Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Must
I just keep going back to this. Funniest shit I’ve ever read lmfao
Must be simple then. The wife wanted an escape. That was a great little SUV. yes it was basically a mazda just like the ranger was of that timeframe. But it was a hell of a car and she kept it well past needing it as a daily driver. Not sure what the 2019 f250 has to do with the escape for u. Besides they are both ford.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How long do you think it takes to develop a vehicle? 5 years is pretty quick for a completely new from the ground up design. I'd much rather wait a bit longer and get something good than have it be rushed and crap.

Something that can actually sway jeep owners released in a year from now is far better than something that wouldn't appeal to anybody, released tomorrow.
How long did it take to bring the Ranger to the U S and that already existed elsewhere?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not saying I won't own more Fords, I just bought a 2019 F250 because I wanted a 6 speed auto instead of having to figure out if the 10 speed was gonna be good or not. I am just disappointed in the bronco roll out. I can deal with the IFS. I don't want to wait years more. At that point might as well wait in a bronco raptor or whatever they will call it. But that doesnt really do much for Ford in 2020 or 2021. But of which will be very hard years for the company.
In my case, if the Bronco doesn't work out, I'll be buying another Ford/Lincoln vehicle. Most likely an Explorer ST.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How long did it take to bring...
There is nothing quite as comfortable as doing today what you did yesterday. And businesses might have been able to do that in the past, but those days are gone. The pickle we're in today, together with the recession to follow and wild swings in the energy market will reward the nimble. If that's not the automakers of today, others will find a way.

I'm sure everyone uses computer modelling/simulation to some degree - but how much quicker could Ford & its suppliers come to market by increasing that tool. Yeah...I know about government imposed standards, but together with all the unnecessary add-ons (i.e. backup cameras) the industry & government will have to find new ways to succeed. Or not.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is nothing quite as comfortable as doing today what you did yesterday. And businesses might have been able to do that in the past, but those days are gone. The pickle we're in today, together with the recession to follow and wild swings in the energy market will reward the nimble. If that's not the automakers of today, others will find a way.

I'm sure everyone uses computer modelling/simulation to some degree - but how much quicker could Ford & its suppliers come to market by increasing that tool. Yeah...I know about government imposed standards, but together with all the unnecessary add-ons (i.e. backup cameras) the industry & government will have to find new ways to succeed. Or not.
Computer modeling was being done back in the days of the Dodge Intrepid.
https://www.autonews.com/article/19971215/ANA/712150750/intrepid-ads-tout-high-tech-heritage

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In my case, if the Bronco doesn't work out, I'll be buying another Ford/Lincoln vehicle. Most likely an Explorer ST.
I really like these alot. I am worried about all the quality issues. I was looking at these for the wife, she is a Pontiac girl at heart (G8 GXP) but second is her F150. We are hoping the QAQC process gets the bugs out since that is a really neat setup with a 10 speed auto and RWD layout.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Attractive incentives on brand new Raptors and rumor that the Bronco Raptor wouldn’t be out until 2023.

Oh and all these IFS and SFA discussions proving how badass the Raptor is.:ROFLMAO:

I’ll be back in a couple years:cool:

464D5C95-D015-4755-AD1E-B1A32C76D463.jpeg

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Attractive incentives on brand new Raptors and rumor that the Bronco Raptor wouldn’t be out until 2023.

Oh and all these IFS and SFA discussions proving how badass the Raptor is.:ROFLMAO:

I’ll be back in a couple years:cool:

Ford Bronco What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco? 464D5C95-D015-4755-AD1E-B1A32C76D463
They are a blast, enjoy! I would probably get one also if I knew that I could update the infotainment system to sync 4 later on. My plan is to get the bronco, and either get the 2023 raptor or the super duty whenever they put the new interior in it. Have fun!

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Deal breaker for the two door; lack of meaningful storage in the back. Wish list for two door; Ford offers two seats up front with an optional third (behind passenger seat) and uses the missing third/fourth position for storage (and if they could get a cargo cover over it, would be awesome!).

Wish list for both versions; dry sump oil system so I would not be nervous actually using it on extended incline/decline trails.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Deal breaker for the two door; lack of meaningful storage in the back. Wish list for two door; Ford offers two seats up front with an optional third (behind passenger seat) and uses the missing third/fourth position for storage (and if they could get a cargo cover over it, would be awesome!).

Wish list for both versions; dry sump oil system so I would not be nervous actually using it on extended incline/decline trails.
Could have some sort of oil accumulator or resevoir system designed to keep the turbos wet. that would help. Also I so wish the thing (2dr)was like 10 12 inches longer, in the body atleast. Once a week I need to fit 2 dogs and laundry and groceries, My 96 bronco does great at that I can even get propane too (for fridge) if i squeeze. My ZJ and MJ also does it but my wife likes riding in the bronco! Shes a real keeper!

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Slow week so I'll toss this out there since I don't think I've posted it yet, but dealbreaker for me would be if it's smaller than the current JL two door. People have concluded from the spyshots that the two door Bronco's wheelbase is ~96", on par with the JL. Luckily because the front wheels are so forward on the Wrangler, a Bronco with the same wheelbase could potentially have up to 6" more passenger/cargo room, I'm hoping that's the case.

wrangler bronco.png

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Could have some sort of oil accumulator or resevoir system designed to keep the turbos wet. that would help. Also I so wish the thing (2dr)was like 10 12 inches longer, in the body atleast. Once a week I need to fit 2 dogs and laundry and groceries, My 96 bronco does great at that I can even get propane too (for fridge) if i squeeze. My ZJ and MJ also does it but my wife likes riding in the bronco! Shes a real keeper!
Ford Bronco What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco? 48D24D5C-F95B-409E-A368-06F70D563F10

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me, and it's more of a deal delayer than a deal breaker, will be the vig on first Broncos. In 2005, Mustang GTs (coupes) were fetching $3000 over MSRP. In 2006, MSRP. I purchased my 2007 GT at $500 over invoice. I love my Fords, but I don't want to give the dealer any more of my hard earned money than I have to. When they finally unveil the 2 door Bronco, I'll more than likely have to set up a countdown timer for when they can be bought for a realistic price. I don't see the Covid-19 situation putting any sort of dent in dealer greed. Let's hope I'm wrong...
Sponsored