real throttle levers and real steering wheels with overriding control are a key intuitive control in emergency situations.

A dashboard dial is not the same as a shift lever.

Interesting related article:https://jalopnik.com/honda-follows-mazda-by-ditching-some-touchscreen-contro-1842564375
Thank you for making my argument. Manual Transmission... Problem solved.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it gets cancelled. Only real deal breaker for me. I’ve been waiting 24 years and can wait a little longer.

OP
OP
Superds

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided