Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t be so hard on him, he actually wanted Peking duck!
Sponsored

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious...But why is the parking brake such a big deal?

I prefer the tactile feel of a mechanical one too, but it's hardly anything I'd call a deal breaker. I figure I'm missing something.
Hand e-brake is really beneficial for (steep) hill starts in a manual transmission (which I prefer). Much better feel for when it's released.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hand e-brake is really beneficial for (steep) hill starts in a manual transmission (which I prefer). Much better feel for when it's released.
This is just an extension of all the other modern automation versus control discussions.

I’ll bet the very same people who prefer push button, rarely ever use the e-brake, just dial it into park and get out. In that instance, yeah sure why not remove an additional hand lever where more cup holders could go?

Telsa Cybertruck maybe a better option for some. It surely will have all the automation so you don’t have to be bothered.

/s

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think any vehicle with an electronic handbrake and a manual transmission will also have hill start assist which prevents the car from rolling backwards on a hill when you let off the brake to solve that problem. If you prefer doing it manually that's fair, but the tech is there to make it not an issue.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think any vehicle with an electronic handbrake and a manual transmission will also have hill start assist which prevents the car from rolling backwards on a hill when you let off the brake to solve that problem. If you prefer doing it manually that's fair, but the tech is there to make it not an issue.
My TDI has manual trans and manual ebrake but still has hill assist (just FYI)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who really wants to buy a bronco to keep forever and to be the only new car i will likely ever buy. All this infotainment, hill assist, and button handbrakes is starting to sound like dealbreakers to me. I prefer to drive a vehicle rather than play with a screen, and from 18 wheelers to chevy barretas, to cjs trying to get out of a hole halfway up 40 degree incline i have never had a problem hill starting a manual and cant imagine a need for an assist.
I am really hoping that alot of this technology i hear people asking for is optional or atleast removable after my warranty expires. I just want this bronco to be solid, rugged, and reliable like my waterproof flip phone with its 5 day battery.

All i ask for is a stripper model with the big engine and the good suspension. The only thing i can imagine wanting a screen for is trail cameras. But i can live without those if the doors come off and the windshield goes down.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As someone who really wants to buy a bronco to keep forever and to be the only new car i will likely ever buy. All this infotainment, hill assist, and button handbrakes is starting to sound like dealbreakers to me. I prefer to drive a vehicle rather than play with a screen, and from 18 wheelers to chevy barretas, to cjs trying to get out of a hole halfway up 40 degree incline i have never had a problem hill starting a manual and cant imagine a need for an assist.
I am really hoping that alot of this technology i hear people asking for is optional or atleast removable after my warranty expires. I just want this bronco to be solid, rugged, and reliable like my waterproof flip phone with its 5 day battery.

All i ask for is a stripper model with the big engine and the good suspension. The only thing i can imagine wanting a screen for is trail cameras. But i can live without those if the doors come off and the windshield goes down.
I don't think anyone is seriously expecting the windshield to go down on the new Bronco. Doors and top off? Yes. Windshield down? Doubtful.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think anyone is seriously expecting the windshield to go down on the new Bronco. Doors and top off? Yes. Windshield down? Doubtful.
The pics shown don't have the bumpers on the hood for the windshield to rest on like the Jeep. Lowering the windshield just seems like it's adding one more headache to the mix and relatively few would use anyway.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know the windshield going down probably falls in with my desire to not have heated butt wipers but apparently all cars have em now. Problem is i live on maui where there is simply no need for them!
Sponsored