mattpa

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion Hybrid SE
...I just remember automatic seatbelts and the hell those created. I even remember people selling thing to lock em in place when they break and the jankyness of all that...
Oh man, my brother had those in his POS Tempo back in high school. His seat belts didn't break before the rest of the car did, but they were bad enough when they functioned "properly" lol.

Advertisement

MaverickMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
I'm hoping they don't for the on road versions. I'd like to see carpet with carpeted logo mats. Also, memory power seat. Jeep seems to produce everything 1 way (example Wrangler & Gladiator doors) to save money. I hope Ford doesn't cheap out on details.
That is a good point. Like drain holes, hardtop liners, fancy seats, and carpet. All those are things that should be easy to make both of. LIke on the stamping lines for the floors, do the drain contour stamp on all but only do the punch stamp for the holes on part of the run. Different floor liners, different but same seats. All that stuff should be optional. Whether bulked together or individually.

Jook13

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Maybe not a deal breaker, but is Ford going to pump fake engine noise through the speakers? Can it be turned off on other Ford products? You would think they learned enough people complain about that but I don't know..

Jalisurr

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, '09 Corvette Z06, '08 ZX-6R
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe not a deal breaker, but is Ford going to pump fake engine noise through the speakers? Can it be turned off on other Ford products? You would think they learned enough people complain about that but I don't know..
They probably will have fake engine noise, yeah. Pretty much every other Ford product has it in some version

I know on at least the F150 you can turn it off with forscan (which will be one of the first things I do on a Bronco along with enabling some options like 'Bambi mode')

There are probably other methods of disabling it as well like pulling fuses, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any way to turn it off just through an option in the infotainment if that's what you're after.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Eh - I was as just driving with the top off the JK at night, looking over the hood and thinking how different the Bronco hood profile will be with the raised edges and canoe tie downs, and how much that profile reminds me of dad’s. Ford is really going to have missed their mark on the on-road vs off-road suv chart to lose me. It’s really a question of next vehicle or the one after?
I'd like to say it's my next vehicle...but I don't know if I can wait until 2023 for the Braptor.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
They probably will have fake engine noise, yeah. Pretty much every other Ford product has it in some version

I know on at least the F150 you can turn it off with forscan (which will be one of the first things I do on a Bronco along with enabling some options like 'Bambi mode')

There are probably other methods of disabling it as well like pulling fuses, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any way to turn it off just through an option in the infotainment if that's what you're after.
What the hell is 'Bambi Mode'?

I mean...is it gonna shoot my mom or something?

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
That is a good point. Like drain holes, hardtop liners, fancy seats, and carpet. All those are things that should be easy to make both of. LIke on the stamping lines for the floors, do the drain contour stamp on all but only do the punch stamp for the holes on part of the run. Different floor liners, different but same seats. All that stuff should be optional. Whether bulked together or individually.
Either that or they could put plastic plugs in the holes like the did in the 60's and 70's cars and run the carpet right over them.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Its just a complaint about added complexity, and the probability of overall future failures.
This is the most flawed argument that the anti-tech people LOVE to use

So, what if hill start assist "breaks"? Well, then you'll have a car without hill start assist, JUST LIKE YOU WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE

I hear the same thing about things like power locks... some people don't like them because they're afraid they'll break. So, what if they break? Well guess what... you just got yourself a car with manual locks, just like you wanted

Jalisurr

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, '09 Corvette Z06, '08 ZX-6R
Vehicle Showcase
What the hell is 'Bambi Mode'?

I mean...is it gonna shoot my mom or something?
Ha! Thankfully not, 'Bambi Mode' means having the fog lights stay on when you turn your high beams on. To spot Bambi along the side of the dark road.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
This is the most flawed argument that the anti-tech people LOVE to use

So, what if hill start assist "breaks"? Well, then you'll have a car without hill start assist, JUST LIKE YOU WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE

I hear the same thing about things like power locks... some people don't like them because they're afraid they'll break. So, what if they break? Well guess what... you just got yourself a car with manual locks, just like you wanted
I like this logic.

I was on a road trip last summer with my dad and kept having to remind him to put his damned seat belt on EVERY SINGLE TIME WE GOT IN THE CAR. The seatbelt chime would start going off and I'd have to remind him to buckle up. His argument was "if we have a wreck, or go off a bridge into water, I want to get out of the damned car as fast as possible and I don't want some stupid seatbelt keeping me from getting out. Also if there's a wreck, I'd rather be thrown from the car than stay in it." Then he proceeds to start in about all the tech on my car, power this power that, massage seats, rain sensing wipers, all stuff he said will break rendering my vehicle completely useless. In the middle of his mini rant about technology, I turned on the massaging seats and he shut up in about ten seconds.

I love technology.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
Do you want to hear White Christmas in the middle of July? Because that's how you hear White Christmas in the middle of July.
Excuse me, did someone ask for White Christmas by Bing Crosby? Yes, I have this in my iTunes Library.
74794783-2AF4-485C-A97F-B01483868840.png