First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
be Careful here I was banned from bronco sport when they announced the 1.5l three cyl engine, I said I was out. so I got banned! I would still like to see the info though, they might change my mind. but at 1450 CU IN , that's about same as my 96 Harley, I would hate to put that in a suv..
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A " true" parking/hand brake. No foot pedal, no console button.
This is a stickler with me as well.
I don't care if it's an Auto or Manual (Preferred), but the ability to use a Manual Hand Brake is very important to me.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

be Careful here I was banned from bronco sport when they announced the 1.5l three cyl engine, I said I was out. so I got banned! I would still like to see the info though, they might change my mind. but at 1450 CU IN , that's about same as my 96 Harley, I would hate to put that in a suv..
Haven't they also confirmed (well, leaked) a 2.0L 4 cylinder EcoBoost engine for the Sport?

It looks like that 2.0L is usually tuned to put out 245HP and 275 lb-ft. of torque, and is tuned for 5 more of each in a couple of Lincoln models. That beats the tar out of the 2.2L naturally aspirated I-4 that my old 2001 GMC Sonoma ran (120HP, 140 lb-ft. torque).

Of course, that 1.5L EcoBoost also puts out more power than my old Sonoma (197HP, 214 torque), so that old pickup isn't setting the bar very high.

I'm not, nor was I ever in, the market for the Sport, but if I were going to consider one, I wouldn't even consider the 1.5L. Odd numbers of cylinders belong in motorcycles and lawn/garden equipment.

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 1.5t in my Accord is great, but it's also 3100 pounds. I'm sure that engine would be just fine in the Sport. The main issue I see though is that he shouldn't be banned for expressing that opinion, assuming he wasn't being a total ass. Even then....

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A " true" parking/hand brake. No foot pedal, no console button.
As long as that parking/hand brake is not on the models with Automatic transmissions, like on the Wrangler. It cuts right into your leg if you are tall, very uncomfortable and it could be a dealbreaker for me.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Curious...But why is the parking brake such a big deal?

I prefer the tactile feel of a mechanical one too, but it's hardly anything I'd call a deal breaker. I figure I'm missing something.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As long as that parking/hand brake is not on the models with Automatic transmissions, like on the Wrangler. It cuts right into your leg if you are tall, very uncomfortable and it could be a dealbreaker for me.
Huh? Maybe the updated 3.6 liter JK or are you talking older TJ? I’m tall / don’t have that problem on the JK 3.8. It is sometimes an issue in the TJ.

The manual in 6th gear or reverse was an issue for the passenger and front cup holder with a xl cup but I put the B&M shift lever in to fix the popping out of 3rd gear on washboard roads problem, and the shorter shift action fixed the problem. (B&M shift lever w/o the B&M shifter seems to have fixed the popping out problem too).
Sponsored